Oil month Automotive Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

GROOMING SECRETS FOR MEN: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO LOOKING AND FEELING YOUR BEST
Format: Paperback|Change

on September 8, 2011
This is an awesome book! Even though it is of modest size it is packed with useful information on grooming and taking better care of oneself. This book has totally changed the way I both shave and brush my teeth. There is something in it for every man. It is also easy to follow for a guy like me. This is one book you WILL read through. A good investment in oneself.
on September 24, 2012
The advice on grooming and hygiene in this book is rudimentary at best. Then again I bought this book on kindle for just a few bucks, so I didn't expect much. You might as well read different websites that actually gives great advice on fashion, fragrances, etc. Don't bother with this book. My advice is to skip it.
99 comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 15, 2014
Try clinique, the three step covers open pores, protects, and makes pictures look great. So no need to wear makeup.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 19, 2013
There was not much information inside and nothing very practical or new. Just common sense. Even that the book is very short it reviews very specific problems which are a concern of very few people, therefore half of the book does not relate to me. The useful advice I got could be summarized in just few sentences.
44 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 30, 2010
Small book with tons of useful hints and suggestions. It's a quick, pleasant reading. It has an informal language, so it's like if you were listening to the writer.

And it definitely helps you to look your best.
on March 4, 2016
God, what is this? I feel a bit embarrassed just admitting I read the book - do not make the same mistake. Most of it is the most basic of basics stuff - you had probably learned more by listening to your mom by the time you turned twelve. The rest ... well, let's just say it has a lot of advice to clean, moisture, cream and scrub your skin. I'll leave it to the reader to decide whether that's the kind of advice proper for Men.
on May 20, 2011
I take pretty good care of myself to begin with. I thought this book would go above and beyond the most basic of grooming and hygiene and teach me some tricks I don't know. I was wrong.

This book is small and the advice given is very basic. You are probably doing most of the stuff here already. I actually got the impression that this book was intended for slobs or people who have little to no manners or sense of style.

The only part of the book that I found interesting was the natural deodorant recipe because you could spray it on your whole body. But then again, you could find this on the internet somewhere. Other than that, I know how to wash my face, trim my nose hairs, shave my pubes, get a haircut, check for bad breath, and wipe my mouth after I eat. After about a few pages, I knew this book was not going in the right direction for me. After I finished it, I didn't come away with any tips which were that much different than my current grooming habits.

This book gets one star because of the high price to useful information ratio. The advice contained in this book could easily be added as a chapter in a book on "Manners for men" or any other "Men's style book." I'm not trying to knock the author for his efforts, it's just that the title leads you to believe one thing but the book delivers something totally different. Honestly if you want grooming secrets, all you have to do is subscribe to a men's magazine or just talk to your girlfriends and even your fellow guy friends.

I found a USED copy on eBay for 99 cents. I actually decided to sell it back because it was not something I would keep on my bookshelf.

Take my advice, you can pass on this title; it's not an ultimate guide to anything. Just flip through some men's magazines and you'll be good. Or better yet, get a girlfriend and she can give you some advice for free. Do not buy this book to meet women.

Also beware of the five star reviews on this site as they are from the author. Nobody in their right mind would give this book five stars...only someone trying to push the book.
1616 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 2, 2011
Someone offered me this book in ePub format and I must say I was appalled -- there is nothing in there that anyone with even a basic grasp on hygiene won't already know. The formatting is amateur, the book is plagued with grammatical errors and though I did not expect anything special for a non-fiction book, the prose ranges from acceptable to abysmal.

What we have here is a poor attempt at self-publishing. The main website of the book employs the usual "shopping channel" method of trying to sell you the book -- probably fake testimonies, pages and pages of "Do you want to...?" statements that are as phony as the book cover, etc. It is shameful that more and more self-published titles get pushed on Amazon with fake reviews -- simply look at all the other five star reviews, and you will notice these reviewers all have one thing in common: they have only reviewed this book, or books from this author. A single exception applied. Credible reviewers usually review more than one product in their Amazon lifetime.

If you want to learn how to properly floss, or how often you should put on deodorant, this book will be of great help. However, if you already know about basic hygiene standards, you will find this book lacking, unprofessional and oozing with amateurism from its format to the writing to the advices themselves.

Do yourself a favor and skip this one!
77 comments| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 25, 2014
Got this as a gift from a relative and did not expect much from it, however, it proven to be very helpful in my everyday life. It is filled with many interesting, practical and useful tips to better ones appearance. I definitely recommend it.
on May 2, 2013
I agree this book has valuable details that no one ever bothered to tell me. I particularly found the blackhead removal and body odor chapters to be helpful. This has become a valuable resource to my grooming routine.