- Brand Name: Nzxt
- Model Number: GAMA-001BK
- Item Package Quantity: 1
- Supported Motherboard: ATX
- Device Type: Cases
GAMMA Classic Series ATX Mid Tower Interior Steel Chassis (Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 6 fan capability ( one rear 120mm included )
- Black Interior
- Meshed front panel allows for more airflow
- Wire routing: motherboard punched holes allows for quick CPU bracket removable and optimal wire routing, turned HDD also helps with managing cables
- Pre-drilled water cooling holes on the back plate
- Front mounted USB, audio, and ESATA ports
- Support for external dual radiator at the top of the chassis
- High end graphics card support, the Gamma features space that is especially designed to fit longer 10." cards
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
For a full analysis of this box, search benchmarkreviews and gamma. They like it very much and that's what convinced me to give it a shot. I don't disagree with them, but I have a slightly difference perspective:
Let me say that my plans for this case are to build a file server. I like that it will hold several hard drives comfortably, and that they are designed so that a front intake fan will cool them. Because this will be on all of the time, I am going to use a low-ish power AMD chip (65 watts), and the dedicated graphics of a Gigabyte motherboard. I like the openness of the case as the heat won't be at all trapped inside the case and that will let me use few and slow fans, making minimal noise.
1) This is an inexpensive case, and the thickness of the metal reflects that: this is not a case that will take much physical abuse. To be fair, part of that is because it's a hugely 'open' case - loads of mesh, including left side, top, front, etc. That's either good or bad depending on your feelings on how to handle air/heat management.
2) This is a beautifully designed case, with features you'd never expect on an inexpensive mid-tower case, such as the all-black interior, eSata port on the front panel, mesh grills for the fans, etc. Also, since I'll be putting it on the floor, and sort of tucked away, I like that the front ports (USB, eSata, power, etc) are on an angled plane such that they are easier to access from above. The PSU is on the bottom of the case, so this could possibly be an issue in terms of the power cable reaching the motherboard, but I don't think it will be for any decent PSU.Read more ›
---> All black interior
---> Amazing cable management for the price
---> Up to 7 typical HDD Drive Bays, 5 tool less.
---> CPU cut out
---> Power Supply Removable and Washable Dust Filter at the bottom.
---> Amazing airflow POTENTIAL:
----- x1 120mm front fan
----- x1 80/90/120mm back fan (comes with the case)
----- x2 120mm/140mm top case fan
----- x2 80/90/120mm side panel fan (1 side only)
---> Build quality could be a little bit more sturdier specially the side panels. It is very hard to complain about it because of the 36 USD MSRP.
--->Fits a 5870 2GB Video Card (more or less 11 inches). You won't be able to use the upper normal HDD drive bays BUT you still have complete access with
--->For 36 U$D MSRP you it is an AMAZING case as far as features go.
It is one of the better, if not the best, cases out there if you simply and quickly want to throw in PC components at an affordable price.
we installed in this case went fine. The Case is very sturdy, has no sharp edges,
and has gobs of room for 140mm fans and 120mm Fans - not to mention ample
room for any motherboard. We are not fond of black that much (too difficult
to see details) but we had it painted White (professionally done). The only
con is the the front bezel has be removed (and it is no easy task) to install
a Front Fan which is really needed to keep the hard drives cool.
The case does not come with a power supply so we installed a 550 Watt
Thermaltake. This case has great cable and wiring accessibility and
the overall design is good - especially with the Power Supply being
located on the bottom (once again - not supplied). The front panel
has USB connections with audio plug ins, and 2 dim accented LED lights.
Also - the 2 top 120 to 140mm Fan make it impossible (virtually) to
install a 5.25 Optical drive on the top bay. We compensated that by
installing the 3.5 memory card reader using an adapter (5.25 to 3.5)
on the top bay and the optical drives on Bay 1 and 2. This case
does not have an external 3.5 external bay (another con), but regarding
the price,sturdiness, and good quality of the case, it deserves 5
stars. The Shipping was double-boxed, was professionally done,
and arrived undamaged and in a timely manner.
Daniel James Tyler (Danxo) The WJ Group
Second thing is the metal is a little thin. It gives a bit when I mount the fans for example, but again this is about as good you'll get with this price range so I'm not taking any stars away from the rating.
A very positive experience overall, I'll be looking for cases on Amazon and also from NZXT in the future.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The NZXT Gamma Classic may be an older case but comes with a lot of current features and it arrived a week before I was told it would arrive 5 Stars for this!!Published 7 months ago by John
This case is AWESOME! I upgraded my video card and my old case was not wide enough. This one fit even a fatty video card.Published 9 months ago by Murdolph
I did get these cases at a discount and for that I wont dock another star for the overall product. I do think for the orig. Read morePublished 10 months ago by Kris W
Cheap case, very very light which is nice if you move your tower around a lot, but the USB ports and audio Jack are junk and won't last a year.Published 11 months ago by K. F.
Okay for the price. Try to run any cables under the right side panel and it will bulge out.Published 15 months ago by S. Butcher
I bought this because it seemed like a great affordable option at the time. In all honesty, I wish I spent the extra money because I ended up getting what I paid for. Read morePublished 16 months ago by Amazon Customer
This is a fairly nice tower, but the front port panel doesn't stay clicked in to the front face, so every time I try to plug something in, it just pushes the port panel out. Read morePublished 18 months ago by Amazon Customer
It's crazy cheap, and therefore great for the price. Build quality is fairly poor, with some bending of graphics card brackets required when installing. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Luke Tanner
Can't go wrong with an nzxt case, especially not the Gamma! Room for an h100 (barely) and up to a sapphire r9 290 (have one in another rig, used to check fitting)
The second... Read more