|Screen Size||17 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080 pixels|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920*1080 pixels|
|Processor||2.6 GHz Intel Core i7|
|RAM||16 GB DDR4-SDRAM|
|Memory Speed||2133 MHz|
|Hard Drive||128 GB SSD; HDD|
|Graphics Coprocessor||NVIDIA GeForce GTX960M 4GB GDDR5|
|Chipset Brand||NVIDIA GeForce|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||4096 MB|
|Wireless Type||802.11 A/C|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||2|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||3|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||5 hours|
ASUS ROG GL752VW-DH74 17-Inch Gaming Laptop, Discrete GPU GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB VRAM, 16GB DDR4, 1 TB, 128 GB SSD (ROG Metallic)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Powerful 6th-generation Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz. 16 GB DDR4 RAM. 128 GB M.2 SSD + 1TB 7200RPM HDD.
- 17.3 inch Matte FHD display. 1920 by 1080 resolutions. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB VRAM gaming graphic card
- GameFirst III technology prioritizes the flow of the game data across your network. Gigabit Dual-Band 802.11AC ultra-fast Wi-Fi
- Feature the latest USB3.1 Type-C port for more convenient connectivity options. Dual band
- Ergonomically-designed keys with 1.8mm of key travel, gives you responsive keystrokes when typing and entering commands; The slide-off upgrade panel offers instant access, fit an M.2 SSD, a bigger hard drive or more memory
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the manufacturer
16GB DDR4 RAM
The ROG GL752 features a whopping 16GB of ultra-fast DDR4 RAM providing more headroom for superior multitasking and gaming performance.
Strengthened, Seamless One-Piece Keyboard
The GL752’s keyboard is reinforced with nearly 100 solder points for durability and a solid feel. It features red-backlit keys with 1.8 mm of key travel. The specifically-designed WASD keys will help you anchor your hands when you’re ready to game.
Ultra-fast m.2 PCIe SSD* and 1TB HDD
The best of both worlds: the GL752 utilizes the fastest SSD* for the Operating System while also providing a large 1TB HDD for all your file storage needs.
*SSD available on GL752VW-DH74 model only.
Even though the ROG GL752VW is equipped with well-balanced high performance gaming components, when it’s time to replace the memory or storage we made it as painless as possible.
Audio Excellence with SonicMaster and AudioWizard
GL752VW pumps out rich, crystal-clear high-fidelity audio with exclusive SonicMaster technology, while the accompanying ROG AudioWizard provides up five presets tailor-made for popular game genres — immersing you in game worlds like never before.
ASUS GameFirst III Technology Reduces Lag
GameFirst III technology prioritizes the flow of game data across your network. Gaming is smoother, and lag is banished — so your frags are always put first.
Compare to similar items
This item ASUS ROG GL752VW-DH74 17-Inch Gaming Laptop, Discrete GPU GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB VRAM, 16GB DDR4, 1 TB, 128 GB SSD (ROG Metallic)
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Olive Branch Enterprises||Worldwide Tech||Amazon.com||Issaquah Highlands Tech||Amazon.com|
|RAM Size||16 GB||16 GB||16 GB||16 GB||24 GB||16 GB|
|Processor (CPU) Manufacturer||Intel||Intel||Intel||Intel||Intel||Intel|
|Processor Speed||2.6 GHz||2.8 GHz||2.6 GHz||2.8 GHz||2.6 GHz||2.8 GHz|
|Display Resolution Maximum||1920*1080 pixels||1920x1080 pixels||1920*1080 pixels||1920 x 1080 pixels||—||1920 x 1080 pixels|
|Screen Size||17 in||17.3 in||15.6 in||15.6 in||17.3 in||17.3 in|
|Hard-Drive Size||128 GB||1,000 GB||128 GB||—||256 GB||1,000 GB|
|Item Dimensions||16.3 x 10.6 x 1.3 in||16.3 x 10.7 x 1.2 in||15.1 x 10.1 x 1.3 in||10.47 x 15.35 x 1.05 in||1.5 x 16.4 x 12.7 in||11 x 16.5 x 1 in|
|Item Weight||6.6 lbs||6.6 lbs||5.6 lbs||5.95 lbs||9.55 lbs||6.5 lbs|
|Operating System||Windows 10||Windows 10||Windows 10||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10||Windows 10 Home|
|RAM Type||GDDR5||Unknown||GDDR5||DDR DRAM||DDR SDRAM||Unknown|
|Wireless Compatibility||802.11 A/C||802.11 A/C||802.11 A/C||802.11 A/C||—||—|
ASUS ROG GL752VW-DH74 17.3" IPS FHD (19201080), matte, Gaming Laptop, Metallic, Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6GHz (Turbo up to 3.5GHz) Skylake, 16GB DDR4 (2133MHZ), 1TB 7200RPM + 128GB mSATA3 SSD, NVIDIA GTX960M 4GB GDDR5, DL DVDRW/CD-RW, 802.11AC, Bluetooth 4.0, Windows 10 (bit).
Top customer reviews
1. Incredible looks
2. Super fast without solid state drives
3. Minimal "bloatware." It comes with McAfee on it. I'm a Panda guy so I dumped it.
4.16 gigs of 2133 DDR4 RAM---ridiculously powerful
5. The 960 handles anything 99.9% of the public would ever throw at it flawlessly.
6. The matte screen resists glare, big time
7. The images are vivid and accurate in color, depth and variation
8. The sound is clear and good, not perfect. Laptops are like HD tv's, speakers are their weak link.
9. Windows 10 will have to go through several updates, same on any system.
10. The keyboard is lit-up red, not gaudy; very elegant. Red is the only color option, that's ROG's color.
11. The keys are very firm and responsive, great feel to them.
12. More ports than again most of the public would ever need.
13. It's "deadly silent" while in use.
14. ROG's software allows full monitoring of the system. The interface is so simple to follow and read.
15. Full 2 year warranty, register it with pride.
I cannot say this louder, if you got $1000 to drop on a laptop; there is no better unit out there for that price. Is it cheap, no. Is it worth it, to me; a total no-brain'r; Yes.
✓ Remarkably fast hardware, namely the DDR4 Ram and 6th Generation i7 Quad Core CPU.
✓ More USB ports (3.1, 3.0, 2.0) than most will ever hope to require, a BIG plus in my book.
✓ Vivid and eye-capturing display.
✓ Stylish, red backlit keyboard with 3 levels of brightness.
✓ Asus Smart Gestures makes using your trackpad almost preferable to a mouse! Customizable and does lots of cool stuff.
✓ Sleek design which fits in my 18" laptop bag with room to spare.
x Comes pre-installed with LOTS of bloatware, which requires a good solid hour to remove entirely.
x Windows 10 by default tracks nearly all of your activity and sends it to unnamed 3rd parties. This also takes a solid hour to disable / defeat.
x Battery life of 3-5 hours, depending on use.
Neutral - Some quirks I've noticed:
* Keyboard layout is EXTREMELY tight and efficient.
* Function keys are mapped for convenience, but a few perform useless functions (for me, at least) such as "Presentation Mode".
* All USB, audio jack, etc connections are extremely snug and tight. I like it, personally.
Personally, I use this computer for video-editing and rendering, as it has a top-notch mobile CPU and GPU. It serves my needs well, is quite fast and efficient, and certainly would excel at rendering modern flashy video games on medium-high settings.
#### PRO'S ####
You get a big nice display. Great for gaming, but not as much color accurate work, which i'm suffering from since i'm a graphics designer.
Decent but not fantastic specs.
Decent keyboard 7/10 (Of course you'll have to get used to the arrow keys and numpad moving the keys slightly)
7200 rpm HDD is very bearable. Just depends on the software and games you're trying to load. If you have cash left over get a SSD.
You get what you pay for.
#### CON'S ####
Battery is almost only useful as a backup power supply. So do not rely on this battery. It's terrible but it's a given for how big of screen you get.
A little to heavy. This thing is huge. And it's weight backs up its size.
Unused CD Drive. I don't use cd's very often so this is a huge compromise of space, I sometimes do when my internet falter but not enough for a permanent replacement of battery space.
TL;DR (Too long, didn't read.)
I think it's up to chance if you get faulty software or not. From the reviews and my personal purchase they seem to differ here and there. But it's a good gaming and less color demanding work machine. It is NOT meant to be mobile, do NOT buy this laptop for such things as college use. Overall my purchase was fantastic. This concludes this wall of text.
My final rating; 10/10.
Most recent customer reviews
As a college student, I needed a laptop both for school and for fun. I spent almost $1000 for it. It was a little expensive.Read more
Use the money and just buy a desktop, it will save you hours of headaches and frustration. I think not even a year later my HDD is dying.Read more
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.