GRAYL Ultralight Water Purifier [+ Filter] Bottle
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- COMPACT: 16 oz. purifier bottle makes safe, clean drinking water from virtually any freshwater source
- FAST AND EASY-TO-USE - Ideal for international travelers, hikers, and emergency prep kits
- REMOVES WATERBORNE PATHOGENS (e.g. Hepatitis A, Norovirus, Rotavirus); Bacteria (e.g. E. coli, Salmonella, Cholera); and Protozoan Cysts (e.g. Giardia, Cryptosporidium)
- AWARD WINNING [OnePress] design — Just Fill from any sketchy freshwater source, then Press on a low surface (e.g. ground), then Drink safe water, anywhere
- FILTERS particulates (e.g. sediment, silt), many chemicals (e.g. chlorine, benzene) and heavy metals (e.g. lead, arsenic); zero aftertaste, eliminates bad odors, improves clarity and flavor
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Purify Water Anywhere!
Purification + Filtration -- Safe Water for Any Adventure
- International Travel: The GRAYL Ultralight Purifier is the ultimate travel companion where water isn't safe. The Purifier fits in standard backpack side pockets and passes through airport security in your carry-on.
- Outdoor Adventures: Whether your passion takes you into the high alpine forests, fly fishing on a gentle stream or just on a hike in your nearest state park, GRAYL makes safe, clean water easy. Don't worry about bacteria or protozoa - or nasty chemicals that may be leaking out of that abandoned mine upstream!
- Emergency Preparation: Hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes (oh my). When disaster hits, municipal water systems are the first to go down. Be prepared! Each GRAYL purifier comes equipped with a replaceable purifier cartridge that lasts for about 40gal (150L), enough for 2-3 months of drinking water. Replacement Cartridges can extend the life of your purifier indefinitely!
Fast, Compact and Easy to Use
Just Fill. Press. Drink.
Our simple, powerful, patented design allows you to use your body weight for mechanical advantage. GRAYL makes safe water virtually effortless. Nothing could be simpler - no pumps and hoses, no sucking and squeezing, no batteries or bulbs and absolutely no chemicals!
Makes 16oz (500ml) of safe, clean water in just 15 seconds so you hydrate and can keep moving! No need for a separate bottle, no need to lie on your stomach and suck. Just Fill. Press. Drink.
GRAYL purifiers are light and compact so you'll definitely make room for them during your next adventure. They fit in any backpack side pocket for easy access. Cleaning and storage is easy, so your purifier will be ready for your next adventure!
And GRAYL stands behind each Purifier we sell.
Trusted Purification Technology
We take the health of our customers very seriously. Each production run is tested at an independent, third-party laboratory for effectiveness against bacteria, protozoa and virus.
- Technology #1 - Two layers of non-woven ceramic fiber, which provide a rugged and durable base.
- Technology #2 - Positively charged mesh of ions (aka - little magnets) that grab onto impurities as they flow by, using a scientific property known as 'ion exchange'. The positive ions in the media bind to negative charges on pathogens and chemicals. The impurities stay inside the cartridge and clean water flows through!
- Technology #3 - Activated Carbon absorbs flavor/odor and many chemicals and heavy metals, so your water safe and tastes great.
Built for harsh environments: Purifier cartridges contain two layers of this media, to enhance impurity removal and to provide a second layer of protection during your adventures.
Safe Water for Any Adventure
Trusted by adventurers, travelers and preppers
Unlike mere water filters, which only remove bacteria and protozoa, GRAYL Purifiers add protection against virus, plus many chemicals and heavy metals.
GRAYL is a proud member of 1% for the Planet.
We'll donate 1% from your purchase to environmental nonprofits.
Thanks for helping us make a difference.
International travelers throw away millions of single-use plastic bottles every day, very few of which are ever recycled.
Each Replacement Purifier Cartridge displaces 300 single-use plastic bottles.
Compare with similar items
GRAYL Ultralight Replacement Purifier Cartridge
Potable Aqua Germicidal Water Purification Tablets - 50 Count Twin Pack
MSR TrailShot Pocket-Sized Water Filter for Hiking, Camping, Travel, and Emergency Preparedness
SteriPEN ULT-MP-EF SterPen Ultra UV Water Purifier
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Size||16 oz (473 ml)||Single Unit||Twin Pack||—||Small|
Color: Alpine White
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I wouldn't recommend the GRAYL even for light use, not at that price. My initial investment in the GRAYL turned out to be about $2.00/liter. I don't plan on spending the $25.00 for a replacement filter. $1.00 for a liter of water is still way too expensive. I'd return it it back to Amazon for a refund, but the 90-day return period expired before the hike, and I haven't found out how to claim a refund directly from Grayl.
Things I like: the non-slip rubber o-ring at the bottom of the bottle, the tall "lip" of the inner bottle to minimize the chance that your mouth comes into contact with the potentially contaminated outer bottle, the clear rubber o-ring built into the top, which helps prevent leaks.
Things I don't like: It would have been nice to have a flip top like many travel mugs have. An older model had this feature. Also, I wish there was a stainless steel version available which I could use with near boiling water (which is how many restaurants or vendors serve water in Asia). Again, an older version had this, but it's not available for sale now. Understandably, steel dents but you could surround it with a plastic outer layer.
Overall: I'm very satisfied with this product. I will buy 1 or 2 more for my parents when they visit Southeast Asia later this year.
Top international reviews
Second time out, after only approx. 15 fills from a high mountain stream (something I'd have been happy to drink from if boiled) it was taking over a minute to filter, with an enormous amount of effort to press down.
Excuse/reason given by Grayl was 'water high in tannins' or 'water high in heavy metals'...well it definitely isn't heavy metal, but pretty much all water from a stream or lake is likely to have at least some tannins present...so what use is a filter that purports to filter pretty much everything out of your dirty water, if it clogs after less than 10 litres of water have passed through it? At £25 per filter, that's damned expensive water!!
To their credit, they have agreed to send a replacement filter if the drying out process suggested doesn't work...but if it blocks so readily again I will be returning this as unfit for purpose.
The filtered water tastes great and it’s so simple to use. I’ve recommended it to all my colleagues
Have to note that some water does stay at the bottom of the outer cylinder unfortunately, which bothers me, so I often filter, then take out the inner tube and pour out the extra water, and then push the inner tube back in.
+Simple to use.
-Only about 150 liters/filter
I like it!
It's simple to use and quick to filter.
If you treck or camp a couple of times a year then its perfect.