|Screen Size||15.6 inches|
|Screen Resolution||WXGA HD 1366*768|
|Max Screen Resolution||14.60" x x|
|Processor||1.6 GHz Intel Core i7|
|RAM||6 GB ddr3|
|Hard Drive||500 GB mechanical_hard_drive|
|Wireless Type||802.11bgn, Bluetooth|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||3|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||4 hours|
ASUS G51JX-X5 Republic of Gamers 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop PC - Dark Brown
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Intel i7-720QM Quad-Core processor with Turbo Boost technology up to 2.8GHz
- 6GB DDR3 1066MHz, 4 SODIMM Sockets, up to 8GB
- 500GB 7200RPM HDD; Super-Multi DVD Drive; 802.11 b/g/n; Bluetooth
- Nvidia GTS 360M graphics with 1GB DDR5 VRAM; Windows Home Premium 64-bit Operating System
- 15.6-Inch Full HD (1920x1080) LED Display; 2.0M Webcam; Backlit chiclet keyboard
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
The ASUS G51JX is one of the newest notebooks from the Republic of Gaming(ROG) Notebook line. Powered by Intel’s i7-720QM Core i7 processor and a dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M graphics card, the ASUS G51JX offers users a completely new class of physical gaming interaction for a more realistic and dynamic experience. The NVIDIA GeForce GTS 360M also features 1GB GDDR5 VRAM, which performs significantly better than the standard DDR2 and DDR3 video memory. With a 3DMark score of 11,000+ the performance of the ASUS G51JX is a leap from the other 15-Inch mainstream notebooks that produce scores ranging from 2000 to 3000. The G51JX also supports 3D gaming surround audio in the form of EAX Advanced HD 4.0 audio technology. This technology detects in-game environments and actions to provide corresponding 3D sound effects. It can provide up to an additional 64 sound effects from the sound library, producing ultra-realistic spatial effects in more than 300 supported games. Equipped with an illuminating chiclet keyboard, the G51JX enables gamers to control the brightness of the keyboard to cater to their needs. This provides gamers with an added advantage over their opponents, and allows them to continue to dominate even in the dark, like that of LAN party environments. The G51JX also features Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit Operating System. The notebook comes with the ASUS 360 service program that includes a 2 year global warranty, one month zero bright dot guaranty, free two-way standard shipping, twenty-four hour tech support seven days a week, and a one year accidental damage warranty, protecting the notebook from drops, fire, spills and surge.
Top Customer Reviews
- Well capable machine indeed, I've played Crysis, Battlefield III, Assassin's Creed Revelation and others with no problems, I also have done some 3D rendering with quite a good performance.
- Illuminated chiclet keyboard is a plus specially in poorly lit areas, some people would love having a numpad as well.
- Screen is beautiful (if you're looking at the right angle!)
Cons/areas of improvement:
- Keyboard: Well, if you're a gamer (and you ought to be if you're buying a machine like that!) speed is important, and usually if you lose your contact to the arrow buttons it's easy to get back to them on any other keyboard, since usually there's an empty space around the arrow keys in standard keyboards, unfortunately not this one! I mean why ASUS?! why have you chose a keyboard where the arrow buttons for some unknown reason is quite embedded around the rest of the keyboard keys??! now if you're navigating in game menus, or using the arrows in even some word processor you have to actually look to the keyboard to locate them with your eyes. that wasn't a smart choice of the keyboard layout -period-.
- It gets HOT! I wouldn't say this is a major con, if you're a gamer you want your machine to perform and you'd expect some heat to get out of it. I'd strongly suggest buying a cooler along with it.
- I don't particularly like having the power socket right beside the network socket, they get in the way of each other when you have one plugged and you want to plug the other.
- Screen: the vertical viewing angle (screen tilt) is a major setback for me, if you haven't aligned your screen angle at its best you might be missing some wonderful details in the game, or have an overall 'darker' view. Vertical viewing angle should have been worked on before releasing this strong machine.
- Sound: Sometimes the speakers aren't loud enough, I think the sound card is capable though as it becomes really loud if you're using headphones. I had a Toshiba Qosmio before and never had this problem. ASUS should have invested a little bit more in the speakers area as well.
ASUS customer service is excellent, but still working on the BSOD problem. Every graphics intensive game I have installed either BSOD's, freezes, or stops working during game play. I have used this computer for work and school and had several instances of a BSOD during a briefing or halfway through an important document/posting online. Reviews of the BSOD problem shows that it affects many people who have purchased this model. An upgrade to the bios fixes this problems in older models, but not this one yet.
Conclusion: Awesome computer for the price if the BSOD's can be fixed or ignored.
If you like high performance computers and ones that are challenging and time consuming then this is the one for you, if you get this computer knowing all the problems and solve them all immediately then ull be fine but otherwise your stepping into it...
The laptop had no deffects , no dead pixels( something I was very woried about).
I have been using it for about a week now and I can say that I am impressed . Very fast machine , I wish it came with an XP tho , but thats fixable :D
It does get very hot on the left side , but poor thing is just trying to get the heat out! No problems so far from that except some burned leg hair :D
What's intresting is tha price changeing. I bought it for 1279$ , a few days after I recieved it the price went down to 1150$ , and now it's 1380$ or so. You better time your purchuase or you might end up paying more for something that actualy costs less.
I recomend this product to anybody who is willing to pay that much for a laptop , I couldn't find a better deal.
the turbo extreme mode is awesome on this machine! :)