Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
GROSCHE Madrid French Press Coffee Maker, Tea Press & Coffee Press 8 cup 34 oz 1L with Pyrex Glass
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- PREMIUM - A truly premium quality French press coffee and tea maker that features fine-crafted chrome housing and Pyrex Borosilicate glass beaker. This durable and premium glass beaker is manufactured in Europe and then transported to our production facility where the MADRID is assembled.
- MULTI-PURPOSE - Always use coarse ground coffee in a French press (1 to 3 tablespoons per mug 300ml). You can also use this French press to brew the best tasting loose leaf or blooming tea by allowing the fullest flavor extraction from the tea.
- DUAL FILTER SYSTEM - MADRID has a dual filter system, with the main press being one, and another one in the lid as well. When You make your coffee or tea, turn the lid to close the press while your coffee or tea steeps, and turn it again to open it to pour. That will retain heat and allow for better flavor for your coffee or tea. The MADRID French Press coffee and tea maker is truly a premium French press unlike any other, for a connoisseur of fine tasting coffees or teas.
- MODERN – The sophisticated design of the Madrid is nothing like you’ve ever seen before! The minimalist Chrome housing offers a stylish look that is sure to compliment any Kitchen. The bottom of glass beaker never comes in contact with any surface other than the Chrome base, providing protection. The MADRID housing features Tip-Grips that prevent the beaker from slipping out. MADRID surpasses all French presses and offers a difference you’re sure to notice the moment you hold it in your hands!
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - Contact Rizpresso for ANY questions or concerns. You can also contact GROSCHE directly through their website for any quality or coffee making questions. The sale of this product will help provide safe drinking water for people in need through the GROSCHE Safe Water Project. GROSCHE is a Social Enterprise and a Certified B Corporation, which is the highest certification for businesses that are good for the world. Learn more by visiting grosche.ca
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Brew the best cup of coffee or tea in just a few minutes with the GROSCHE Madrid French Press. The Madrid’s design infuses coarse ground coffee and loose leaf tea to perfection, producing a deep and rich flavor that you’ll love. If you're looking for the best coffee maker out there, you've come to the right place.
GROSCHE Madrid French Press Coffee and Tea Maker - Brew in Style
The Madrid is part of our premium French Press line, and is designed for those who wish to graduate from the tired old and common coffee presses available today. Its for people looking to brew with style and quality, GROSCHE is a premium craft coffee and tea brewing specialty brand, and on that is different than others at many levels.
Its attention to detail - from quality glass, to fine chrome finish, the Madrid French Press sets itself apart from other non electric coffee makers. The 34 oz (1 liter) press features Pyrex glass, which is manufactured in Europe.
Making Coffee with the Madrid French Press
1. Add Coffee
Add coarse ground coffee beans to the Madrid French press. One tablespoon of ground coffee for 8 ounces of water is standard, though you can add more for stronger taste.
2. Add Hot Water
Separately, heat the water you will need to brew your coffee. Pour the water in the Madrid, soaking beans on all sides. Evenly ground coffee beans mean even flavor extraction.
Place lid on the beaker and leave plunger in the “up” position, just enough to submerge floating coffee grounds under water. Wait 3-4 mins for coffee to brew then gently press the plunger down all the way.
4. Pour & Enjoy!
That's it! Pour your French press coffee into a cup, and enjoy. You can experiment with the amount of coffee and brewing time. Remember to maintain a coarse grind for a perfect brew every time.
The immersion brewing method for making coffee gives the boldest flavors of any brewing technology. And its one of our favorites. The natural oils of the coffee bean are fully immersed in the water, and give your coffee flavor a true richness that is unmatched by any other way of brewing coffee.
GROSCHE is a Social Enterprise and a B (Benefit) Corporation on a mission to address the safe water crisis faced by nearly 800 million people around the world. For every product sold, GROSCHE provides access to 50+ days of safe drinking water for people in need through its Safe Water Project. This has helped communities around the world, including in the Philippines, Malawi, Pakistan, South Sudan, India, and Uganda.
Compare with similar items
Please read product Safety and Use guidelines before use
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
One item to be aware of, this item is marketed as "3-cup", if you are used to an American-sized cup of coffee a more accurate sizing would be 3/4 cup. A single brew in this press fills my usual morning coffee mug less than half-full. If all you want is a small afternoon coffee or an after-dinner coffee this item will work great; if you want to have 2 or 3 cups of coffee in the morning you need to order the larger size.
1. Put 2.5-3 tablespoons of course ground coffee beans into the empty carafe (I like my coffee strong!)
2. Boil water, once it has stopped bubbling then pour water into carafe (up to first of those 3 silver bars). Stir the "coffee water" with a plastic spoon (directions state you shouldn't use a metal spoon).
3. Gently place plunger onto carafe (make sure the scored edge on the plunger lid is aligned with the spout so it pours out properly) - do not press down yet, let it site on top of the carafe, above the water). Let it sit there/steep for 5 minutes.
4. After 5 minutes, slowly/evenly press down on the plunger until it has pushed all the grounds to the bottom
5. Pour. I get NO coffee grounds in my coffee!
6. Rinse plunger & carafe and you're done
Prior to purchasing this item, I also asked other customers to find out if anyone had trouble with the handle breaking due to the weight of the coffee, since this handle is only attached from the top, not at the bottom . This hasn't been a problem.
Now, the MAIN reason that I bought this model over others: Simply put: I LOVE this design more than all the other designs.. This design is a 'work of art' visually. Since I use this 'utilitarian' object every morning, I wanted this to also be beautiful as well as functional. (I have also enjoyed ceremonial green tea...so I've learned the value of having both vessels and ingredients that you use on a daily basis to be both practically useful to bring a warming, awakening beverage as well as being a form of visual meditation on beauty!
When I first wake up, I turn on my tea kettle, put my coffee grinds in this lovely vessel and pour my hot water in...giving the mixture a gentle stir, then put the lid on to 'steep' the coffee for a few minutes while I shower...Coming out to a 'ready' cup of coffee, poured from this press, just makes my day better right from the start. When friends come over, they too get to enjoy not only fabulous tasting organic, shade grown Guatemalan coffee, but have the pleasure of this being poured from this elegant, A+ designed coffee press!
For hot summer days, here is my 'healthy' homemade version of an expensive booth-bought 'mocha frappacino.'
I let the coffee cool. Sometimes I put coffee in an ice cube tray. I use 8 large coffee ice cubes per serving. Sometimes I use 8 plain ice cubes and unfrozen, cooled coffee. I personally like organic whole milk in my coffee...so I put first about 1 cup of milk, add organic agave nectar to my preference of sweetness (2 teaspoons), then add a pinch of allspice, cinnamon and my very favorite spice for coffee, cardoman, then a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract and you can add this or nor...a tablespoon of organic unsweetened cacao powder. Blend it up and add plain ice as needed to make it thicker. If you use shade grown organic, fair trade coffee you are being good to birds, those who grow, harvest and process & sell the coffee as well as giving yourself a lovely treat! Enjoy!