Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 50 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 57 reviews
on September 3, 2014
This model of the watch is quite similar to

Difference is the other model has measurement for sking movement and has a compass. Over all, the Ski model is more used because it has a compass. The model on this page does not have a compass.

Plus for both models is the display is active matrix and able to "draw" animated icons for the functions.

The watch casing is alike on both models other than cosmetic changes.

Misc differences between both models:
The compass model has moon phase (by setting your location on Earth),
Tide,
Alti, baro etc,
The ski, compass model display in Matric (meters) while the jogging model display in imperial (feet).

At the top of the watches, the ski/compass model shows the icon of the moon phase while the jogging model doesn't have any icon. The space is used to display the year.
(if I look very closely at the top of the screen, I can see the "moon phase" except those icons are not activated in the watch.

Personal opinion:
Between the two models of the watches, I would recommend the ski model because the compass is more useful.

Maybe the watch designers who designed two models want to ensure users who want both watch functions have to own both models.

(Looking at Amazon and the web site for companies who make watches, no one else seem to make watches with activate matrix display and have as many functions like these two watches.
'As for battery life, each battery last about a year running 24 hours. I also have Android watch that has almost all the functionality of Samsung Galaxy Galaxy phones but the battery last for about 1 day before it needs to be recharged. Worst is the watch only last for about 1 month because it failed. Until OLED watches take less power to run and have more reliable design, stay with LCD based watches.
on December 18, 2011
I have several ABC watches for hiking including the Suunto Core, X6, and Highgear Axio. I purchased the GSI watch as a backup that I wouldn't mind abusing. Plus, the continuous altimeter monitor seemed useful like the Suuntos.

Honestly, I cannot recommend this product to anyone as an outdoor sport watch for several reasons:

1. The altimeter is unbelievably inaccurate. It shifted up and down by 40 feet even when I was standing still. And this was after calibration at sea level. Seriously, this is a joke. I calibrated the altimeter several times, but to no avail.

2. The faux carbon fiber trim looks so cheap, it's embarrassing. I've seen miniature cars with better faux carbon fiber.

3. The barometer is equally erratic. Since it uses the same sensor, I am not surprised.

4. The pedometer is off by 10-15%.

5. The strap is stiff and hard, not comfortable at all for long-term use.

6. The watch just looks plastic all around.

Overall, I'd say avoid this. It's not even a decent lookalike watch.

I just returned it to Amazon. Gotta love Prime's return policy.
22 comments| 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2014
Great buy for the price.

It has lot of features, more than average user may need. For me the pedometer works. It is accurate too. It gives info on distance (in steps, and in kms/miles), calories, avg speed, max speed. Easy to reset before every walk/run.

The only minor glitch is once you choose kilometers you cannot change to miles (at least i don't know how).
on November 8, 2011
The watch requires you immediately to select between Metric and Imperial; the query is waiting for you as you pull the watch out of the box and before you get the instructions. If you bump the wrong button, the selection remains metric. There are no instructions to reset to Imperial and no apparent website instructions. Removing and replacing the battery was a no-go; the watch housing is too fragile and the watch wouldn't restart. Avoid.
on April 20, 2013
There are many features to the watch that make it a valuable tool. The only problem I had was with the instructions. They were not as clear as I had hoped. I bought this watch for my dad and he had problems getting it programmed. When I looked at the instructions, I also didn't find them very clear and I consider myself a bit tech savvy.
on November 4, 2015
I bought it as a gift for my father in law. It kept showing 'low battery' just in a month. We had to replace the battery. The two side buttons stopped working soon after. Very dissatisfied. Waste. Don't buy.
on May 24, 2014
I needed a watch that was waterproof, digital and had the day and date on it. This was does just that, plus I can track my running.I haven't need the other modes yet. I wish it had a compass, that would be cool. I am somewhat concerned on the accuracy of the pedometer, and have never tested the alti or barometers yet.
on December 7, 2014
I purchased this for my husband in Oct. At the beginning of Dec it quit working all together. Past the 30 day return limit so we're just out of our money.
on March 22, 2017
Crappy construction
on January 17, 2012
I loved this watch from the get go. LARGE display for my weak eyes, simple functions, all good stuff. The only problem is after 1 week the altimeter would fluctuate between the actual altitude and an additional few thousand feet. I reset it to factory settings, I reset the barometer, but no luck. Amazon's policy is return only no replacement. I will say Amazon sure has perfected the return system, no charge to me.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.