|Item Weight||7.7 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||2.1 x 2.3 x 4 inches|
|Item model number||28169|
|Size||6.20in. x 4.60in. x 2.60in.|
|Style||Switch | 1 Outlet|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Type of Bulb||N/A|
|Number Of Holes||1|
|Usage||Indoor use only|
|Included Components||1 plug in smart switch|
|Warranty Description||2-Year Limited Warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
GE Z-Wave Plus On/Off Plug-In Smart Switch, 1 Grounded Outlet, Control Lighting & Appliances, Built-in Repeater & Range Extender, Zwave Hub Required- Works with SmartThings Wink and Alexa, 28169
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- ALEXA COMPATIBLE - REQUIRES AN ALEXA SUPPORTED HUB for voice control with Echo Products (Alexa device and hub sold separately). CANNOT connect directly with ECHO PLUS (Only ZigBee products can connect directly to Echo Plus).
- Requires a Z-Wave certified gateway. Compatible with the following Z-Wave certified Hubs: SmartThings, Wink, ADT Pulse, Trane, Vivint, Nexia, Honeywell, HomeSeer, Harmony Home Hub Extender, Vera, Connect and Iris.
- Wirelessly schedule and control any lamp or small appliance from anywhere, at any time with any mobile device.
- Control and schedule from anywhere, at any time with a smartphone, tablet, PC or Z-Wave remote.
- Space-efficient design does not block second outlet or obstruct furniture placement.
Add Alexa for voice control
Why does this item need a hub?
A hub is a device this item needs in order to communicate with Alexa devices.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Transform any home into a smart home with the plug-in GE Z-Wave Plug-In Smart Switch 500S Single Plug. Featuring one wirelessly controlled grounded outlet, this provides ultimate flexibility for your home lighting by creating custom scenes and scheduling timed events when you're either home or away. Take control of your home lighting with smart lighting controls.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
****Updated review: after a month with this device I have figured out the issue and solved it. I had this device at the end of a long extension cord, with my pond pump plugged into it until I can get my underground line in. By moving the device to the outlet, and plugging the extension cord into it that goes to the pump the problem is solved. This device doesnt play well with the voltage drop from the long extension cord (50'). I havent had an issue with disconnects in 9 days. Changed my rating to 4 stars.
Same thing with Alexa, she tells me it's currently not available.
There's only the one button for manual on/off, and to pair with your hub. But it's confusing as each time I press it, it will just turn on and off. A third press (to pair) would just turn it back on again??
I'm going to try adding a Zwave Plus smart outlet somewhere nearby, to see if that will improve the range. I will update my review later.