Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: GSI Outdoors Glacier Stainless Bottle Cup/Pot
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

on January 12, 2013
i love this along with my "Nalgene Stainless Bottle 38 oz." it's almost no extra space, and very minimal extra weight. I have used this for everything from making pine needle tea to getting a quick drink from a dripping [wall?]. i wouldn't say it's a MUST HAVE, but it is a lot of fun, and i would defiantly be extremely grateful for it in a survival situation... in fact, I'm already grateful for it when i go camping... most of my backpacking buddies who are a bit more frugal ended up buying these cups, and some even got the "Nalgene Stainless Bottle 38 oz." and none of us have had any buyers remorse.
on February 10, 2013
This is the perfect size (not to big and not too small), and it will fit around a nalgene bottle to reduce space. I actually purchased this to take with me to Europe in a backpack. I have a miniature esbit stove that I'm taking along too just in case I ever need to make some coffee or hydrate some food. The handle is very convenient too that it doesn't take up any room, and I love that its stainless steel and not aluminum. I also own a MSR dualist pot set, but that pot will be too large to take on my trip. This one is really going to work for me, and I'm very happy that I purchased it.
on April 11, 2014
This is a great value in a good quality stainless steel cup. Don't waste your money on aluminum or cheap stuff. This cup will do the job and last a long time. You can even heat things directly in the cup if desired. I get these for people as gifts, too. Good quality is always appreciated.
on January 6, 2014
haven't used it yet but will soon

rugged, thick and safe stainless steel. the handles are a little funny but work well, very packable

For those of you worried it does fit the 40 OZ klean kanteen water bottle and very well to not much space to shake rattle and roll.

you can also boil water in it like the klean kanteen
on November 15, 2013
Exactly what you would expect, a very good stainless steel cup that can be used as a cup or a small pot. I have used it to boil water many times and it is still in great shape. It is easy to clean and is compact. I wish it had a lid, but that would be tough for the price, which is great. I have three of them and use them every time I go camping which is fairly often.
on October 13, 2014
Actually, i've never used it. But it sits in my bugout bag just waiting for the day that I might need to. It seems like it's pretty good construction and will definitely be useful when the time comes.
on July 6, 2014
This is a great cup. My stove actually folds up and fits in side, or I can insert a Nalgene bottle if I want, so it takes up very little space. It works well for boiling water or just drinking a cup of joe in the field or on the trail.
on September 25, 2015
Excellent quality and functional. Used it above a Esbit solid fuel stove to boil water for dried backpacking food packs.
review image review image
on December 25, 2013
So i went for the kelly kettle first, realized i went over board. So i got one of thease that fit the Nalgean bottle. Then i see the off brand ones at walmart for half price....sorry but i wish i would do more walmart shopping.

Thease do feel alot more quality than walmart ones if you want the best money can buy.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 31, 2012
This thing will be a standard part of my kit, my nalgene bottle fits in it flawlessly and cuts down on space consumption in my pack, it looks like its built fairly good as well.

My only complaints are that there was an awful sticker on the bottom of it that left sticky residue when removed, and a "glacier gsi" sticker on the side, that one came off fairly easy though, also when boiling water the fold out handles did not get very hot so it's really good for boiling water though it is a tad thick.

For something that's commonly used to cook with one wonders why there would be stickers all over it, but at least you know you're not getting a counterfeit.

So all in all it's a great product, if you're looking for a pot/cup that a nalgene bottle will fit in easy.
Good for coffee, sterilizing, a bowl, or even cooking noodles in this cup is what you want.
99 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse