BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 3, 2014
Sometimes my wife and I are not able to sleep at the same time. I looked at some very expensive wireless headphones, but settled on this little contraption. First of all, now I can listen to the TV on my bluetooth headphones. Secondly, I love this when I have to travel. I'm constantly yanking my headphones out of the jack on the plane. Now I plug this in, and poof! I no longer have a wire from my head to the seat. It's awesome! Particularly on international flights, it's nice to be able to move around while still listening to the movie or music.

I have been able to pair this device in seconds with my headphones. I haven't tried anything else.
on August 5, 2017
Since I ordered this to practice playing silently, I was wondering if there was a delay when I purchased this, but didn't see one specified. I hoped for the best, and was wrong. There's a delay, about 1/4 - 1/2 second. Since it is digital, I would expect some delay, but this is excessive for what I wanted to use it for. Do not use if you're trying to do any time sensitive audio (playing an instrument, such as an electric guitar, bass guitar, electronic piano/keyboard, gaming, etc.)
Another -but minor- annoyance, is the USB charger is not a standard USB cable on both ends. On the device end, it is a barrel plug. So you can't use your other standard USB cables to charge this, you need the one that ships with it.

Returned.

If you want to watch TV through this, where you can adjust video delay to match audio delay, it'd be just fine. If you're streaming music, or playing recorded audio, then you won't even notice. If you have a headphone jack on your TV and want to stream it to blue tooth headphones, this is probably exactly what you want.
on March 6, 2017
This tiny device is a wonderful solution for devices which don't broadcast bluetooth (TVs, receivers, etc.). I ended up buying a second one for another room because the first one was so satisfying. I can now have either TV playing at a good volume without bothering my wife when she's asleep. I've paired them with different brands of headphones and the bluetooth range and connectivity are great (I get the best audio using Go Groove's Airband headphones).
The battery quality is totally satisfactory, but after contacting Go Groove to make sure I wasn't going to damage the device, I now leave the bedroom transmitter plugged in all the time and that arrangement has worked fine for a couple of years now.
on March 11, 2013
I first ordered the adapter instead of the transmitter, which turns a receiver into a bluetooth receiver. I wanted this one instead, so I finally ordered it.

It works fine if I keep the same bluetooth headset. I tried to use a different headset to try it out, and it switched to the other one without much trouble, but it had a little trouble switching back- it took multiple tries for them to link...I am not sure why.

A great feature would be to allow multiple headsets to remain linked, and possibly even to use more than one at a time.

Anyway, the sound quality is very good, and other than when we switched, there are no connection troubles.

We plugged the USB power cord into the TV's powered USB port so we will never have to charge it. It is on only when the TV is on, so it won't be charging all the time.

Our next purchase will be more comfortable BT headphones.
on January 8, 2013
I just got this today, and it works great. I paired it with an iKross IKBT19 2 in 1 Bluetooth stereo receiver adapter to send sound from my TV, or Sansa Fuze MP3 player, or laptop, or any audio source, to my earbuds, or car stereo, or home stereo, or self-powered computer speakers. I had a little trouble at first getting it to pair up, but kept trying until I got it right. It's always going to be little tricky to pair up two BT devices that have no displays or menus to tell you what is going on. After charging up the Gogroove transmitter, simply hold down the only button until the LED flashes alternately red and blue. The instructions say to turn on your bluetooth receiver first. After no pairing the first couple of tries, I realized that the iKross BT receiver was already paired with my Nexus 7 tablet. So I entered the Bluetooth settings screen on the Nexus 7 and unpaired the iKross. After that it quickly paired up with the Gogroove transmitter.

If you use the transmitter while powered from the USB connector, and then you disconnect the power cord and then reconnect it, it restarts the transmitter, and you may have to pair it again with the receiver. Anyway, I got the hang of it and it works great. Stereo and sound quality is good to my old ears.
on January 6, 2015
This is quite an interesting little product. Does it work as advertised? Absolutely, and in caps. But the most interesting aspect took me a couple weeks to realize.

Once this device is paired with a bluetooth headset [or earbuds!!!] this is all you need.

You do not need to "re-pair" all the time, even if the device you are using has BT available.

All you need is the micro-port to plug it in and voila! Magic.

Just a nice addition to life that eliminates hastle, and the time involved, of pairing all the time to a new device.
on April 11, 2015
I use this primarily with my home stereo system as a blue tooth transmitter. I have a pair of BT Sennheiser headphones that I use them with. Was pretty easy to set up. One drawback is everytime I would power down the system, I would have to reestablish the BT connection the next time I powered up. Not that big a deal, but you should be aware of it if you are buying these.

The range on them was OK. As long as I was within range, I had solid sound/connection. But the range was not great. Maybe 25 feet, but if you were in another room, it decreased sharply. I had a Miccus transmitter prior to this one and that one had excellent range. However the Micus died on me within about four months of having it, so I got this one instead.

Since the Micus had died after only four months, I decided to try this one since it had a 3 year warranty. The range wasn't as good, but I figured if it lasted longer, I was OK with that tradeoff. Well it did last longer, but only by two months. It lasted about six months and now it is dead. We'll see if they stand behind their warranty. If so, I'll update this review. For now, it only gets one star - mainly based on I would expect the product to last longer.
on April 19, 2015
Finally, technology to replace the Jensen Linx. You probably have to be over 50 to even have a possibility to know what a Jensen Linx was but in its prime, it was an awesome tool to hook up to any TV, and then have a small transmitter that you carry (clip) on to your shirt/belt, and attach any headset you want. I've used ear buds for probably the last decade or so. Well, Jensen quit making these wireless transmitters many years ago, but thanks to Ebay, I've been able to still buy these. I have two sets. One I use when I'm exercising, and the other in the living room. The best thing about the Linx is that I can walk all over the house....even down to garage, and never lose sound/signal.

I can't find Jensen Linx anymore and all good things must end, but with new technology, other options present themselves and it is just a matter of digging in and learning, or winging it, which is what I seem to do, but it works.

I used to travel with my Linx, but it was quite cumbersome. Whether you are on a cruise ship or hotel, I don't like to have my TV loud because I'm very sensitive to that obnoxious bad habit of so many travelers. No, I don't want to hear your TV over our conversation, music, TV, etc.

The only thing that doesn't seem to be as good is that it doesn't work through walls....certainly not when I go into garage (like my Linx does). But the hookup was effortless, the pairing occurred automatically, and within seconds, I was listening to my TV (music channel) and the music had sounded better and more crisp than it had in years!

My friend tried tirelessly to pair her GoGroove to her TV, but has to return it because she can't get it to work. Might be because she has a Sound Bar, but I'm not sure. But I'm thinking of buying another one for travel. Although I may spend a little more and get one that doesn't need to be charged. I almost bought that one first, but thought I'd try this one first.

Love it!
on December 1, 2014
Good to convert HDTV audio out to bluetooth so I can use bluetooth earphones to listen. My HDTV has the two RCA-type audio out connections. The GOgroove includes an adapter in the box to connect between those and the single audio plug at the GOgroove. The GOgroove also needs to be charged from a USB charger - the charging cable is included, but not a USB charger. I dedicate one charger to this setup, plugging in the GOgroove while I'm using it, then switching the charger to recharge the bluetooth earphones between uses.

I'm using the bluetooth earphones for riding a bicycle on a stationary trainer while watching TV. That is much better than turning up the TV volume due to the noise of the trainer, and fan. I'm 10-15 feet from the TV while watching and the bluetooth connection is fine. I make the wireless connection each day by depressing the buttons on the GoGroove and the earphone receiver for several seconds. That gives audio at the earphones without other fiddling.

There is no volume control on my HDTV audio out, and the GoGroove doesn't have it either. So volume control must be done by the bluetooth receiver at the earphones.

To receive bluetooth at the earphones, I am using a Jumbl bluetooth receiver to convert my old wired earphones to bluetooth. My review of the Jumbl is here: http://www.amazon.com/review/R96N17KPHVWSS/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm
on September 7, 2013
I've always wanted to watch TV while working out on my treadmill but not bother my neighbors with the booming bass and sound.
With this amazing device, I paired it with LG Electronics HBS-700W Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail Packaging - White/Orange because it has a volume control on the headphones and is wireless, AmazonBasics Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable, 6 Feet, and Orei DA21 Optical SPDIF/Coaxial Digital to RCA L/R Analog Audio Converter with 3.5mm Jack Support Headphone/Speaker Outputs and can now watch TV on my treadmill through my headphones!

Here's how you do it:
1. Connect the digital optical audio cable from your TV to the OREI DA21 Audio Converter's "input".
2. In the "output", plug in your GOgroove BlueSense TRM Wireless A2DP Bluetooth Transmitter / Adapter for Mp3 Players , Tablets , Laptops , Desktops , Home Theater & More!
3. Now take out your LG headphones w/ attached volume control. Pare the device by pressing the phone button & GoGroove's paring button together for about 5-10 seconds.
4. You are now connected! You can walk about the room with your headphones on, listen to the TV (put it on mute if the TV still makes sound)!

Great for late night gaming, working out, or when you are watching a movie while your partner is watching something on his/her laptop in the same room.