Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: GE JP328SKSS 30 Electric Cooktop - Stainless Steel
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

on May 11, 2013
It is getting increasingly difficult to find a electric cooktop that is not a smooth top unit. My ancient cooktop quit working, so I bought and installed this one which my wife likes much better than the old one. We haven't noticed any more heat around the coil areas than the old unit had; yes, within an inch or two of the coil it is very hot, but I think that is to be expected. We haven't noticed any undue flexing of the unit. The knobs give a much wider range than our old stove that had pushbuttons, so can control the heat much better. It cleans up easy enough.

Installation was pretty straight forward, other than some retrofitting that I had to do as the old unit was some odd size a little larger than this--not the fault of this unit. I imagine that someone halfway handy with tools and knowledgeable enough on electrical wiring could replace an existing cooktop in one to two hours. I think I did our install in about four hours and that was with making the counter hole smaller so the unit wouldn't fall through and a trip to the hardware store to get some wire nuts.
on March 1, 2012
Installed over granite without issue, drilled a hole from a burner well wall horizontally onto next plywood panel that hold granite. Nail to avoid cooktop moving. Compare to previous glass top, this model heats up quicker and there is no clean up nightmare each time after glass top cooking. Use a tall pot to avoid accidental spill over. Finally relieved from the glass top nightmare !
on May 7, 2012
The cooktop came from a participant with Amazon. Delivery was prompt and as advertised. Installation by electrician was routine with no problems and at reasonable charge ($80). All the burners cook very well and the controls are accuratea and easy to adjust. I would rate the performance as 5 of 5 stars and the stainless steel cooktop as 3 of 5 stars. Its not exactly stainless and easy to keep good looking, but it is highly functional. Overall satisfaction very good.
on August 11, 2014
This is a sturdy product that looks good, and performs as expected.
It was installed easily, two of us did it in about 45 minutes with no problems.
We have had it now for over a year.
Do read the instructions on how to take out the coils etc for cleaning.
If you don't take them out correctly, you will bend them, which is why some people say the coils slant or are unstable.
I had no idea how to remove them before I read the instructions.
I have had no problems at all with unstable coils, so do read the instructions about that.
on October 22, 2011
I am very pleased with this item. It came well packed and was easy for my handy man to install. I would buy other items such as this on Amazon.com.
on January 22, 2016
I bought this for my mom and she says she loves it. It works really well, was super easy to install, and was a great price. It even comes with covers for the burners so you can protect the burners you aren't using from any spills which I thought was a great touch!
on December 29, 2013
I ordered wrong size and notified vendor. They would only take it back if I exchanged it for the correct size, minus a restocking fee and I covered shipping. They would not give me the price of the correct 36" one AND would not say if it was in stock or not. In other words, I would ship it back at my cost and trust they would give me a comparable value on the correct stove top. I requested they pick it up, charge the restocking fee, and credit my Visa for the purchase and then I would decide if I wanted to purchase through them again. They refused. I ended up selling the cooktop for a $120 loss to a private party on Craigslist and purchased the correct sized stovetop from Sears at their mall location. The listing for the product above does not say 30" in the title - just 30 - and the technical specs say 36 twice and not the 30" dimensions. I should have read further down the page but didn't. On the search bar, if you enter 36" stovetop, this is the top returned result AND the wrong size. My mistake, but the listing could have been much clearer. Bottom line, the vendor provided poor customer service and would not accept a return for the refund unless I paid over $100 in restocking fee and shipping.
on November 2, 2014
I had what seemed like the identical stove in almond finish, although it was 19 years old. We remodeled the kitchen and decided to go with a stainless steel finish. I expected similar performance as the old one, unfortunately it seems that every setting is about four notches hotter. So the low power is a lot like the medium power and the only low power is the "1" setting. So if you're making something that requires low heat you'd better be careful or you'll burn it. I hope that as it ages it will mellow a bit.
on February 23, 2015
Excellent range top... obviously not top of the line, but we'll made with complete directions and parts. Good buy for the money and I recommend it. I, however, feel that the description should be more thorough on the item description page... maybe something describing the wiring better. Just a thought.
on April 12, 2014
I am satisfied with this product, however, upon the first use, the stove under the drip bowls and the drip bowls had something on them,(probably during production) that was impossible to remove! It is a yellow stain... Hoping it will burn off, because it will not come off otherwise... I suggest maybe cleaning drip bowls before use!