Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Style: Signal Repeater|Change

Showing 1-10 of 445 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 504 reviews
on October 12, 2013
I purchased this unit with the door/window sensor and also the garage sensor. I get busy during the day and frequently forget to close doors. So the hope would be that this would help remind me. For the first week or two, I was very pleased. I also liked the audio alarm on/off option if I wasn't home. Then things started to act funny. First the window/door sensor for my shed would flash even though the door was closed and locked. I would open and close the door and usually the flashing would stop and be fine for a few days. One morning I woke to see both the garage door sensor and window/door sensor flashing very rapidly. Neither one had been opened or disturbed. Once again I reset the doors and again for a few days it was fine. Now it's flashing fast again. Again nothing has been disturbed. About an hour after the sun beat down on the window/door sensor, it stopped flashing completely yet the garage sensor continued to flash rapidly.

For what I thought would be a simple way to monitor two areas turned out to be too many false alarms and not trust-worthy. It's well outside the Amazon return window so I'm stuck however, I would strongly recommend that you NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. I am very handy, an Amateur Radio Operator and felt this would be a simple fix. It is now a coffee table amusement item and not to be trusted for security.

I rate this one (1) star.
on January 4, 2017
The system works perfectly for my needs. I basically use it as a "Door Ajar" alert system for my home (Front/Back/Garage doors). It works flawlessly and really easy to set up, despite what other wrote in reviews about this device. If you can follow simple instructions, you should be able to install in no time flat--if you go the double sided tape route.

After we accidently left the front door and garage door open all day long, I order this perfect solution in a heartbeat!
on October 4, 2013
So, you have a walk out basement and teenagers? You can't lock them in (fire hazard). So a wireless "security" system was the only answer.

This thing work AS DESCRIBED. It has 3 alarm zones and 1 alert zone---perfect---all I need to do was put sensors on the doors and windows downstairs on the Alert Zone---beeps when you open it (vs a high pitch alarm). Now, our bedroom is on the first floor so that helps (major complaint seems to be lack of signal)--buy the repeater if needed and put it on the 1st floor if your room is on the 2nd floor.

Easy to set up--plenty of YouTube videos. Did 1 door and 3 windows for <<$100 (bought additional sensors from Home Depot).

Great product. Works. Easy to install. 5 stars.
on March 4, 2012
Just bought the system using the 45142 Wireless Alarm System Control Center, 45132 Motion Sensor, 45131 Wireless Door/Window Sensors, 45144 GE Keychain Transmitter Remote and 45136 Choice-Alert Wireless Alarm Siren. The system performed OK but there were a few minor issues that I would like to share. In reading the reviews, I read that battery replacement was a problem considering the Door/Window sensors are installed with double sided tape. This prompted me to use 'velcro tape' to mount these sensors instead of the enclosed double sided tape. This will permit easy removal enabling the battery replacement without the problem of tearing the double sided tape off the door. You will also find there is a learning curve to the removal of the back of the Door/Window Sensors, it is difficult. Lastly, I found the Door/Window Sensor needed an adapter (which I made) when attaching to the door. This is needed due to the door gap and/or location of the magnet on the door jam. This adapter is helpful in maintaining the required 1/2 inch or less gap. The adapter should be the size of the Door/Window Sensor plus an extra 1/2 inch in width. The adapter attaches to the top of the door, (using the double sided tape)so that it bridges over the gap from the door jam. You then attach the Door/Window Sensor to the adapter as close to the magnet as possible. Keep in mind, use the 'velcro' when attaching the Door/Window Sensor to the adapter. I found this to be a good solution the the battery replacement problem.
Since the 45142 Control Center has no provision for wall mounting, use the 'Velcro tape" here as well.
on October 4, 2012
First the distance is not 150 feet. It is about 20 feet and should be direct site and the antenna is at a certain position. Do not call GE because there is no tech support. I filed a complain with Department of Corporation for false advertisement. If you put the control center in garage you will not hear it. I have a steel garage door and it made a few holes because of trial and error.
I am adding this review: The 20 feet is not very consistent--sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't-- I had to put it right next to the garage motor for it to be reliable. I definitely cannot hear it inside our house.
Update: With the repeater installed, this device does not receive the signal from sensor half of the time. Too bad i lost the packaging, and i cannnot return them. Completely unreliable.
on June 14, 2010
this motion detector works really well at detecting any movement but then doesn't set off the alarm for about 30 seconds, all the while beeping as if to give an intruder directions to the home unit so he can destroy it before the alarm actually sounds. the time between activation of the motion detector and the alarm needs to be shortened.
on November 20, 2015
Hi..GE has probably made these Alarm systems for 30-40 years...I like this system...It is simple to operate..It is affordable..The alarm is loud.It is easy to set up...It is great...GE is a large manufacturer..They probably made these alarms for 30=40 years..Outstanding..
on January 9, 2015
This is my second control center that I purchased for notification-only of one exterior gate and my old original control center still works perfectly. We have a two story house and I want to be notified when the gate opens, but I can't hear the upstairs control center chime when I am downstairs. So I purchased another control center for downstairs and tried to program both control centers to respond to the same gate sensor. For reception insurance, I purchased the signal repeater and placed it in-between both control centers, so signal strength is not an issue. Unfortunately, when both control centers are active and the gate opens, both freeze up and neither one works.
I wish I had the ability to hear the gate notification in all areas of the house.
I was able to use 2 control centers with the Chamberlain Wireless Motion Alert system but no luck with the GE system.
on March 14, 2017
I returned it. Even though I lowered the volume completely, it was still too loud. And sound button of on/off didn't work.
on October 18, 2011
I am more than happy with the GE 45142 Wireless security system. Set up was easy. Built in siren is loud, additional external siren is extremely loud. I also recommend ordering the Silent Alert to mount outside the home so you can tell if some scumbag has been in, or presently inside the residence.

Don't let the low price fool you, this system delivers what you need. Just push in your code, tap the arm buttom, lock and load your bedside firearm and sleep peacefully.