Lyft Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy Thor: Ragnarok available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

VINE VOICEon April 26, 2012
If you have always-on DSL (Digital Subscriber Line) Internet service with a DSL modem and are reading this, you probably already a DSL filter on your phone line. Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) should have already provided them, but they can sometimes slip up, or you may have added a new phone and plugged it into the jack without thinking about it. Keeping it simple, this GE DSL Phone Line Filter can help cure a number of phone ills. If you have a wireless modem used to connect a new notebook computer or Kindle Fire and are running into interrupted connections, chances are that you either don't have one of these on one of your phones, or (and this isn't common) your old one has konked out.

You should install a DSL filters on:

* Standard Telephones
* Modems and phones sharing the same jack (phone side only)
* Connected phone devices such as answering machines and Fax machines

Do not install DSL filters on:

* Modems
* Empty phone jacks

Installing a DSL filter on your modem will interferes with your high-speed Internet service, so just don't do it. They go on the phone lines only. Just install it into your standard RJ11 phone jack, then plug the phone wire into the DSL filter. You'll see that it's even labeled on the filter itself... it couldn't be easier.

If your phone line is hissing and crackling and your DSL Internet connection becomes intermittent, this is the first step to curing the problem. If you install one of these and still have the problem, chances are that your outside phone service box has issues, such as corrosion on the lines, and in that case you may have to call your service technician.

This may be the most inexpensive way to cure the problems listed above, so don't overlook the obvious, when it may be simple to correct.

4/26/2012
0Comment| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 29, 2012
i needed a filter for my fax in order for it to function properly but my cable provider told me that it was not something they provided. So i went online and found a very reasonably priced filter that works great. yay :)
on March 23, 2015
This turned my unusable message machine into a usable one. I had changed to a dsl phone service which doesn't have its own answering system. I bought an answering machine and hooked it up. Without the connector, it was full of static and very annoying. Now it works perfectly. An inexpensive and easy fix.
on August 22, 2017
What I needed
on October 28, 2017
Works great!
on May 3, 2017
Works Great, no more noise on the phone. Cheap and easy.
on August 4, 2017
Still get interference
on August 11, 2017
I installed it , nut it didn't solve the problem I was having.
on March 24, 2011
I've had DSL for a while, and recently connected a phone to an old jack in my bedroom. This jack has ancient wiring, and when the reception on an old corless phone I plugged in was very staticy and inconsistent I initially attributed it to wiring. Around this time my wireless DSL started "disconnecting" randomly. I researched the issue and discoverd that a filter is required on all phone lines and that that was likely the cause of the static as well. I had tried several phones and finally bought an old corded wall phone. We this affordable little gizmo solved all of my problems. The bedroom phone is now crystal clear and my wireless internet no longer disconnects randomly. Problem solved. If your looking for something to solve a similar problem, this is your gizmo.
0Comment| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 5, 2013
Installed phones in the basement, garage and bedroom so needed three more filters. Was going to order from the phone company but after seeing the good reviews on line and the price of other filters, decided to try these. Has been about a month since installing and no problems.