Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on May 30, 2017
This is a great percolator, however, the " knob " on the lid is plastic, so if you place it over an open fire or next to one, it may melt. This may have been in the insructions, so, to be fair, I do not recall seeing or reading such. I have owned this for about a year and it works well on the stove at home and the camp stove. If you plan on using it over a camp fire or something like that, you should get a replacement " knob " that is made of glass. These will last a long time as it is galvanized.
on April 15, 2012
After a camping trip in which our usual coffee tasted SO much better in our little old camping percolator than it did from our drip coffee maker at home, we decided to buy a bigger, better percolator to use all the time. After looking at many pots online, we chose this one for a number of reasons. The size was just right for the two of us, plus guests. The colors are nice (we got blue). The description of the pot was what convinced us, because of the sturdy construction and that we can use it on a stovetop or campfire (those with silicone handles are not campfire friendly). And, having used it at home a number of times, we find the handle is cool enough to pick up without a pad. Just like any percolator, you will find some grounds in the bottom of the pot and your cup, but we have never minded, and they usually sink to the bottom.

However, the inside hardware is very low quality. The tube and coffee chamber are made of low-grade aluminum that is very easily bent. Great care will have to be taken when washing these pieces. The same goes for the hinge holding the lid on the pot. The lid does not "pop" into place, it just rests on the top, so it should be held in place when pouring the last cup out. We would have given this item 5 stars if the quality of construction had been consistent throughout.
on August 1, 2011
I just used this percolator on my camping trip this past weekend. It worked great the 1st day although I did notice a small spot on the base of the inside that may not have gotten enough enamel coating. It was at the weld area for the base.

I really enjoyed the coffee, although you definitely need a towel or oven mit to get it off the stove.

The second day, while washing it, the aluminum metal on the handle that holds the lid on, got bent back and it now no longer holds the lid on. I'll be using a pair of needle-nose pliers to bend it back.

All-in-all, it was a pretty good percolator and I am sure after the minor repair it'll last for years. The coffee was excellent.

The rest of the pot was very sturdy.
on January 12, 2017
Bought the 6 cup size. No where does it say that the 6cup size does not have the coffee basket and top bubble piece included. I got a cute blue enamelware looky-lew and it will be displayed with my other antiques. Geez. I really wanted a working backup coffee pot. Still, it was delivered on time (soft envelope which was strange) and is cute.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 3, 2011
I have made very good camp coffee with this percolator. To my surprise, there were no grounds in my coffee and the coffee tasted good.
The pot has flimsy construction, though. The clear ball on top has fallen off and I am not sure how to make it stay in its grooves. I have seen similar pots in our group campsite whose lids had fallen off; the hinge is just a thin piece of cheap wire.
In short, it makes good camp coffee but it is not durable.
on June 29, 2012
I got this pot in red to make a gift "basket" for friends that are coffee connoisseurs. I filled it with Bali Coffee Candy, used shrink wrap and added a big red bow. Voila! The perfect gift. They loved it. I am still waiting to hear how the coffee pot performs and will update my review if I hear back.

One thing- I had a very hard time getting the lid to close (empty) but it did close.
on June 23, 2016
I ordered this and had to return due to chipped enamel. Second one was missing clip that holds top to handle. Also, the "glass" knob on top constantly falls off. Would not buy this brand again. Piece of junk.
on July 28, 2009
Let me get this out of the way right up front - I am NOT a religious coffee drinker. I drink it mostly when I want something to warm me up, not as a morning wakeup. I purchased this percolator to use when camping, partly for the above reason, and also because my fiancée will not go anywhere near the woods without certain amenities, morning coffee among them.

I also considered a French press style coffee maker, but decided on the percolator since a French press would require an additional pot in which to heat the water. The percolator apparatus can be easily removed from this coffee maker and used to heat water for tea, hot cocoa, ramen, dish water, etc... I chose this particular percolator because the red speckled enamelware matches the dish set I also purchased. It is also just the right size for us as it makes four standard coffee mug sized cups, which is just right for the two of us.

Fit and finish are excellent, as was the packaging. Just took it out of the box, washed it, and added it to the camping gear last weekend. Used it Sunday morning and had the best tasting coffee I have had in years. Granted, part of it could have been the location, but I was still able to drink it with only a small amount of powdered creamer and no sweetener, which is unheard of for me. The coffee used was some cheapo vacuum packed half-caff, Folgers or Maxwell House or the like.

No gripes or complaints, but if you haven't used a percolator before be aware that the basket for the grounds is not really a filter. i.e. you will get grounds into your coffee if you don't use separate disc-style filters. It's not bad enough for me to worry about it as the amount of grounds that spilled through was very minimal; just something to be aware of if you are picky about such things.

Bottom line, this is a very good coffee pot with excellent fit and finish, you won't be disappointed.
0Comment| 138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 12, 2011
This coffee pot just isn't very durable. The basket and the stem flex very easily, the plastic knob on top always wants to fall out, the cover's attachment to the pot is flimsy. Mine hasn't broken yet, but I just don't see it lasting very long. Do yourself a favor, spend a bit more money and get something that is built better. Coffee is too important to risk it on this. :)
on June 4, 2014
When you look at this Coffee pot it screams CAMPING!!!

And it does a great job with 8 cups of coffee, I use the packets in the filter so no grounds in our coffee.

Enough said.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.