Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 254 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 262 reviews
VINE VOICEon April 26, 2012
If you have always-on DSL (Digital Subscriber Line) Internet service with a DSL modem and are reading this, you probably already a DSL filter on your phone line. Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) should have already provided them, but they can sometimes slip up, or you may have added a new phone and plugged it into the jack without thinking about it. Keeping it simple, this GE DSL Phone Line Filter can help cure a number of phone ills. If you have a wireless modem used to connect a new notebook computer or Kindle Fire and are running into interrupted connections, chances are that you either don't have one of these on one of your phones, or (and this isn't common) your old one has konked out.

You should install a DSL filters on:

* Standard Telephones
* Modems and phones sharing the same jack (phone side only)
* Connected phone devices such as answering machines and Fax machines

Do not install DSL filters on:

* Modems
* Empty phone jacks

Installing a DSL filter on your modem will interferes with your high-speed Internet service, so just don't do it. They go on the phone lines only. Just install it into your standard RJ11 phone jack, then plug the phone wire into the DSL filter. You'll see that it's even labeled on the filter itself... it couldn't be easier.

If your phone line is hissing and crackling and your DSL Internet connection becomes intermittent, this is the first step to curing the problem. If you install one of these and still have the problem, chances are that your outside phone service box has issues, such as corrosion on the lines, and in that case you may have to call your service technician.

This may be the most inexpensive way to cure the problems listed above, so don't overlook the obvious, when it may be simple to correct.

4/26/2012
0Comment| 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 9, 2015
My DSL modem supposedly has a filter built into it but I was getting internet disconnections any time someone picked up the phone. It was momentary, but just enough to be noticeable. Contacted my ISP who assured me I did not need this since my phone is plugged directly into my DSL model and that modem's phone port has filtering built right in. They wanted to schedule a home visit, and let me know if they determined there to be a wiring problem in the house then it was on me to pay for the work.

I figured for ~$5 this was worth a try, and I'm glad to have made that gamble. It works great, I've not had any issues with phone/internet inerference since attaching this to my phone line. I would recommend anyone experiencing similar issues give it a try! Worked for me!
on October 5, 2015
Yay, worked great, cleared up the static on our phone line. Too bad the phone company had to quit furnishing these necessary items to their DSL: customers, so much for their customer service. This item was available, shipped quickly, received it fast and best of all, it works. Price is acceptable. Saw the recommendation to replace these regularly as they do wear out.
on November 29, 2012
i needed a filter for my fax in order for it to function properly but my cable provider told me that it was not something they provided. So i went online and found a very reasonably priced filter that works great. yay :)
on March 24, 2011
I've had DSL for a while, and recently connected a phone to an old jack in my bedroom. This jack has ancient wiring, and when the reception on an old corless phone I plugged in was very staticy and inconsistent I initially attributed it to wiring. Around this time my wireless DSL started "disconnecting" randomly. I researched the issue and discoverd that a filter is required on all phone lines and that that was likely the cause of the static as well. I had tried several phones and finally bought an old corded wall phone. We this affordable little gizmo solved all of my problems. The bedroom phone is now crystal clear and my wireless internet no longer disconnects randomly. Problem solved. If your looking for something to solve a similar problem, this is your gizmo.
on May 3, 2017
Works Great, no more noise on the phone. Cheap and easy.
on June 11, 2014
If you have problems in your household (restricted to using DSL whether that be by choice or no other alternatives) where your internet is slow, or wi-fi getting disconnected when the landline phone rings, this is what you'll need. Most internet and phone providers will give this to you already, but in the event that they don't, or the technicians themselves don't know how to install it, definitely get one of these. This brand is more expensive than many others offered, but positive that all should work fine regardless of brand name.
on September 23, 2015
Performs as it is supposed to.
on May 23, 2012
Works as intended so I do not need to power off or pull the plug out from a power strip, fast shipping too.
on June 27, 2016
Ordered a new phone set and I was having issues with clarity and static on the new phone lines. I did some research and discovered that using a phone line filter may rectify the situation. I ordered this item and it helped tremendously.