YED MagazinestoInspire Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save nav_sap_shop_all_hm_cal Shop now Book House Cleaning SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now NYNN

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). Show all reviews
on October 29, 2011
Had to include a review for this item because the Amazon review isn't that clear, and for baseball fans i'd say this is a fantastic deal. First, it does not address for sure if all the games (35 of them!)are complete - i haven't gone thru all the games, but it appears that all of them are. this is not just a highlight reel. the games are selected from the 1930's thru the 1960's. A fabulous bonus is that there are several Vin Scully broadcasts of Dodger games from the 50's and 60's! He's still the Dodger broadcaster today. Another thing that i was iffy about before the purchase was the sound quality - i've come across a few that aren't that great, but more of them are quite clear, to the point that they seem like a current game on the radio, only the names are Koufax, Mays, Mantle and Jackie Robinson! The one downer is that it seems that Babe Ruth is not actually on the DVD-Rom. He was on the roster for the 1934 Yankees, but it looks like he did not play in the game included for 1934. He may be mentioned in the broadcast - baseballreference.com is a great source so you can look at boxscores of the games you're listening to. All in all, i've found this to be a fabulous deal for 4 bucks plus ship, so highly recommended for anyone who enjoys listening to games on the radio.
on July 22, 2012
I thought that if this package was anything near what they describe, it would be awesome....and it is. I highly recommend this if you are a baseball geek. What were Goose Goslin's habits in the batters box? What was the main difference between the 34 Cardinals and the 34 Tigers that won't show up in box scores? You learn all these facts you could never learn otherwise except from listening to the actual games.

The quality of the audio varies, and a few of the 30s games take some more engaged listening, as it sounds like they're transferred from scratchy vinyl. But hey, I'm just happy they exist and I can hear Hank Greenberg take an at bat. Most sound pretty clear.

This set is priceless, really.
on December 11, 2012
This is an excellent collection! It's very entertaining to listen to the old-time commentary and even the commercials from the 30's and 40's.

The disk comes with a paper which states "This mp3 DVD will play in your computer and in the latest home BluRay DVD players. Please be aware: this DVD will not play in any CD players including MP3 CD Players. You can upload the mp3 files to your ipod or burn an mp3 CD."

The description of DVD-ROM implies this, but I do wish I had known before purchasing that I would need to convert the files to a CD format myself.

The disk plays perfectly in my home DVD player as well as on my laptop. However, I bought this as a gift for my grandfather who does not own a computer. He is blind, so DVD's present a bit of a challenge as well since he cannot see to work the menus on the screen. Hopefully I can re-burn it onto a CD so that he can listen to it.

I think my grandfather will love it! It will provide many hours of entertainment.
on February 15, 2014
This is probably my favorite all-time purchase from Amazon(technically ONE'S MEDIA OLD TIME RADIO). Other vendors online sell these games at up to 19.99 each, so the value here is amazing. I'm a White Sox fan and a Hal Totten fan and hearing Hal broadcast 3 games is a real treat. Appling, Dykes. Bonura, Monty Stratton, Foxx, Haas, -- could go on for many lines here listing the players who appear on the games here. It's staggering the number of HOF players and announcers who before this were only black and white photographs, who here come to life in some of the great games of all time -- and some just every day games. The kind people listened to while working in the back yard on their cars or resting after work. Cannot recommend this highly enough for those who love old time baseball. For the price it's a bargain and I thank One's Media OTR for providing this to us bb junkies. I would do business with this firm any time (and have on several occasions.)
on January 8, 2014
First just the amount of games makes this worthwhile but then you start to listen and the quality of the recordings is extremely impressive. Games are listed by date, not by team but team names are included in the file name, so finding your favorite team or historical teams is pretty easy. This is NOT a CD that will play on a CD player, it's a DVD of audio files that you'll have to import to iTunes or some other MP3 player. My dad was a Brooklyn Dodgers fan growing up, to be able to give him the Dodgers winning the World Series against the Yankees was very exciting for me. (finally a Christmas present to make up for years of Old Spice). He listened to the game and loved it and has started going through some of the other games on the disk. I checked quality before giving it to him and just want to repeat, I was amazed at the audio quality. I can highly recommend this for anyone who loves baseball, especially if you're interested in history and the more innocent era of sports.
on June 17, 2013
Overall this collection exceeds my expectation. All the points other reviewers have made about game selection, sound quality, full games (almost all but not quite) are true.

One correction to the Amazon review and the filename on the disc. The game labeled as the last game for the original Senators franchise is actually the last game of the second Senators franchise (at least on my disc...I suppose it's possible there are differences). It's an amazing piece of history in it own right, though, so no big deal to me.
on February 23, 2013
I misread the listing and did not see that this was a DVD. I was frustrated that it did not play in the radio I wanted to use. I called and they offered several solutions to my problem. I got the best of everything. I would buy from this seller again in a heart beat.
on February 8, 2016
This seller puts out a quality product. The games are great, there are 96 of them, a ton of vintage baseball cards in JPG format, and a lot of other extras. And surprise! I got a free extra: "A Free Gift For You!" which was the entire collection of Bill Stearn's Sports Reel. Unexpected and very appreciated as audio for this show elsewhere is scarce.

The packaging is simple, but the CD/DVDs are printed and high quality. Everything is tagged properly. Top notch work. And the sticker price is perfect!

A note, the masters for alot of these archives were lost long ago. Often the transcriptions are taken from the original tapes without a way to clean them up, and sometimes, if old enough, the recording was done on a wire. So don't expect high definition. This is in no way on the seller. It's enough - really - that they found all this stuff. That being said, as old as some of the files are - they sound pretty darn good.
on February 6, 2014
The quality is good and the number of games available for the price is phenomenal. Scully, Barber, Thompson, Allen are just some of the immortal broadcasters featured
on August 7, 2015
This is an excellent gift for any baseball fan or historian. I use it for background while playing Strat-o-Matic Baseball's past seasons on the computer. Highly recommend as it has so many features at a reasonable price. Would like to see more broadcasts in a new DVD , if they can be found.