GE Cordless 5.8 GHz Digital 28031EE3 Phone with 3 Handsets, Caller ID and Digital Answering System
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Call-Waiting Caller ID with 40 name and number memory
- Digital answering system with 3 mailboxes allows callers to leave separate messages for individuals
- Triple handset system - only one phone jack needed
- Handset speakerphone provides convenient hands-free communication
- Expandable up to 4 handsets
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
5.8 GHZ Digital Triple Handset Cordless Speakerphone, Digital Answerer
From the Manufacturer
5.8 GHz Digital 28031EE3
When it comes to secure transmissions, our 5.8 GHz line of digital cordless phones offers one of the highest conversation privacy levels available today. 5.8 GHz phones feature optimal performance for clarity, range and security. The less-trafficked 5.8 GHz frequency takes communication to the next level, with reduced interference from other devices. With sleek new designs and such advanced features as handset speakerphones, melody ring tones, downloadable wallpapers for color displays, recordable ring tones, picture caller id and VIP rings, 5.8 digital phones offer the best technology, the coolest styles and the most desired features.
- Digital Answering System with 3 Mailboxes: Allows callers to leave separate messages for individuals. Permits users to check only their personal messages without having to go through all messages.
- Call Waiting/caller ID with 40 name and number memory: Display shows name and number of incoming call even when you are on the phone with another caller. Memory holds information for the latest 40 calls.
- Three Handset System: Only one phone jack needed. Other handsets can be placed in rooms without phone jacks
- Expandable up to 4 handsets: Use up to 4 handsets with base system and place in multiple rooms. Just plug extra handsets into power outlets. Only 1 phone jack needed.
- Handset Speakerphone: Provides convenience of hands-free communications.
- Melody Ringtones: Customize individual handsets with a choice of unique melody ringtones.
- VIP Ring Tones: Assign your favorite ring tones to family and friends. Allows specific ring tone to be attached to specific numbers stored in memory. When that number calls, the selected ring tone is played.
Top customer reviews
A couple nice features:
PAGING: you can page any of the other handsets from your current handset. This comes in handy when the wife needs something and can just page me instead of coming down to the basement to find me.
MONITORING: you can monitor any of the handsets remotely from another handset. Just press a button and you'll be listening in on whatever is nearby the handset of your choice.
TALKING ON MULTIPLE PHONES: contrary to a previous poster, you CAN talk on multiple phones at the same time. Perhaps they were thinking of another model, because we talk to our parents on two of the phones at once quite frequently.
ANSWERING MACHINE: We haven't messed with this much, but there are 3 separate mailboxes and you have the ability to check messages through the handsets as well as the base. We haven't had a need for this, but I can see where it could come in handy.
I'm not sure why this phone has received such mediocre reviews. I've been very satisfied with it overall. If you need long range, perhaps you should look at other options. If you're not as concerned with the range and want a solid, nice-looking phone with good features, this is the one.
This product has three mailboxes, each of which is connected to its own light on the base unit when there is a message in it. These lights (actually, more like individual parts of a circle) flash when there is a new message and there is a display of how many messages total there are on the base unit. You can leave yourself voice memos in any of the mail boxes.
The message quality itself is average - a little tinny but not bad. The default announcer's voice is female, robotic, and slightly annoying. You have the ability to record two outgoing messages and easily switch back and forth between them - nice for the holidays, for example.
The handsets are lightweight but slightly awkward ergonomically. You can name and choose from several different ring tones for each handset in order to distinguish them. As noted, there is a paging function that works best if the phones are all on the same floor. The product comes with three handsets and you can add another if you would like.
One feature we really like is the intercom function, which is easy to operate and makes communicating from different parts of the house much more fluid. There is also a function that allows you to monitor sound in any room there is a phone, which could be useful if you have small children... or for other purposes that are beyond the scope of this review.
I've only had the phones for about a month but in that time we haven't had any problems. Reception is good all over the house despite a wireless router, Bluetooth devices, microwave, etc. Pretty happy with the product so far.