GROSCHE Madrid French Press Coffee Maker, Tea Press & Coffee Press 8 cup 34 oz 1L with German Glass
|Price:||$39.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$20.01 (33%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- PREMIUM - A truly premium quality French press coffee and tea maker that features fine-crafted chrome housing and GERMAN Schott-Duran Borosilicate glass beaker. This durable and premium glass beaker is manufactured in Germany and then transported to our production facility where the MADRID is assembled.
- MULTI-PURPOSE - Always use coarse ground coffee in a French press (1 to 3 tablespoons per mug 300ml). You can also use this French press to brew the best tasting loose leaf or blooming tea by allowing the fullest flavor extraction from the tea.
- DUAL FILTER SYSTEM - MADRID has a dual filter system, with the main press being one, and another one in the lid as well. When You make your coffee or tea, turn the lid to close the press while your coffee or tea steeps, and turn it again to open it to pour. That will retain heat and allow for better flavor for your coffee or tea. The MADRID French Press coffee and tea maker is truly a premium French press unlike any other, for a connoisseur of fine tasting coffees or teas.
- MODERN – The sophisticated design of the Madrid is nothing like you’ve ever seen before! The minimalist Chrome housing offers a stylish look that is sure to compliment any Kitchen. The bottom of glass beaker never comes in contact with any surface other than the Chrome base, providing protection. The MADRID housing features Tip-Grips that prevent the beaker from slipping out. MADRID surpasses all French presses and offers a difference you’re sure to notice the moment you hold it in your hands!
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Contact Rizpresso for ANY questions or concerns. You can also contact GROSCHE directly through their website for any quality or coffee making questions. The sale of this product will help provide safe drinking water for people in need through the GROSCHE Safe Water Project. GROSCHE is a Social Enterprise and a Certified B Corporation, which is the highest certification for businesses that are good for the world. Learn more by visiting grosche.ca
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
GROSCHE Madrid French Press Coffee and Tea Maker
Brew the best cup of coffee or tea in just a few minutes with the GROSCHE Madrid French Press. The Madrid’s design infuses coarse ground coffee and loose leaf tea to perfection, producing a deep and rich flavour that you’ll love. The Madrid 4-in-1 brewing system includes everything you need (except ingredients, of course!) to make cold-brew or French press coffee, and iced or hot tea.
The Madrid French Press is available in three sizes: choose a small 3 cup / 350 ml press to make a single cup or the 8 cup / 1000 ml press to make two to three cups. Alternatively, go for the large 12 cup / 1500 ml press to make coffee for the whole family.
Did you know that in addition to making hot coffee, the Madrid can also be used to make amazing tasting cold-brew coffee? We'll tell you how!
- Grind coffee beans and place in press crafe
- Add room-temperature water.
- Stir the grinds into the water.
- Place the French press plunger on top and store in the fridge for 12 hours.
- Remove from fridge and carefully press down on the plunger to push all the grounds to the bottom.
If you love tea but use the Madrid to make coffee, try using it to steep tea leaves for a full and flavorful taste. Follow these steps:
- Add your desired amount of loose tea leaves to the Press carafe and
- Pour almost boiling water over the tea.
- Steep the tea leaves for the desired strength of the brew
The Madrid French Press is a premium coffee and tea maker that features a fine-crafted chrome housing and a borosilicate glass beaker.
The 1000 ml press features a German SCHOTT DURAN glass. This durable and heatproof glass beaker is made in Germany and then transported to our production facility where the MADRID French press is assembled. You can remove the glass beaker from the chrome housing for convenient and thorough washing.
There are many reasons why French press coffee tastes amazing. Here is how the Madrid helps to add to that:
- Unlike paper filters in drip machines, the Madrid doesn’t soak up flavor or absorb natural oils from the coffee beans.
- Using the Madrid means that everything, except the ground coffee, is in the cup. You taste all the flavors, which add to the experience.
- With the Madrid you get complete saturation of the coffee and oils which gives the coffee a better flavor than what you get from a drip machine.
GROSCHE is a Social Enterprise and a Certified B Corporation, which is the highest certification for businesses that are good for the world. For every product sold, GROSCHE provides 50+ days of safe drinking water for people in need through the GROSCHE Safe Water Project.
Top Customer Reviews
Grosche French press feels well made. It has mostly stainless steel construction, only portions of the cap are made out of black plastic. The mesh is very fine and leaves no sediment. In the attached video I include an image of the last sip of coffee on the bottom of the white mug, so you can see how well filtered the coffee made in this French press is. Overall, I really like it. The capacity is just perfect for my needs, it operates smoothly, and it looks good.
This French press is provided by Grosche.
Ali Julia review
Coffee stays hot for about an hour and warm for about an hour after that.
The way that the bottom is angled helps to keep grounds out of your coffee. (Tip: If you have a ton of grounds in your coffee, use a coarser grind. Be aware that there will always be a very small amount of grounds in pressed coffee)
This may sound like the wrong adjective, but the main filter is very "sturdy". If you have ever had a press with a very flimsy filter, you'll understand. When you actually press the coffee, the filter barely has any play. (Tip: If yours is wobbly, you may need to tighten the filter.)
The filter, which has three separate parts, is able to be removed and taken apart for cleaning. I just rinse the three parts in warm water.
The mesh part of the filter does not have any loose wires sticking out; the edge is completely smooth. However, I did accidentally bend mine (I dropped it), but it was very easy to manipulate the mesh to make it smooth again.
This press has an additional filter at the spout. I tested it by intentionally letting some grounds get into the coffee. The filter actually caught about 95% of them.
The press is clear, which is great. I like to be able to see what I am doing.
The size is perfect. My last few presses were smaller. My husband and I didn't even get one full cup of coffee each. Now, we each get about one cup and one half.
I was worried that the metal handle would get hot, but this is not the case. All of the metal stays cool.
This press looks beautiful. I used it on Christmas while my in-laws were over. I got many compliments.
I only hand wash all of the parts of this press, including the glass. I do not use soap on any of the parts, as instructed by professionals while I was still in Europe (they said that it is standard procedure for coffee presses and stove-top espresso makers).
To conclude, this seems to be a wonderful press. Most presses only seem to last about six months. I will update my review in about six months, when I know how well it holds up.
Unfortunately, I dropped my press on the kitchen floor and shattered the glass. This was the best press I had ever owned. However, my husband and I decided not to replace the glass (it may be ordered from Grosche in Canada), because by the time you pay for shipping you might as well just buy a whole new press from Amazon. Instead, we are on the hunt for a stainless steel press. Wish us luck!
Prior to purchasing this item, I also asked other customers to find out if anyone had trouble with the handle breaking due to the weight of the coffee, since this handle is only attached from the top, not at the bottom . This hasn't been a problem.
Now, the MAIN reason that I bought this model over others: Simply put: I LOVE this design more than all the other designs.. This design is a 'work of art' visually. Since I use this 'utilitarian' object every morning, I wanted this to also be beautiful as well as functional. (I have also enjoyed ceremonial green tea...so I've learned the value of having both vessels and ingredients that you use on a daily basis to be both practically useful to bring a warming, awakening beverage as well as being a form of visual meditation on beauty!
When I first wake up, I turn on my tea kettle, put my coffee grinds in this lovely vessel and pour my hot water in...giving the mixture a gentle stir, then put the lid on to 'steep' the coffee for a few minutes while I shower...Coming out to a 'ready' cup of coffee, poured from this press, just makes my day better right from the start. When friends come over, they too get to enjoy not only fabulous tasting organic, shade grown Guatemalan coffee, but have the pleasure of this being poured from this elegant, A+ designed coffee press!
For hot summer days, here is my 'healthy' homemade version of an expensive booth-bought 'mocha frappacino.'
I let the coffee cool. Sometimes I put coffee in an ice cube tray. I use 8 large coffee ice cubes per serving. Sometimes I use 8 plain ice cubes and unfrozen, cooled coffee. I personally like organic whole milk in my coffee...so I put first about 1 cup of milk, add organic agave nectar to my preference of sweetness (2 teaspoons), then add a pinch of allspice, cinnamon and my very favorite spice for coffee, cardoman, then a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract and you can add this or nor...a tablespoon of organic unsweetened cacao powder. Blend it up and add plain ice as needed to make it thicker. If you use shade grown organic, fair trade coffee you are being good to birds, those who grow, harvest and process & sell the coffee as well as giving yourself a lovely treat! Enjoy!