Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Gaggia 1003380 Accademia Espresso Machine" and save 58% off the $2,999.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Gaggia 1003380 Accademia Espresso Machine
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Adjustable telescopic coffee dispenser with a maximum height of a little over 6-1/2-inch to accommodate a wide variety of cup sizes
- Ceramic burr grinder with integrated bean hopper and double lid aroma saver
- Integrated coffee grounds container, removable from the front. Supported coffee types-Ground coffee,Whole coffee beans.
- Brita Filter compatible . Programmable coffee quantity - from 7 to 10-cup
- Pre-brewing system for maximum flavor extraction
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Rise through the ranks with the Gaggia Accademia, a smartly appointed super automatic espresso machine, whose charming good looks and responsive performance are sure to earn it place at the top of its class. With a contemporary stainless-steel front panel, durable metal frame, and a bright display, the Accademia embodies refined design aesthetics. Anchored by one-touch, programmable push-button controls for espresso, hot water and milk outputs, the Accademia dispenses perfect beverages on demand. Just select your desired beverage from one of seven dedicated buttons capable of delivering the following drinks: espresso, caffe, caffe lungo, cappuccino, latte, Latte macchiato and hot water.
Top customer reviews
What I Like:
- The machine is fully adjustable by coffee strength, milk amount, water amount, etc. You can even adjust these settings on the fly via the color screen.
- The machine is bomb-proof. Another reviewer noted that there is still a lot of plastic and yes this is true (although much less so than in Jura machines), but the machine is all metal where it counts. In the in-store demo, the demonstrator lifted the machine by its hinges to show how well it is constructed. This machine will undoubtedly hold up to years of use.
- The machine has a "sealed" bean container that keeps the beans fresher that other brands of super-automatics that lack this feature.
- The automatic frothing container could not be any easier to use. You snap it in a press a button. It automatically cleans itself after use and any leftover milk can be left in the container and refrigerated for next use eliminating waste.
- Machine rinses itself before and after every use, so there is no "old" coffee taste when you brew your next cup.
- The quality of coffee is amazing! This machine produces coffee very close the the Pasquini semi-automatic at my office. The quality is much better than my Jura machines.
- The Mavea water filter removes the chlorine taste from tap water and lessens the amount of maintenance you must perform on the machine.
- The adjustable coffee "spout". One of my biggest complaints with the Jura machines is that you aren't able to fit a proper sized cup under the automatic spout. You're limited to cups about 4" in height. Because of the nearly infinite adjustments available on this machine, my 16 oz to-go mug fits no problem.
- The built-in frothing wand. Most of the milk that comes out of super-automatic machines is not hot enough if the latte or cappuccino is not going to be consumed immediately. This is not a problem with this machine. If the milk is not hot enough simply activate the built in steaming wand and heat it up a few more degrees. This is one of the few fully automatic machines that has this feature.
- The ease of maintenance - my favorite feature by FAR. The brew-group is removable. Simply remove it from the machine and rinse it out. No expensive trips back to the manufacturer for cleaning.
What I don't:
- The price. This machine is very expensive. If you have couple-of-times-a-day trip to S'bux like I did, then the machine will pay for itself in about a year. However, it still in the same ball park as a lot of nice used cars.
- The pickiness with coffee beans. With super-automatics you can not use beans that are oily AT ALL. This limits my bean choice and I am unable to use the beans of some of my favorite artisan coffee roasters.
- The frequency of emptying the internal and external drip trays as well as spent coffee pucks. The machine has two trays and an internal coffee grounds drawer and they have to be emptied at least every other day or about after every five coffees. The Jura-Capressos had very large drip trays and dump bins that only had to be emptied about once a week. This can be annoying if you're in a hurry in the morning and the machine flashes this message before you can brew a coffee.
- The small water tank. This tank is very well designed, but it must be refilled after about 6 coffees. My Jura machines would brew about 20.
My complaints are very few and after using this machine for over 6 months, I couldn't be happier. Even with the high price, I believe I got exactly what I paid for - a well-built machine that easily brews quality coffee and coffee drinks with ease of use and little maintenance. I would highly recommend this machine to anyone l who loves coffee, but doesn't want to grind, tamp, brew espresso, and froth milk manually. Within 30 seconds, you can have a coffee drink that rivals that of all but the best baristas.
This is ABSOLUTELY the most amazing Coffee machine that does everything for you, all you have to do is put coffee beans, clean it once a day and add water! The best investment for coffee lovers!
It is the best looking machine.
It makes excellent drinks.
To those who complain about "too much plastic": the machine is heavy as it is (42 pounds). I wouldn't want more metal.
To those who complain about small water tank, etc: again: the machine is heavy as it is (42 pounds).
To those who complain about service: I had called Gaggia in a couple of occasions and they were very helpful.
In summary, this machine is amazing and will look beautiful on your kitchen counter.