Spring Deals Automotive HPC Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on October 3, 2011
I've been brewing tea for a decade or two. Plus being Chinese everywhere I go I get tea, from restaurants to family gathering, it's all tea. I have several ceramic tea pots to brew expensive $100+ tea. I've even drink tea from VERY expensive collector's tea pots. I also purchased Zorijushi Hot Water Heater to help me brew tea faster. But after all that investment I still taste something in the water. Since the water for all those expensive tea pots still comes from a regular metal kettle.

So I went shopping online for something that won't leave an after taste in the tea. That's where Grosche Munic Glass Kettle comes in. I know it's glass and I was VERY doubtful that it would work. I thought glass was fragile and I would burn my hand on the handle. I was wrong. The handle cools down REALLY fast after I turn off the stove.

The glass is medical grade glass and was even examined by my husband who uses medical grade test tubes for science experiments every day. He thought I was doing a science experiment when I purchased this tea pot. I said we are going to drink tea from this. He was skeptical too but after he took one sip from the tea I brewed from this pot he was a believer.

All the tea that we drink are now made from this tea pot. It's smooth it's refreshing and I get to add multiple types of tea into the strainer to brew different flavors.

Cleaning is also very easy. I generally have a hard time scrubbing tea stains off my ceramic/porcelain cups and teapots. But with glass it comes right off. If it doesn't I just use a little of gentle mild Babyganics dishwashing soap and it comes right off. I don't use any harsh detergent on this teapot because I don't want any residue from the detergent to taint the flavor of my tea.

I am truly surprised that this Grosche Munic Glass Kettle could be so amazing. Also not all glass kettles are the same. They're are several imitations out there. The imitations look nice especially when we're brewing chrysanthemum tea. But there's something about the Grosche Munic Glass Kettle that makes every brew taste so much better.
1313 comments| 182 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 26, 2012
When I first received this product my husband and I loved it. The shape, the difuser and the fact that no additional kettle to boil water was very appealing. We've had it for approximately 2 weeks now.

This morning could have been a disaster. The pot was on the cooktop boiling and I was slowly moving it to the side when the bottom fell out of it. Scalding water went everywhere. Thank goodness my reflexes were good and I was able to jump out of the way without spilling too much on me. It was a miracle that the grandkids and dog were not close by.

The design of this pot is lovely but advertising that this pot can be used on the cooktop to boil the water it dangerous and misleading.

If you buy, use a kettle to boil the water. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT TO BOIL THE WATER!
88 comments| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 6, 2017
I had Grosche Monaco for awhile until I broke the lid. Then I got Munich and found that the lid can be used for both Munich and Monaco and even the other Grosche products. I do prefer Munich better than Monaco. It's a less-traditional looking teapot without the long spout, and it's taller in height. But they both do have same capacity. I have been using Munich for awhile for my teas and have not noticed staining with the glass that I experienced with Monaco. Overall, I love all Grosche teapots. And this Munich looks very attractive with its all clear glass body. Very happy with this teapot.
review imagereview imagereview image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 7, 2011
This is in daily use in our kitchen and we love everything about it. Especially the fact that it only -looks- small and delicate, while actually holding the same 6 cups as our clunky old teapot, and being quite strong. Love the delicately curved handle as well. We're buying another in a different style to keep in the rotation.
on April 3, 2013
I've had this for a number of months and I really like this teapot. Water heats up very quickly, it's easy to clean. I occasionally descale it by filling it 1/3 with vinegar and the rest of the way with water and letting it sit for 1/2 hour or so. I would purchase another one. It's very good quality glass, but light weight.
on August 23, 2017
works well
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 14, 2011
At first, the kettle was great - just what I'd been looking for. Since there were other reviews that talked about cracking, I made a conscious effort to be careful with it. I have a gas stove and always use medium heat. I never let it boil dry. I always waited for it to cool completely before washing. After three months of use, it cracked while I was washing it.
Very disappointing. I will try to return it.
22 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 12, 2011
Great teapot for the price. The glass is very sturdy considering the weight of the teapot, and can be used on the stovetop on medium-high heat easily. The price for the set was less than the pot alone from another seller, and the extra tea isn't bad. So far I've only tried two of the twelve tea blossoms, and they both tasted pretty agreeable, though there is a distinct floral scent and flavor that some might not like. The slits in the diffuser are small enough that only some fine particles of my looseleaf green tea got through. Regardless, the diffuser is still easy to clean. The only warning I'd give is that the teapot is a little smaller than you might expect; it comfortably makes 3 regular cups of tea but 4 might be a stretch. Also, you'll want to commit to at least two cups of tea if you're making loose leaf because the diffuser doesnt sit low enough in the pot with one teacup worth of water in it. I imagine it's tough to find any teapot that doesnt have this problem, though.
on November 28, 2012
I have used several teapots over the years and find I like this one the best. I was looking specifically for something with no other materials than glass and this perfection fits that criterion perfectly. I have used it multiple times a day ever since purchasing it. I recommend it highly and as such, will be giving it to various people as gifts.
on September 18, 2011
Worked fine for the first couple of days but then the glass cracked. Seems to be rather fragile. Definitely not what I was expecting.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.