Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "GNARBOX - Portable Backup & Editing System for Any..." and save 15% off the $299.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
GNARBOX - Portable Backup & Editing System for Any Camera, 128GB
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compatible with Action Cameras, DSLRs, and Drones. GNARBOX is compatible with Android and iOS phones and tablets. It does not work with Windows based mobile devices
- Currently, tablet applications are not optimized or customized. Back up 128GB of footage at up to 4GB/min to the GNARBOX, then auto-organize your footage by date and camera. Edit and share 4K videos and RAW photos from mobile phone or tablet
- Intel Quad-Core CPU and HD graphics GPU
- 4GB per minute backup via USB3, SD, microSD
- 128GB internal flash storage or connect your external drive
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
How it Works
1. Plug in your camera's card
With SD, microSD and USB3.0 you can backup any of your cards to the GNARBOX or a connected HDD or SSD.
2. Connect to the GNARBOX WiFi
GNARBOX uses a 2.4ghz 802.11n wireless signal to give you powerful streaming up to 40 feet away.
3. Open the App
With free apps in both the Google Play and App Store you can download new updates, add new features and find all of the tools you need to backup, edit and share your content.
- Edit 4K video
- Manage RAW photos
- Backup at 4GB/min
- Rugged and compact
- Great For Travel
- Android & iOS
- SD, microSD, USB3.0
- Quad Core CPU
- 2GB RAM
- 128GB FLASH
Works with any Action Camera, Drone, DSLR or Mirrorless Camera to backup, edit, and sync files across devices. GNARBOX preserves the fidelity of your RAW images and 4K videos.
Seamless User Experience
Intuitive editing makes it easy and fast for any creator to stitch full resolution video into a reel of your best moments. Works with iOS and Android mobile phones and tablets.
Share & Collaborate
Connect up to multiple devices to share and collaborate with friends, upload in full resolution to social media, and connect to your computer. Plug in your external drives for redundant backups.
- Seamless editing interface.
- RAW photo color correcting tools.
- 4k & high framerate compatible.
- iOS & Android applications.
- Hardware accelerated 4k video editing.
- Safe & secure file storage.
- Shock, Dust and Water resistant.
- 4-6 hour battery life.
- 4GB/min to 128GB of Flash storage.
- USB3.0, microSD, & SD ports.
- Connect to your computer or external drive.
- Upload quickly to and from your phone.
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion|
|Battery Weight||70.8 grams|
|Effective Still Resolution||0 MP|
|External Memory Included||No|
|Item Dimensions||1 x 3.4 x 5.3 inches|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||14.8 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||3.7 Volts|
|Lithium Battery Weight||70.8 grams|
|Shipping Weight||0.22 pounds|
|Style Name||128 GB|
|Total USB 3.0 Ports||2|
|Weather Resistance||Water Resistant, Shockproof, Dustproof|
GNARBOX is a portable backup & editing system for any camera, allowing you to backup, edit and share your footage anywhere via phone app. USB3.0, microSD and SD ports allow you to connect any camera to quickly access and manage your content. Connect an external SD/HD for additional space. GNARBOX is rugged - shockproof, dustproof and ready for your adventure. Never lose your best moments again. GNARBOX has a 4000mAh battery, so you can use it for 4-6 hours on a single charge. Run out of juice? Recharge using micros. Here's how it works: Back up 128GB of footage at up to 4GB/min to the GNARBOX, then auto-organize your footage by time, type, GPS and relevant metadata tagging. Open the GNARBOX app on your phone to start editing instantly, from 4K video to .RAW photo. Create highlight reels on the go with full creative control. Upload your media and share it with the world from the convenience of your phone. GNARBOX lets you upload in full resolution directly to your phone in 720p, 1080p, 2.7K and 4K.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Great field backup device, best I have ever used. I simply back up my memory cards to it and view all images on my ipad, RAW images work perfect... You can even do minor edits like to your photos. Save them back to your ipad and post them when you have wifi or use a cell connection on your phone. 4K videos play back smooth, again you can do minor edits, even color correct them now.
The device seems water resistant when the doors are closed and it is light and compact enough. Pairing with an Ipad mini or iphone 7+ is perfect. It does heat up but really not issue as there is no physical connection. Battery last about 2-3 hours depending on what i'm doing. Certainly long enough to view what i shot and make a keeper shot list.
The last update stated they are working on iphone images backups, nice but not really what I bought it for.
The Bad/ or needs software fixing
****SOFTWARE UPGRADES you need a cell connection, I hate this one, no way to do it over wifi, also no wifi pass through.. My ipad has no cell service**** this needs to be fixed first
- image rotation needs finer controls
- applying luts would be nice...or some sort of general CC that can be applied to multiple images
- navigation through images is cumbersome, it goes by type, date then you get the grid index of images, when you select a single images you cannot go back to the grid....
- curves tool or at least histogram with levels needed
- the entire interface seems like a beta, very poor scaling and not intuitive like some other ipad image editing apps
- One minor grip would be some way to store the cable on the device, i use tape now... My lacie backup drives have this makes travel easier knowing you didn't forget the cable
Over all I like it. It plays back everything I throw at it with smooth speed. With some interface polish and wifi passthrough this will get 5 stars in my book. Great Job!!!!
I went out on a limb and purchased the Gnarbox based on a few reputable online reviews and it has quickly become an integral part of my photography and video kit allowing me to leave my laptop at home for most jobs. It's intuitive to use and built like a tank and the one time I needed help support was quick to respond. I'm heading out on the road for 2 weeks tomorrow and my Gnarbox is already packed. I would give this product 6 stars if i could. Keep up the great work Gnarbox!
The GNARBOX burned my thumb significantly as I picked it up and moved it from my coffee table to my computer desk. After taking care of my burn, I decided to run temperature tests because I couldn’t believe how hot this thing became. I used a thermocouple to read the temperature from the device, and it’s easily in the 131+F. This is simply unacceptable, and frankly irresponsible for the company (GnarBox) to release a handheld portable product that reaches this temperature. For the record, the only task the GNARBOX was completing at the time was transfer pictures from the SD Card to the Internal Memory.
Beyond the scolding issues, the functionality of the Gnarbox is significantly limited. We are in essence paying to beta test their product, a product that lacks even the most basic video and photo editing functions (like sharpness adjustments or noise reduction.) Additionally, since the internal software is so limited, you’d think they would allow you to export to Lightroom or Seedbox, sadly this is not possible.
You are much better off buying the MyPassport Wireless Pro 4TB, and using Lightroom, Seedbox, or what ever app you use to edit your photos/videos.
- high quality
- Rugged feel
- Well made
- Took ~30 minutes to learn
- Works great with GoPro
- No laptops on family trips
- Backup to hard drive
- really Fast updates
- Good support
- Sometimes need to reset
- Gets hot
- a bit of a Learning curve on software