Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 701 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 748 reviews
on December 19, 2014
I’ve been using this product for atleast 3-4 years now so I really know how this product works. First of all the pink gatsby has very strong hold so when applying it tends to pull your hair a lot, if your spreading it with your palms so I suggest the majority of you with medium hair to use the finger tip technique to spread by “pulling” like how you pull flowers to spread the wax. This product is mainly for people with short to medium hair as the gatsby chart proclaims, which be seen here. This product is very good at defining hair spikes and because of that hair spray should not be used with this product it’ll would be redundant to do so.

After using this product you might notice this product is very hard to wash off and sometimes you might even notice hair starts falling off this is probably one of the worse things about gatsby pink because its so good hold its very hard to was off you might have to wash your hair at least quick to get rid of all the products. So one of the techniques that I’ve learned to deal with this problem is to either comb it while washing your hair or wash it first then use the hair straightener heat weakens this product to a point where it no longer provides hold. One more thing this products dries relatively fast so when you’re taking the wax you need make sure you close the container!
on January 15, 2014
I have fine hair (not thin, but fine) that ranges from wavy to curly on different parts of my head. My hair length ranges from very short on the sides to 2-3 inches long on top. Other products I've used include Sumotech from Bumble and Bumble, Alterna Hemp modeling clay, Alterna hair cement, Sebastian Crude Clay (original), and others. I chose this because others described it as having strong, lasting hold that isn't oily or flaky. I recognize that many of the people who like the Moving Rubber have different hair than mine, so I'm just sharing my experience, not disagreeing with theirs.

I found that it works very well when the air is dry, but when it's humid, or whenever I'm sweaty, it loses its hold and the hair is not reworkable. That said, I've found this to be true of every other hair product I've used (except those that rigidly lock hair in place, such as Got 2B Glue).

One tip: Gatsby Moving Rubber seems to work best with hair that is on the drier side of damp. It must be a little damp, or you can't distribute the product properly. But the hair is too wet, my hair becomes floppy and difficult to style. So towel dry your hair and then do something else for a couple minutes. Then use the Moving Rubber.
on July 18, 2014
My hair is 1-2 inches, extremely thick and I prefer the spiky look. Over the past year, I have been in search of the "perfect" hair creme/wax which provides the highest hold and a matte look. In short, there are lots of options that function very differently. To date, I have tried American Crew Fiber, D:fi D:sculpt, TIGI matte separation, Moving Rubber Spiky Edge, Moving Rubber Grunge Mat, Jonathan Dirt, Sticky Rice, TRENDStarter matte finishing wax and Eufora Hero. All of these options are priced in the same range (per oz) but each have a unique set of pros and cons. I'm still searching for the silver bullet (for my hair type and style). For Spiky Edge, here's the breakdown:

What's the "actual" hold like? Very bad, which is surprising given that Moving Rubber marks this at a 9/10 hold. In contrast, Grunge Mat is far, far stronger than this product (which Moving Rubber ranks as a 10/10). There's apparently a huge different between the 9 to 10 on this scale.

How easy is it to work into the hair? Very easy. This product has a thin, creamy texture that is very easy to spread into the hair.

How natural does the hair feel throughout the day? Very unnatural. Because this product is not very strong, you will need a lot of product to achieve a hold. In turn, you will get a lot of crunchiness and the "wet look" - effectively defeating the whole matte theme of the product.

Is the hold consistent? Partially. You will notice that the hold weakens throughout the day but you can counter by applying more product. I did notice that this particular product seems to lose it's hold much faster when you're exposed to moisture.

How much do you need to get a decent hold? A lot. This product should only be used for people with very short hair (<1 inch). If you do have very short hair, most of the above criteria will not matter in which case it actually is a solid contender.

Does it wash out easily? Yes.

How does it smell? Fantastic and very unique. I would describe it as milky and floral.

Please see my other reviews to compare against all of the above products. Overall, this is a great product. It's real life use, however, this product should only be for people with the shortest of hair (<1 inch). If you like this manufacturer and need more hold (for slightly longer hair), check out Grunge Mat. I would rate this 5 stars but, given I wouldn't call the "hold factor" a 9/10 (more like a 7/10), I'm docking by one star.
on May 23, 2017
Overview:
I came across this stuff by accident in the reviews for another hair styling product. It was cheap enough and well reviewed so I bought it on a whim and boy am I glad I did. The hold is fantastic all day and even into the next morning before I shower. The only thing with this is you need a very small amount and it's very easy to apply too much and have your hair feel greasy and weird. The amount will vary with everyone's hair, so you'll have to do some experimentation. My hair is between 2.5-3" at the front and I use this stuff to push that standing up. I only need to dip the pads of my pointer and ring fingers. I massage it into my hair like shampoo then style. Also you'll need to experiment with how wet/dry your hair should be when applying. For me personally, after showering and towel drying my hair I need to wait about an hour before putting this stuff in. That gives me the ideal hold to softness ratio. I use sulfate free shampoo and this washes to very easily. Other products I've used in the past didn't wash out properly with this shampoo. Last thing, other reviews mentioned it has a light scent of apples. To me it smells like hairspray with a tiny hint of apples hiding in the background. It's not a bad smell, it just seems artificial smelling and not nice like I was expecting.

Pros:
- good all day hold
- keeps hair decently soft feeling
- subtle smell that isn't overpowering
- washes out easily with sulfate free shampoo

Cons:
- it's tough to figure out the exact amount of product and hair wetness you need. It's not as forgiving as other products

Other thoughts:
- The weird thing is that after I've woken up in the morning, showered, put this in, gone to bed, and woken up the next day the hold is still great but my hair feels like there's absolutely nothing in it. I wish I could replicate this right after putting it in, but I haven't figured out that mac yet
- this may be a quirk with my own hair, but after applying it takes about an hour to look it's best. Initially I have to fix it a little then it settles down and holds
on August 15, 2017
These arrive melted, but a few hours in the fridge and they look fine...the product leaves a matte finish and removal can be a bit stubborn--a super-cleansing shampoo might be preferable--but the product is pliable, and your style can be changed throughout the day...the smell is not off-putting but is quite noticeable so be advised when using this wax...it won't clash badly with "green" scents, but warmer scents will not mix at all with this in your hair...I plan to try their other products as my hair is stick-straight and fine-shafted...be advised the "Moving Rubber" is not a product you can apply and use with a blow dryer to increase volume: it is is a pliable goo meant for spiky, edgy styles....the hair remains soft so if you want stiff spikes this isn't for you...I love it...were it not for the fragrance I would give it five stars...Highly recommended however!!
on December 26, 2016
I've gone through dozens of hair products, mostly ones that cost many times more than Gatsby, sometimes at the $40 range for the same size. But I always end up going back to Gatsby, it's easy to use, stays on well all day, and it's too greasy or shiny.

It works if I want to do a comb-over with my hair, a pompadour, even if I want to spike or just make some loose ends stay.

I've tried finding something better for the past 10 years but haven't found anything that straight up beats it and at this price, the pink Gatsby is a winner.
on March 3, 2017
It's my first time using a gatsby product but it's an excellent product. I usually have my hair in a sorta side slick back or undercut style. This is great for running through my hair and also washes out really really easily. I'm Asian so obviously take that into account but I find that this product doesn't do well at "holding" your hair in place throughout the day.

If you want a product that allows you to continuously mess with your hair and keep its place this is a good product. It allows me to have a natural look and not much shine to it.

When I do need my hair to stay in place throughout the whole day I think combining it with some hair spray at the roots of your hair works very well. This means the top of your hair has Gatsby while the roots are kept in place by hair spray so your hair still has that natural look. Also allows you to mess with your hair throughout the day but keep its shape.

I would recommend a wax or pomade if you're looking for a product with more hold and shine though. I expected more hold to this product but I'll give it 4/5 because I find that I'm using much more product for my hair compared to a wax.
on March 14, 2017
So this stuff's texture seems almost like a partially cured white glue. Goopy and sticky. It's hold is Amazing, but I also noticed it seems to "pull" my hair (And pulls my hair out a little, too) as I am styling, because it's "Holding" onto my hair so darn good! So you gotta be careful as you style with this stuff. You still need to work it like a pliable wax, or putty. It won't ever turn rock-hard like a gel, you can re-shape your hair and it'll hold. It's NOT waterproof (Nor sweatproof), and cannot take winds more than 30MPH. If you want more hold, then use a high-hold hair spray, with a 24-HR hold.
on December 21, 2016
Been using his product off and on for the past couple of years.l and for some reason I always come back to Gatsby for my hair styling needs!

I have thin hair compared to my race, and this product helps me keep up with em. Moving Rubber adds volume to my hair without adding weight, so my hair stays up and styled all day with no need to restyle.

Additionally, the scent of this product is amazing. It has an nice citrus note to it and isn't overwhelming when the wife is nearby.

Comparable products I've used is American Crew Fiber and Sexyhairs Hard Up. Gatsby narrowly wins the battle because it's super easy to wash out. An added bonus is that it's more cost effective online compared to in store.
on June 8, 2017
Great product, great Apple scent. This product is not as strong as the package says, if your hair is longer than two inches don't expect to leave the house without a little bit of hairspray to finish. But with a little spritz of hairspray, your hair is locked for 24hr. As for as the shine, you'll be able to tell that there is a little bit of prodcut in your hair, but then again if your hair is styled at all people will know you have product in your hair. But the shine isn't bad, in fact I would say it's a natural shine that you would get from the natural amount of oil in your hair with 2nd day hair.

Bottom line:
Would recommend for shorter hair; but this is NOT the perfect hair product.. for me anyways.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.