Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on March 25, 2012
I was looking for a screen protector that was:
A. Not too expensive
B. Anti-glare
C. Able to fit on my kindle

After much deliberation, I purchased this product, as it fit all of these categories.

The first time I purchased it, I received a product that was NOT ANTI-GLARE.
Although it was a perfect fit for my kindle, the glare pretty much killed it for my reading experience, up to the point that it hurt my eyes, and so I was basically forced to remove it.

However, after reading the reviews again, I decided to purchase it one more time from a different seller, to see if it would be any different.
It certainly was. This time, the product was actually anti-glare, and you would not be able to differentiate the screen protector from the actual screen. I was extremely impressed!

The reason why I removed one star though, was a minor problem with the size of the anti-glare screen. It was not perfectly cut, so it did not perfectly fit the screen. Nevertheless, it still fit most of the screen and I am happy to be able to use this product!

SIDE-NOTE: This product should also work with Kindle Touch. I have both the Kindle 3 and Kindle Touch, and with the extra screen protectors, I placed one on the Kindle Touch, and no problems with anything!

EDIT: Those who want to know the anti-glare seller, please see comments.
on December 12, 2014
Had product for 2 years and the first one I put on my Kindle is still holding up nicely--no flaying or upturned edges--still smoothly stuck to the screen. The material is similar to the Kindle screen, so it blends well onto the device and gives it a matte finish. (Not shiny like phone screens or phone protectors.)

Like another reviewer mentioned, mine was purchased from SF Planet so it was actually Anti-Glare. Though if you're reading directly in the sun without a shadow to cover your screen, you won't be able to read since Kindle 3 was not made with a back-light, so like a regular book's pages (as it mimics) it will be obscured and you won't be able to read. I'm guessing the anti-glare feature is not for protecting against direct sunlight but for reflections off sunlight (like phone screens that hit ANY light would reflect and glare).

I was dissatisfied with the not-so-perfect cut as well (as many people have mentioned), since when I put it flushed against the top and left side, there is about 1mm space on the right and the bottom. Buuuuuuuut I realize that it was probably designed this way so that the space can let the user remove it without hassle. The Kindle screen DOES have an inset, so if the product was an exact cut, it'd be hard to remove since the Kindle border would get in the way.

I actually didn't have a hard time applying the product. Just made sure to wipe/clean my Kindle of any residue/dust beforehand, then followed the instructions of peeling slowly from the top. I did make sure to use the edge of my library card (any card of similar sturdiness should do--credit card, gift card, student id etc) to press down from the top so there wouldn't be bubbles as I peeled my way down.
on June 29, 2013
This item I was not so pleased with. In theory the protectors sound good but in application they fail. I have tried with 2 of the 3 screen protectors, unsuccessfully, to place them on my Kindle without bubbles or a collection of tiny particles of dirt. There is still glare on the screen even when the anti glare protectors are applied.
on January 15, 2012
Applying screen protectors just requires patience, a clean area to work and a credit card or other stiff card. I would give this product 5 stars if they altered the instructions a little... start by only peeling back the #1 plastic backing an inch from the corner. Then align that exposed corners to one corner of the screen, but be sure to properly line up the long edge. Then, from that corner, use a credit card or other stiff card to slowly work out from that corner. Be sure to lift back the screen protector to help get rid of any air bubbles. The product works. How well it is applied has to do with you. Good luck!
on August 14, 2014
Love how it fit and went on my Kindle
on September 10, 2012
Great as an additional protection on top of having a kindle case. The only issue I had was the screen protector application. Maybe I'm just not good at it yet. Right now I have some bubbles, but this was so cheap, I don't even mind. It came with about 3. So when I'm tired of seeing the bubbles, I'll give it another go, and try to apply another screen protector without the bubbles. Wish me luck. Good buy!
on November 11, 2012
They fit the Kindle just fine but as much as I tried, I could not get all of the air bubbles from under them and it made it very hard to read.
on October 21, 2013
The protector is excellent. Easy to apply, proof against fingerprints, reduce the glare (it makes your shiny screen mat) although under certain view angles and depending of light it's worse than without screen protector, most of the time it's better.
on December 28, 2016
awesome
on November 27, 2013
I ordered anti glare and 3 pieces of crystal clear came.. returns not an option for me as it will make the screen protectors more expensive.

By the way, pasting crystal clear on my kindle makes reading too uncomfortable.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.