Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning whiteprincess whiteprincess whiteprincess  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 439 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 455 reviews
on May 19, 2015
This won't bother most and may seem insignificant, but I bought this set compared to others for the handle style. I much prefer the old school style handle coatings over the cheap plastic over-mold used on most today. I was surprised to find that the picture shown on this item is not the correct set of pliers. Please refer to the image attached for the ocrrect style or see GB's website:

Also as others mentioned the machining of the tip is not perfect. There is some slight misalignment of the crimping mating surfaces. That being said I don't think there is relay any performance loss or affect on its use at all. After all it is an $8 set of pliers.
review image
on May 9, 2016
I bought two of these, one for me and one for a buddy. We're both electricians with 20+ yrs experience. We're both partial to Klein tools, and have always thought of GB as a generic wanna be...

But this crimper is better than just about every pair I've used, even those that cost 3× as much.

The jaws are about 3/8" thick, so it grabs the whole barrel of a spade connector and holds it square all the way through the squeeze - not something every crimper can say.

There are multiple crimps and a cutter at the end of the jaw.

I'm really impressed with these $8.00 crimpers. Oh, by the way...a 2-pack costs more than buying two individually. I don't get that
on September 24, 2014
I would give these 10 stars if I could!!!!

I'm no electrician, just a weekend warrior who loves working on his cars. My latest project is my jeep, and I've been hooking up auxiliary lighting, making a fuse and relay box etc.

I've used A TON of crimp on terminals. For the longest time I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. I was using some of those all in one stripped/crimper/cutters you get at your local store. I could never get a good crimp. The connectors were falling off after a day or two.

Then I found these bad boys as a suggested item for me. Let me say I haven't had even 1 bad crimp after purchasing these!! Every crimp is rock solid and leaves me feeling good about the connection. They are built very well, no problems with them not being angled right as others have said. I can't believe I went so long without these!
Someone said they aren't good because the crimping surface is so wide. I have used these on several different size/types of crimp connectors and haven't run into any issues. The surface is very wide, but it provides a solid crimp and I haven't damaged any terminals or wires.

The best part is the price! Why buy anything more expensive? These are all you will ever need. Even if I somehow manage to break them which I seriously doubt, I will buy another one in a heartbeat.
on May 15, 2017
Using it to crimp some Anderson Powerpole type terminals. Works well for these (12 gauge size). First you crimp and then you use the all-round opening to bend the crimp back to a perfect round shape so it fits the connector. Much cheaper than the real deal tool for these.
If I did a ton of these, I would probably go for the official tool, but I only do them occasionally, this is perfect for my needs.
on September 9, 2013
I use this for a lot of auto wiring jobs especially on truck/suv brake control systems. I was really impressed with the heavy duty and sturdiness of the wire cutters after multiple uses but you really have to squeeze the crap out of the handles to make sure the crimping has sealed the wire inside the butt connectors, so either have incredible hulk grip or if you have some arthritis in your hands..i suggest going out in town testing one and then buying it.
on August 9, 2014
I discovered that the length of the crimp is too long and too much of the terminal is crushed when crimping. This is most undesirable when crimping butt connectors as the entire length of a standard 14-22 AWG butt connector will be crushed and thus will not allow the opposing conductor to be inserted.
I purchased a more suitable Southwire TCC9D Terminal Crimper Cutter (a Klien Tools 1005 clone) locally at Lowes and this clumsy device is going to be returned to Amazon ASAP.
on March 1, 2017
I used these to punch down some wire tubes with clips for an arcade build. They take a little effort to get a snug fit, but once you get in a groove, it's easy to work these crimpers.
on January 25, 2016
It is a PRC (mainland) Chinese made product and the finish, unfortunately, is not as nice as my other US or Taiwan (Chinese) made tools. However, the set I received had jaws that are lined up and with proper spacing to properly crimp the various wire connector I'm using in my HVAC class and home repair tasks. The length and balance fits my hand and I'm liking it. It is long enough to give me the leverage to put "good" crimps on connectors. I'm finding I'm using this more than my Ideal crimper, a much nicer and more expensive crimper, because the Ideal is a bit long to maneuver.

Unlike my Ideal brand crimper, it does not have markings identifying the gauge wire for each of the slots. You just need test crimp some connectors to see which works best for the size you are crimping.

I don't use the cutting function of this tool unless my wire cutting tool is not nearby. When I need to cut wire, it cuts ok. Although, not as clean as my Klein wire stripper/cutter or Greenlee diagonals.

If you want nicer finished tool, get the Klein, Greenlee, or Ideal brand. Do expect to pay twice to three time more for those other tools.
on March 20, 2015
The crimping slots are out of alignment. Will have to return.
review image
on December 3, 2013
I couldn't find any of my three other tools as I must be very disorganized. I read other reviews that said that the nub on the crimper was misaligned as is mine. I thought that alignment issue was small so when I crimped I made sure that the nub was lined up with the slight gap in the connector. Gave the tool a good squeeze and got a great crimp. as opposed to others I found the greater thickness of the tool a plus. in awkward places I have been known to crimp the plastic sleeve on a crimp connector and have to toss the old one. With this little beauty that is not an issue.

When I misplace this I will buy another with no second thoughts.