Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on September 2, 2011
The Pot:
This pot takes care of two complaints I have read about other pots.
1. I chose the Munich pot because it doesn't have a long neck. Easier cleaning that way. (Some people have mentioned the long thin necks can be hard to clean)
2. Also, this pot can be used as a kettle with just the lid. OR as a teapot used with the basket. (On some pots you have to use the basket at all times for the lid to fit)
3. This pot can be used on the stove top.

The Tea:
The tea really tastes great. Watching it "bloom" in the pot is really neat. The family sat at the kitchen table watching this happen like we was watching a movie. (We need to get out more often, lol) We had never heard of blooming teas, so it was a nice surprise watching and drinking this tea.

The Packaging:
The tea is packed around the pot adding additional padding during shipping, lessening the chance of breakage.

This has been one of the nicest items we have purchased and would recommend this to anyone. Even if they aren't a tea lover. This may change their mind...

I make medicinal teas from herbs and I cant tell you how much easier it is to maintain a simmer on the stove vs trying to do it in the microwave. Still loving this pot!

A lot of people mention how thin these pots are. I really like that because it cools off so fast (Pyrex stays hot for a long time). I can clean this pot right after pouring the tea out of it. I can also pick the pot up by the handle right off the stove.
0Comment| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 3, 2011
I've been brewing tea for a decade or two. Plus being Chinese everywhere I go I get tea, from restaurants to family gathering, it's all tea. I have several ceramic tea pots to brew expensive $100+ tea. I've even drink tea from VERY expensive collector's tea pots. I also purchased Zorijushi Hot Water Heater to help me brew tea faster. But after all that investment I still taste something in the water. Since the water for all those expensive tea pots still comes from a regular metal kettle.

So I went shopping online for something that won't leave an after taste in the tea. That's where Grosche Munic Glass Kettle comes in. I know it's glass and I was VERY doubtful that it would work. I thought glass was fragile and I would burn my hand on the handle. I was wrong. The handle cools down REALLY fast after I turn off the stove.

The glass is medical grade glass and was even examined by my husband who uses medical grade test tubes for science experiments every day. He thought I was doing a science experiment when I purchased this tea pot. I said we are going to drink tea from this. He was skeptical too but after he took one sip from the tea I brewed from this pot he was a believer.

All the tea that we drink are now made from this tea pot. It's smooth it's refreshing and I get to add multiple types of tea into the strainer to brew different flavors.

Cleaning is also very easy. I generally have a hard time scrubbing tea stains off my ceramic/porcelain cups and teapots. But with glass it comes right off. If it doesn't I just use a little of gentle mild Babyganics dishwashing soap and it comes right off. I don't use any harsh detergent on this teapot because I don't want any residue from the detergent to taint the flavor of my tea.

I am truly surprised that this Grosche Munic Glass Kettle could be so amazing. Also not all glass kettles are the same. They're are several imitations out there. The imitations look nice especially when we're brewing chrysanthemum tea. But there's something about the Grosche Munic Glass Kettle that makes every brew taste so much better.
1313 comments| 182 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 2, 2011
It's smaller than I was thinking, but it's still nice, especially since it's usually only me. As another reviewer said, it seems more fragile than it is. The infuser design surrised me, it simply has thin slits etched into it. I went beyond what it's designed for, and used it with Thai tea mix, which has a lot of fine particles in it, and should be brewed using a tea sock. I expected it to let a lot more particles trough than it did. Yes, a fair amount got through, but I'd also stirred the mix, which pushed more through. It did as well as the fine gold mesh tea infuser I have, I didn't expect it to do nearly that well. So the simple slits actually filter much beter than I imagined they would. I don't see there being any problems when using loose or flowering teas. I suppose the only thing i would change is to make the infuser sit lower in the pot for making a single cup of tea.

I didn't want a metal tea pot, and this works well for me, the fact that it comes with its own glass infuser is a nice bonus.
on November 26, 2011
I bought my GROSCHE Munich Glass tea kettle 2 months ago as a house-warming gift for myself, and am more than pleased with it. I had previously had a very bad reaction to the plastic used on the inner part of an expensive stainless steel kettle, and so was looking for a high quality, plastic-free stainless, originally. However, I kept coming upon reviews from people who had experienced their stainless steel kettles rusting inside unless they were dried after each use (as if!), so I was getting pretty frustrated with my search. Then, I happened upon a number of glass kettles. Among the ones I looked at, these Grosche kettles had the most consistently positive reviews. Beyond that, the price was very reasonable. I was sorely tempted to get one of the "fancier" looking kettles in the line, but this size is perfect for me making a single cup of tea for myself and/or my husband. As it turns out, I'm liking this kettle with the clean, classic design that goes nicely with any décor.

Definite positives:

* I'm a dyed in the wool tea drinker, so this kettle gets used multiple times per day, and I haven't been disappointed with its performance.
* I use mine on a gas stovetop over medium flame. This has been fine, no issue.
* Handle never gets hot, in my experience.
* Being able to watch the water boil is actually surprisingly enjoyable!
* Very easy to clean, and very easy to see if it needs cleaning.
* No problem with it being too fragile, which was an initial concern. The glass appears quite thin, and it's easy to assume it's looking for an excuse to break, but this hasn't been my experience. I haven't hit it truly hard against anything, admittedly, but the lid has been dropped a handful of times, and the kettle itself has had a few solid taps against the hard sink, with no negative results. One thing I like is that if I do really wang it at some point, the price is reasonable enough that I won't cringe too badly about having to replace it!

Things I would love to see, but I don't consider major drawbacks:
* I would love to see a lid that did not easily fall off when the pouring the water. My solution is to use a teaspoon and cup the spoon over the lid knob as I pour. This works very nicely to keep the lid on, and my hand away from any stray steam.
* Is there a way to make a whistling glass tea kettle? That would be great for people like me who occasionally put the kettle on and forget it :-)
on November 30, 2013
This review is based on having and using this pot for only a few runs. First, I am happy with the pot and infuser. I used it with one of my loose teas and the infuser worked very well to keep from having "floaties".

My rating is really more for the blooming teas. I have tried two, so far. First thing I noticed is the lack of aroma to the flowers. Second, I was not prepared for the large amount of loose/floating tea so I still needed to use something to strain the tea before pouring into cups. Next, I was disappointed with the flowers themselves. The color was very dull and the flowers, even floating in the water, seemed very limp/wilted looking. I am aware these are dried tea leaves/flowers, but I was expecting something closer to the pictures. The final disappointment was the flavor of the tea itself. I was very nondescript and bland. For me, this was probably due to the lack of aroma.
...the glass infuser: it has only a few tiny slits which cause two problems.

1. When you put loose tea in it and put it inside the pot and pour boiling water into the infuser, it takes about 10-20 seconds for the water to seep out into the rest of the pot, which means standing there and waiting and then pouring more and then waiting more and then pouring more, the whole process adds about 3 minutes to your tea-making time. Not a big deal, but worth noting.

2. More annoying: because the slits are so tiny, small bits of your loose tea will get stuck in them, which means cleaning the infuser afterwards is a lot more of a chore...I end up having to rinse and empty the infuser 3-4 times and use a bottle brush to loosen the tiny fragments of tea leaves that get stuck in the slits.

I wish this teapot simply came with a stainless steel fine mesh infuser instead. I might end up just putting the infuser aside and spooning the loose tea directly into the pot, then using a wire strainer when pouring the tea into cups...kind of cumbersome though. Oh well, I imagine they chose this glass infuser as a sales/marketing gimmick, because the actual glass pitcher is probably not worth much more than ten or twelve bucks by itself.

That said, I love the 42oz size...it's enough for about 4 mugs of tea, and because it's all glass, you can easily put the whole thing into the microwave if the last 1/3 or 1/2 has gone cold on you.

I use the same amount of loose tea as I would normally use for a single cup, but having the same amount spread out into 4 cups gives me better hydration---I like to drink at least 4 liters of water a day, and the extra water offsets the dehydrating effects of the caffeine in the tea. Plus during the colder months, having more warm liquids in the stomach is quite nice. The milder taste per cup due to the greater volume is not a big deal for me personally...some might differ on that, though.
on December 17, 2017
Perfect! This beautiful glass tea pot is very sturdy and perfect in every way. I use it every day on my electric stovetop on med. low heat and it seriously makes the world's best tasting tea and coffee. I make wonderful organic coffee in it using a regular unbleached coffee filter pushed down into the diffuser. Fresh Thyme sells the best organic bulk coffee for it with no aluminum packaging which I hate! Bought this identical Grosche pot four years ago and used it almost every day, then accidentally banged it on a hard surface ( my fault ). I didn't hesitate to order another one on Amazon because I love it so much and can't live without it! Also, I have very hard water and a little diluted apple cider vinegar swished around in it keeps it sparkling and like new, As an added bonus Grosche.donates a portion of the sale to a water purification project in India. Love that! A sheet delight, you won't be sorry with this...
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 9, 2014
This teapot is right at the intersection of beautiful and practical. I do have some of those tea flowers, but I prefer to use fresh herbs, which look lovely through the glass. Even though the handle looks fragile, it feels quite sturdy, so it's easy to wash the pot without feeling like an accidental knock is going to break it.

>> Heat Resistance:

I use a teapot stand with tealight candles to keep my tea warm, sometimes over many hours. Even though this level of heat has melted the plastic handles of my Bodum french press and teapot, this glass handle never even feels warm to the touch.

I would not put it on a stove range, but more power to you if you don't mind the risk. :) On the Grosche website FAQ section it makes the following statement:

"While our special borosilicate glass is indeed heatproof, we do not recommend using our products on a stovetop due to the fragile nature of our product to avoid the possibility of breakage by accidental damage."

Although borosilicate glass is used for laboratory equipment used over a gas burner, apparently the greater thickness of kitchen tools makes them more likely to break under thermal expansion. The coffee pots intended to go on the stovetop have special design implementations.

>> Steeping Tea:

The holes in the infuser are a row of slits along the bottom edge, so if you load it up with tea or herbs, then try to pour the water over the leaves into the pot, it filters way too slowly. You need to fill the pot, then introduce the tea and top it off. This infuser doesn't permit as even an infusion as a wide sieve, but I personally have not been dissatisfied with the results.

Unlike the Bodum designs, it doesn't have a press, to stop the tea from steeping. But, after you've poured a couple cups it's already below the steeping line, so there's no need to remove the infuser.
on February 4, 2013
Great gift set!

Teapot has 1250 ml capacity (4- 6 cups of tea), and is stove-top safe (electric, gas, ceramic) on low to medium heat. Product is made of lead free borosilicate thermal Glass.

Infuser is included to make loose leaf tea. Can be used without infuser.

Premium Green and White blooming teas are hand made and come packaged in a set of 12 (instructions are included).

Overall, it was a well a packaged gift set. The pot is fairly easy to clean, and cools off well. I've used it multiple times a day. Durable and really nice to see the blooming tea. Well worth the price!

Will update review if product warrants it.
on December 6, 2017
I had Grosche Monaco for awhile until I broke the lid. Then I got Munich and found that the lid can be used for both Munich and Monaco and even the other Grosche products. I do prefer Munich better than Monaco. It's a less-traditional looking teapot without the long spout, and it's taller in height. But they both do have same capacity. I have been using Munich for awhile for my teas and have not noticed staining with the glass that I experienced with Monaco. Overall, I love all Grosche teapots. And this Munich looks very attractive with its all clear glass body. Very happy with this teapot.
review imagereview imagereview image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.