- Series: Kaplan Test Prep
- Paperback: 1188 pages
- Publisher: Kaplan Publishing; Pap/Psc edition (June 7, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1506203213
- ISBN-13: 978-1506203218
- Product Dimensions: 8.4 x 1.9 x 10.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.8 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 112 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #112,772 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
GMAT Premier 2017 with 6 Practice Tests: Online + Book + Videos + Mobile (Kaplan Test Prep) Pap/Psc Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Author
Be sure to visit our author page to kept up-to-date on events, videos, and new blog posts that can be helpful during your GMAT Prep. --This text refers to the Digital edition.
About the Author
For almost 80 years, Kaplan Test Prep (www.kaptest.com) has been helping students grow their knowledge, skills and confidence so they can be their best on Test Day. Our prep books and online resources provide the expert guidance that students need at every step of their educational journey – incorporating years of test-specific data and strategies tested by Kaplan students and our own expert psychometricians.
After helping millions of students, we know what works. Our guides deliver knowledge with clarity and simplicity while focusing on the specialized strategies that keep test-takers ahead of the clock and at the top of their game.
We offer preparation for more than 90 standardized tests – including entrance exams for secondary school, college, and graduate school, as well as professional licensing exams for attorneys, physicians, and nurses.
With a full array of self-paced and live online courses, as well as print books and mobile apps, you can use Kaplan to study on your own schedule and at your own speed. Kaplan’s private tutors and admissions consultants supplement those offerings with one-on-one support.
Top customer reviews
~~~ THE GOOD: ~~~
* Quite a few practice questions
* Solid material with proven Math and Verbal strategies as well as formulas/etc background
* 49 pages covering Integrated Reasoning
* 6 Full GMAT Tests (5 are in adaptive CAT format on the online and 1 is in a paper format in the book)
* Online practice with additional exercises and quizzes - 18 online drills
* Much of general info on gmat has been moved into online video format, called Fast Fact Videos; that helps with learning when you have had too much reading for the day
* Great value for the money with 6 Full GMAT tests, practice questions, and many online Quizzes
* Good amount of coverage for the INTEGRATED REASONING.
~~~ THE BAD: ~~~
* Errors - I have spotted a few typos and issues with explanations; I suspect there may be a few more
* Access to the online components expires after 6 months. This is the only reason to buy a new book vs used
* NO CD/DVD - online content only for Tests
* Does not have the depth and width a 700+ score requires
* 1,100 Pages and 6 LBS! - not a travel size book
~~~ OTHER STUDY OPTIONS & BOOKS ~~~
Many applicants, bypass Kaplan Premier completely and head straight for the more specialized books such as the Manhattan GMAT Set of 8 Strategy Guides, Fourth Edition OR Complete GMAT Course Set - 15 Book. These book sets come with 8-15 books that are targeting specific Math and Verbal areas. You have a much better chance getting a 700+ with those book sets (not guaranteed) but they also do require at least 2.5-3 months to cover them. The MGMAT Books come with 6 adaptive online tests. Veritas Prep books come with tests as well BUT only if you purchase from their website (Ugh) Finally, a book you should also now about is the The Official Guide for GMAT Review, 13th Edition (more on that is below)
~~~ SOME OTHER THOUGHTS: ~~~
* What is a good study plan using Kaplan Premier?
My recommendation would be to start with this book, finish it in about a month or so (by this time you will learn all the basics about the test, how it works, what is tested, and general strategies for answering questions). Then, you an figure out what's the best use of your time - you may have reached your target score and can stop or perhaps you are really lacking in Quant or Verbal and need a lot more serious practice.
* Will this book give me 700+ score?
For the majority of applicants, No. It is not deep enough for most people out of college to refresh the math and verbal fundamentals. You will most likely need other books to help you get there.
* How do I get 700 then?
There are several options:
1. Review each section separately using the Kaplan GMAT Math Workbook and Kaplan GMAT Verbal Workbook
2. Thorough/Methodical review of each area - If you have a bit more time, grab the Manhattan GMAT Set of 8 Strategy Guides, Fifth Edition OR Complete GMAT Course Set by Veritas - 15 Book. These books are excellent and are actually used in the classroom setting for their classes, so you are definitely get the top books. If you dont need/want the entire collection, see my review for what stand-alone books to get. This plan is likely to get you a higher score with this section but it will also take up more time (about a month more). Decide on the approach based on your starting position, target score, time you have, and willingness to study math and grammar for months without a break.
* Any other books I need to know about?
YES. There is one - The Official Guide for GMAT Review, 13th Edition. This book is published by the creators of GMAT and contains real GMAT questions. You should also download the Official GMAT Prep software from GMAC's website (it's free).
* What if I have trouble getting through this book? Where can I find help?
There are several books that can help you get up to speed with quant and grammar:
1. For Quantitative section: Manhattan GMAT Foundations of GMAT Math
2. For Verbal Section: Foundations of GMAT Verbal by Manhattan GMAT
Let me know if you have any questions about the book - I reply to comments!
BB, GMAT 750 (q49, v42)
Kaplan teaches you how to take the test. This book is worth it for the practice tests alone.