Top positive review
571 people found this helpful
Definitely worth the price
on December 2, 2008
After reading the various reviews on this item, I was on the fence about applying this to my shiny new iPod Touch (2G) 32GB. After all, it's an expensive gadget! Needless to say, I am very pleased with the outcome.
I ordered my 3-pack through Bargaincell and they do indeed cover the entire face with an upside-down "U" cut out in the bottom to make space for the tactile "Home" button. They are also crystal clear and do not impact the visual appearance of the LCD screen nor do they impact touchscreen sensitivity in any way (that I could notice, and I'm quite nit-picky).
I methodically install screen protectors on all of my gadgets the day I get them. So here are some tips I've come up with while applying this particular protector:
1. Try to do this under very bright lighting (such as under a desk lamp) so it's easier to see any stray dust.
2. Wash and dry your hands thoroughly before handling. Blow on your hands and rub them briskly together to remove any towel lint.
3. Use the included cleaning cloth with a drop or two of water to remove all existing residue and finger smudges.
4. One you remove the thin backing to expose the light adhesive, only handle the protector by the long edges. Making the letter "C", you should hold it in your hand as if holding a playing card (palm facing down).
5. Since the protector is very difficult to remove without damaging it, take the included smoothing card (or the edge of the backing you just removed) and place it under one corner because chances are, it WILL take several attempts to align the protector perfectly.
6. If you are correctly holding it at the long edges, the protector will bow downwards. Just before you apply it to the center of the iPod, gently blow across the iPod's screen to remove any dust particles that have landed over the past few seconds.
7. Slowly place the protector on the iPod's screen and allow to slowly flatten from the inside to the outer edges. Do not let go until the last possible moment. Fortunately, this protector is stiff enough to eliminate most (if not all) bubbles along the way.
8. If it is aligned to your satisfaction, gently remove the smoothing card from the corner. If not, use the card to gently peel up the protector and try again.
9. Once aligned, use the smoothing card to smooth out any stray bubbles near the edges.
10. Enjoy your protected iPod!