Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Size: 1 Pack|Change

Showing 1-10 of 257 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 333 reviews
on May 23, 2016
These are my choice of pellets. They are accurate in my Gamo Whispersoft. I will purchase these and only these when needed. Highly recommend. These are just like a larger caliber bullet in that you have to sight your gun in with the ammo you are going to use. Most knew that but I thought I'd throw it out there. The only, and only complaint I would have would be that in a tin of 150, I had 14 that had lost their red tips. Maybe it was a batch made on Friday afternoon, : o ), I don't know? I'm still sticking with them.
on July 2, 2015
These things blow apart in anything .. Good weight but accuracy at 100' is about 5" fired out of my gamo 1200 big cat .. I did however take the time to drop a squirrel from 110' off a branch some 20' up and lucky me it hit dead nuts!! The squirrel took about 3 leaps of faith along with a 30' drop and eventual death in about 30 seconds
It was a shot in the ribs from the side approx 1" back from the shoulder and mid body !!
I never saw any blood but one q-tip sized red spot

I absolutely hate squirrels
on October 12, 2015
I have a Crosman Storm which loves these pellets. Air rifles are similar to 22LRs in that some of them are very picky about what ammo shoots the best in them. Price is not always an indicator of what actually will shoot the best, you just have to try them. However, I have a buddy who also has excellent accuracy with these in his Crosman as well. Between the two of us, we have tried about 12 different types of pellets in both rifles and the Red Fire shoots as well as and/or better than the rest.

That said, when you decide on trying different pellets, just buy one tin of each type at a time until you see what your air rifle likes the best.

We also have aftermarket triggers from Charlie Da Tuna which makes a HUGE accuracy improvement over the factory trigger. But, don't expect an inexpensive air rifle to shoot as accurately as a regular 22LR. or you will be disappointed.
on December 19, 2011
Shooting soda cans always seemed more fun than shooting paper but filling them with water and using the RED FIRE was explosive. No clean entry hole. The entry was actually blown outward. The back of the can was gone. Should really do a number on small game or pests. Accuracy was also good.
on May 24, 2017
These are usually great pellets, but my recent shipment was absolutely COVERED in a black oil.

I knew something was odd when I noticed I could hardly even see through the clear plastic 'window' of the storage tin. - Just removing one or two pellets and I had a thick, black oil all over my hands and fingers. Very strange.

I wasn't even comfortable with running these through my rifle. Returned for a refund.
on September 24, 2013
I use these out of a Ruger Blackhawk with a Vortek spring upgrade kit. They are a bit on the expensive side however I find that their terminal ballistics is unmatched compared to anything I've tried so far. I primarily use the rifle for small pest control, pidgeons and the like. I found that once I installed the spring upgrade kit, I had to change pellets as even Destroyers were passing through the targets with minimal deformation. There just wasn't enough of anything solid to make the pellet work properly. The destroyers I found to be an excellent pellet though I was after something which transferred it's energy into the target that little bit quicker. I still use destroyers on cats and such though.

I've probably gone through around 200 of these red fire pellets now and I can honestly say that the first shot 'fall out of the sky' drop dead rate has significantly increased. The Quality of the pellets is generally excellent though any fault mainly has to do with the concentricity of the poly tip. A few of these I've spotted with the tip a bit leaning a bit to one side. Nothing too drastic though as it seemed not to blow their accuracy out noticeably. I've only seen one or two out of around 200 pellets with dents or anything else immediately noticeable in the skirt.

Unlike some other air rifles, my Blackhawk is very tollerant of different pellets. While probably not as accurate as the Destroyers (there's a bee's dick difference), I'm still pulling 15mm groups at 10m. Yet my mate has a Crosman air rifle, and I find I can only achieve 25mm at best.

I can recommend these pellets for accuracy and damage to small game/pests out of any mid to high powered 4.5mm air rifle. I would recommend however, to buy a small amount only if you have never used these in your rifle as some can suffer accuracy loss simply from not being suited to the pellet.

My only problem now is I seem to have run out of pidgeons....
on May 20, 2017
12 y/o son says the red tip appears to mess with the accuracy, and doesn't allow much penetration. He's using Daisy Powerline (850? 880?) with scope.
on September 9, 2015
Recently purchased these for use when squirrel hunting using my Game WhisperFusion Pro. I wanted to see how they shot, so, I set up some paper targets at 25 yards. I used another brand of target pellet and was able to hold groups of less than 1 inch. When I switched to the Red Fire pellets, my shots were all over the place, making 3 and 4 inch groups from the same range and hold. I switched back to the original pellets and my groups immediately went back to less than 1 inch. I don't know what the problem is, but, these pellets do not fly straight.
on April 5, 2017
These pellets really make a difference in the accuracy of the rifle.
on December 5, 2013
They can be a better pellet, If Gamo would take the time to make each pellet more consistent. I bought 7 tins.... I found that some were grouping well then, 1 or two would fly. I am a engineer (optical) So I decided to do my own investigation on these pellets. looking thru the microscope I found that some were very smooth with no molding flaws while others had sever flaws almost like wings on the side of them, and at the speeds in which they travel that will be a problem, I also found that some of the points were loose also. over all I would pay the extra money for a better QC pellet. These are a knockoff of the predator polymag. You can do what I did and sift thru them or choose another pellet. The ones that I tested without the flaws group very well Dime@ 17yrds, with a Umarex Fusion