|Screen Size||17.3 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080 pixels|
|Processor||1.73 hertz Intel Core i7|
|RAM||16 GB SO-DIMM|
|Memory Speed||1333 MHz|
|Hard Drive||1000 GB flash_memory_solid_state|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Nvidia GTX 460M|
|Card Description||GeForce 460|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||1536 MB|
|Wireless Type||802.11 B/G, 802.11bgn, 802.11B|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||3|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||1|
ASUS G73JW-ROG Limited Edition Republic of Gamers 17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop - Black
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Intel i7-740QM (1.73GHz Quad-Core with Turbo Boost up to 2.93GHz); 16GB DDR3 1333MHz , 4 SODIMM Sockets
- Nvidia GTX 460M Graphics with 1.5GB GDDR5; 1TB Hybrid HDD/SSD (2x 500G 7200RPM/4GB SSD)
- Blue-Ray Burner; Illuminated Keyboard; 1x USB 3.0 + 3x USB 2.0 Ports; 802.11 b/g/n; Bluetooth
- 17.3-Inch Full HD (1920x1080) LED Display; 2.0M Webcam; Gaming Backpack and Mouse; ASUS ROG Dogtags w/limited edition serial number
- 1yr Accidental Damage Warranty and 2yr Standard Warranty Included
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
I researched a few weeks before deciding on the XA1. I liked the A1 also but for $300+ less I couldn't resist the XA1.
What I like:
1. The case is flat black and will never show fingerprints (finally a finish for gamer's (and diets))!
2. The illuminated keyboard is super handy.
3. This computer is FAST, COOL and QUIET. Excellent cooling out the back as described in specs.
4. Low profile decorative lighting.
5. The DVD drive is on the left side of the computer so doesn't interfere with my mouse (right handed).
What I don't like:
1. The DVD drive has no drive status or drive in-use light. You have to rely on the software to tell you it is in-use.
2. Since the cooling out the back is so agressive, all the ports (USB/VGA/HDMI etc.)are on the sides. This crowds the sides if you want to use a video cable.
3. I think the hard drive status light is hard to see as it is right under the touch pad.
4. At certain angles, one can see the LEDs under the keys on the keyboard and and they are bright and distracting.
Differences between the A1 and XA1:
1. Yes, it's verified, the XA1 does NOT come with a back pack or ASUS gaming mouse as does the A1.
2. The XA1 has 8GB of 1033Mhz memory as reported by the CRUCIAL memory tester program (although the outside of the box states 1333mhz). The A1 has 8GB of 1333MHz memory.
3. No blue-ray player in the XA1. The A1 has one.
4. Did I mention that the XA1 is more than $300 cheaper?
5. Only 1 year warranty but it is still covered for accidental drops and spills for that whole year (ASUS Global Warranty).Read more ›
I bought this machine primarily for gaming, but also to use it daily as my work computer. It's a champ at both jobs.
--Fast: This machine never bogs down, and it has a fantastic video card. I can play Fallen Earth and Champions Online at full resolution with the details cranked up, and it's smooth as butter. Also, I can rip and encode videos quickly.
--Quiet: The loudest thing about this machine is the optical drive, and even that operates at a whisper. My MacBook Pro's fan and optical drive were both loud as sin. And that machine was nearly twice as expensive as this one!
--Cool: Run this machine as hard as you want -- it'll still be cool to the touch, thanks to the rear exhaust. My MacBook Pro constantly operated so hot that it almost burned my hands! I had to use an external keyboard all the time.
--Aesthetically pleasing: The chiclet keyboard is easy to use and feels great. The rubberized keyboard rest is very soothing as well. The machine is also just dead sexy to look at. The keyboard backlight, and other lights, are great.
--Bluray reader: heck yeah!
--Free backpack: This is actually a pretty nice backpack, and fits the laptop well (if snugly).
--Free gaming mouse: Ditto for this mouse: Pretty dang good for a give-a-way!
If you have any problems typing with the keyboard (i.e. missing keys when you know you hit them, especially when typing quickly), uninstall the Synaptics trackpad/mouse driver. This fixed this issue for me and others. This was the only problem I had with this machine.
But, as with all reviews there are some drawbacks that come with the improvements that the G73JW laptop provides:
- Great performance for the money (similiar equipped Alienware will run $500 more...)
- Superior cooling design allows laptop to run quietly even when gaming!
- Excellent LED display - great for watching HD videos and Blu Ray movies
- Blu Ray optic drive is now a standard option - finally!
- Excellent sound from built-in speakers and subwoofer; way better than my G51J-A1's sound capability
- Support for EAX 5.0 finally! My G51J-A1 only has EAX 4.0 support
- USB 3.0 port; albeit only one :(
- Battery life is surprisingly good for the performance power this laptop provides (about 2 hours from an 8-cell lithium ion battery is pretty good)
- White LED Backlit keyboard w/variable brightness (still not an available option on most laptops - only Dell, Alienware, and Asus provide this so far...)
- Light weight for its size - most 17 inch laptops weigh easily over 10lbs - this one weighs in at 8lbs!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The first thing I'd ever purchased on amazon, back when the laptop first came out. I decided after a couple of years to boot this up and see how it ran. Read morePublished 1 month ago by DJMike27
When I first purchased it, the LCD had one dead pixel. It would take 2 weeks to get it fixed through warranty. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Frank
Had this laptop for 6 years now and it's still up to par to play most of the high intensive games. First three year was great but afterward system started to go haywire, I have... Read morePublished 5 months ago by AC
Vents in back of laptop will get clogged by dust like lint in a dryer. You have the dismantle the entire laptop, including 50 screws and remove pretty much every component to clean... Read morePublished 11 months ago by Sean Chang
The only downside was ASUS customer support. I had an issue with the ethernet port, and it took FAR longer than it should have to get it fixed. Read more
Bought this in 2010 and it was a beast back then! Ran everything I threw at it on ultra. While I haven't booted it up in over a year, I took it on a trip with me (November 2014)... Read morePublished 20 months ago by C Pat
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.