GUNNAR Computer Eyewear - Phenom Mint Frame
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Reduces Glare- Reduces glare and improves visual focus
- Sharpens Detail- Enhances detail for sharper, clearer vision
- Minimizes Eye Fatigue- Reduces visual stress and dry eyes
- Improves Focus- Helps your eyes focus more naturally protecting against fatigue
- Amber Tint- Specially formulated yellow tint conditions and shifts the color spectrum to provide superior contrast, detail and resolution.
- Ergonomic Fit- Lightweight frame and adjustable nose pads for comfort and style
- 20/20 Ready- Ready-to-wear for users with 20/20 or 20/20 corrected vision
- RX Compatible- Custom Prescription available through GUNNAR's prescription program with Carl Zeiss Vision www.gunnars.com/rx
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Finished to exacting specifications and machine polished with high velocity micro particulates, the engineering behind PHENOM is only outdone by one thing... its artistic style. Micro-engineered lenslocks add both flexibility and flair. An exercise in creative contrast.
From the Manufacturer
Your eyes are tired...staring at a computer for hours and hours takes its toll. The common solutions for handling eyestrain require you to modify your work habits or take numerous breaks throughout the day. They're all patchy fixes that pull you away from your work. So take your choice...digital eye fatigue or less productivity.
There is a better technology driven solution that works with and enhances properties of the human eye. Gunnar digital eyewear increases visual performance, prevents Digital Eye Fatigue (DEF) and protects against full-blown Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS). It all begins with i-AMP lens technology -- an optical platform that incorporates proprietary lens materials, lens tints, lens coatings, and lens geometry. Gunnar digital performance eyewear is engineered for an immediate and profound visual advantage and now even the most demanding computer users are more productive and more effective for longer periods of time. Gunnar Digital Performance Eyewear -- the must have digital performance equipment for your digital lifestyle.
Subtle style meets high performance in the Attache collection. The Phenom design features a frame made of lightweight Mg-Al alloy treated to a rich anodized finish. And treat yourself to added comfort with adjustable nose pads and resilient spring hinges -- perfect for people who need to put on and remove their glasses frequently.
i-FI lens coatings
i-Fi lens coatings filter and protect. Our proprietary nano-filters help capture all of the good light coming from the computer screen while diffusing the bad reflective light and glare. The outer coating provides a protective layer that shields the lens from scratching, abrasion, and oxidation damage.
fRACTYL lens geometry
Computer generated fRACTYL lens geometry mimics nature through advanced science and engineering. Aiding the natural focusing power of the cornea, our lens geometry eases eyestrain caused by near distance computer viewing. fRACTYL lens geometry uses independently curved front and back surfaces to provide unparalleled distortion-free optics. Fused with Gunnar frames, the tightly arced lenses form a personal ocular microclimate that prevents dry eyes.
iONik lens tints
iONik lens tints take harsh artificial light and precisely tune it to match the anatomy of the eye. Our custom organic dye compounds condition and shift transmitted light into the preferred color spectrum, increasing visual contrast, detail and resolution. Edges of screen pixilated images read more easily and interfering blue light is reduced -- ultimately your eyes are less fatigued.
diAMIX lens material
No existing lens material had all the properties we needed. So we gave our lab techs the task of developing the lightest, most optically pure lens material possible. Beating out polycarbonate on the toughness scale and rivaling the undisputed optics of ground glass, diAMIX is the next generation of lens materials for those that demand the highest optical qualities.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I haven't used them for precision gaming. A weird side effect is that they magnify things ever so slightly, so I imagine this would help. It certainly helps make text more clear at work.
I wish I could give a more thorough review but it's hard to tell. They are a little expensive, but the color/model that I got was substantially cheaper than 100 dollars which is what they go for at BestBuy, etc. You will want to get a hard case for these...The drawbag that came with them makes me too nervous they'll be stepped on.
I use these for work and for many things to rest the eye view, its a great choice.
Comes with a box (not holder} the frame is really cool and pretty good material.
Hope this can help you to decide you.
I didn't have much trouble adjusting to the yellowish tint the glasses have. As I type this while wearing them, I barely notice it. They are light and comfortable and have springs in the temple hinges which is now a must. They feel sturdy and I have no scratches on the lenses. And I must say, the box they came in was incredible! The only packaging I've seen that out-classes Gunnar are my Beats Pro by Dr. Dre (For $400 they better also do my homework but alas...) and something from an expensive jeweler (just something I saw, I'm still very much single ladies, LOL).
I'm completely happy with mine and would suggest them to anyone who sits infront of a screen of any type for hours.
After trying them on and putting them through long stretches (including an all-nighter on the laptop, I'd say they really do work. The screen has a more natural appearance; the poster who said it now looks more incandescent than fluorescent basically nailed it. It's much less glaring, and I did notice reduced (really non-existent) eye strain when I put them on. You really notice the difference once you take them off; I found myself saying, "Wow--I had to put up with that screen for 3 years!"
The screen looks slightly larger with the glasses, but it's not a huge difference. I should note that I'm somewhat nearsighted, and I understand that the glasses are meant for those with perfect vision. Actually, they fit pretty well over my regular glasses (which are quite small), so that wasn't a problem.
I do recommend these for anyone who spends a good amount of time on their computer, especially in the evening hours. Now you won't have to dim your screen to avoid straining your eyes. Perhaps I'm not as ecstatic about them as some of the 5-star reviewers, but they definitely make a difference.
1) Stylistically, it is well balanced proportionally - frame is not too thick, but not too thin to the point where it feels flimsy (like the Rocket). It is one of the more conservative ones which I like, but it still has subtle contours to make it look more stylized.
2) For people with wider heads, this feels comfortable. I referred to the dimensions on the Gunnar website which serves as a good starting point, but it's still hard to get it spot on. These are ever so slightly big on my face. You can't expect them to stay on while doing jumping jacks (not that I tried that), but for computer applications it's totally fine.
3) I got the amber tint lens and Mint green frame, and the combination of those two is gnarly. The green is a pretty deep metallic green where it looks close to black in dim lighting, but really pops in well lit places.