Gaiam Backless Balance Ball Chair - 52cm Stability Ball Home & Office Desk Chair with Inflation Pump
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The same balance ball and chair as our best-selling alternative desk chair created by leading health & fitness experts to improve back health and core strength, but without the back support bar, encouraging better posture throughout the day
- Featuring the same yoga ball as the exercise guide, this chair helps to build a healthier core, align the spine, relieve back pain and stiffness, boost energy levels and increase productivity with an active body and a focused and engaged mind
- Designed for users 5' to 5'11" tall and fits most standard-height desks. For a taller chair, add 2 inches with Gaiam's compatible leg extenders, sold separately. 300-pound weight capacity.
- Color: Blue. Includes: removable 52-centimeter exercise ball, an air pump, an adjustable metal support bar, 4 easy-glide casters (2 back wheels lockable), and a desktop exercise guide to stay active
- It may be necessary to re-inflate the ball after initial inflation, allowing the ball’s material to stretch to its final size. Inflate ball with air, let stand for 24 hours, deflate 50% then fill again to 52cm height.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The Fitness Revolution is here. At Gaiam we know Fitness. We know a good flow when we’re in one. For over 25 years we’ve been making fitness part of our lives. And that’s why each Gaiam product is designed, sourced and produced with your needs in mind. We were there for your first 'rollup', and we’ll be there for everything that comes next. So you can say yes to a better you.
Say yes to a better you.
Gaiam Backless Classic Balance Chair
The Gaiam Backless Classic Balance Ball Chair greatly alleviates the aching back/legs/arms syndrome that comes from sitting at a desk for hours. Also helps to strengthen core, relieve pain and promote proper spinal alignment, posture, a healthier back, and overall well-being.
Designed for users between 5-feet and 5-feet, 11-inches tall, this unique chair employs the same ball and chair as the Classic Gaiam Balance Ball Chair, but without the adjustable back support bar.
- The same balance ball and chair as our best-selling chair, but without the adjustable back support bar
- Helps build a healthier back, align the spine, relieve pain, and improve your overall well-being
- Includes removable 52-centimeter Balance Ball, air pump, two secure metal ball holders, and four lockable easy-glide caster wheels
- Designed for users 5-feet to 5-feet, 11-inches tall; 300-pound weight capacity
- Note: for optimal performance, it may be necessary to re-inflate your new Balance Ball once or twice after the initial inflation
Classic Balance Ball Chair
Backless Balance Ball Chair
Custom Fit Adjustable Balance Ball Chair
Balance Ball Stool
Kids Balance Ball Chair
Classic Chair Replacement Ball
|Recommended Height||5'0" to 5'11"||5'0" to 5'11"||5'0" to 5'11"||Adjusts from 18” to 23” (High Rise adjusts from 23" to 31" or 33")||3'6" to 4'3"||5'0" to 5'11"|
|Features/Benefits||Adjustable back support bar, secure metal ball holder, and easy-glide caster wheels (2 lockable).||The same balance ball and chair as our best-selling Classic Chair, but without the adjustable back support bar.||Adjustable legs and cushioned back with a stable, secure metal base and easy-glide, lockable castor wheels.||Stable, 360 degree swivel base for easy movement. Improve core strength, enhance focus and promote healthy posture.||Perfect for at home or in the classroom and promotes a healthy posture while keeping the mind focused and engaging the body.||Promotes proper spinal alignment and increases core strength when used with the chair. Perfect for core workouts and stretching routines when used alone.|
|Includes||Includes air pump and a desktop exercise guide to help you get started.||Includes air pump, two secure metal ball holders, easy-glide lockable caster wheels and a desktop exercise guide to help you get started.||Includes air pump, desktop stretching and strengthening guide, and a DVD with three 20-minute workouts and three ten-minute 'express routines'.||Includes lightweight lockable, easy-glide caster wheels and easy inflation pump. High Rise model features a circular foot rest.||Includes air pump, adjustable back support bar, secure metal ball holder, and easy-glide caster wheels (2 lockable), air pump.||Available in a variety of colors and made exclusively to fit the Gaiam Classic Balance Ball Chair.|
This revolutionary desk chair will change the way you sit. Designed with a work-life balance in mind, the Backless Gaiam Balance Ball Chair provides all-day ergonomic support for a healthier back and stronger core. This exercise ball chair was created by Gaiam with the help of chiropractic pioneer Dr. Randy Weinzoft. This stability ball chair alleviates the aching arms, restless legs, and aching back pain that comes from sitting at a desk for hours by promoting micro movements and engaging your core throughout the day. Without a back rest, the backless balance ball chair encourages great posture while seated and leads to less back pain and a healthier spine. Feel better at your workplace by using this alternative chair that promotes wellness throughout the day. This unique office chair is designed for people between 5' - 5'11" for use at any standard desk. For users that may need an extra boost, the Gaiam Leg Extenders add 2 inches in height to the chair. Please note that for the ball to fit perfectly in the base, it may be necessary to re-inflate the ball once or twice after initial inflation.
- 1 Classic yoga ball that can be taken out of the chair base and used separately for exercises.
- 4 Easy-glide caster wheels (2 lockable)
- 1 Adjustable metal support bar
- 1 Air pump
- 1 Desk chair exercise guide for activating your sit in the home or office
Gaiam is a leading lifestyle brand with a mission to make yoga, fitness, and well-being accessible to all. Gaiam was created as a lifestyle company with the vision that, given a choice, people would choose a lifestyle that is healthy and life enhancing, for themselves, their families and the Earth. The Gaiam wellness, yoga, meditation, and recovery lifestyle is a vote for individual health as well as the future sustainability of the Earth's resources. Gaiam strives to provide customers with alternatives to traditional products by offering natural or healthy versions that compare with the style, quality and price of conventional products.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The chrome bar, which holds the ball on the base, sheared off at the threads that screw into the plastic. (See product images of chrome bars holding bar.)
2. I do not exceed the height or weight capacity. (M, 5' 10'' 168#)
3. The other bar is showing signs of torquing/bending as well.
I still use the ball but have to be extra careful not to roll off the base when I move around my desk. In hindsight, I should have purchased the other model with a back. It looks sturdier.
Gaiam Backless Balance Ball Chair, Charcoal
See the attached photos showing the broken vs. normal threads.
Like most similar balls, this has a hole in it and closes with a hard plastic plug. You fill it with air using the included pump and then make a fast move to shove the plug in.
1. Gaiam makes very sturdy balls, and this is no exception
2. The base is nice and sturdy plastic and the wheels are top quality
3. The included pump is the nicest I've seen in my collection of balls and included pumps.
1. Instructions are weak; they refer to a 22" ball, which this clearly is not. The instructions refer to 55cm or 22inches... the Amazon listing here mentions 52cm, which translates to 20.5 inches, and still seems larger than the ball size. Do not try to inflate this ball to 22".
2. Some of the balls I have came with plug removers, which might have been helpful here. I used the included mini-wrench for this.
3. There is no explanation for the extra set of holes in the base; my best guess is that these are for another set of options not included here.
1. You do have to assemble this, but mostly, that means blowing up the darned thing, which always seems like a project to me. I am not using the metal rails, so the only other thing I had to do is attach the casters.
2. Unsurprisingly, this chair does not move well on carpeting. It's much harder to move on carpeting than a regular office chair, 'cause you don't have the arms and back.
3. I usually end up splaying my legs when I sit in a chair like this; I'm not sure I'd want to sit in it if I were wearing a skirt.
4. As mentioned here and in the instructions, you will need to add more air after the ball has "settled" and periodically when you're using it.
5. The box and the ball itself say "Made in Taiwan."
1. I am 5'10" and have a 34 or 35" inseam. I expected this too be too short for me, but it seems to be about the right height. With regular balance balls, I need larger than "normal" size to sit at a comfortable height. (If you are shorter, you can put less air in the ball, up to a point.)
2. My dining room chairs have a seat height of 18", and I've added pillows to raise them to more like 19". This ball chair ends up with a seat height of 22", though since it deforms when you sit on it, it's more like 20".
3. I am not using the metal ball rails; I feel like those were added so they don't get sued or something. I don't think you really need them and I think they are aesthetically annoying. They should have at least made them black.
Update: After letting the ball rest after the initial inflation, I was able to put quite a bit more air in. I think I could have gotten it up to 20.5", but it's more like 20" right now. (I think it might be overinflated, though; it's not deforming much when I sit on it.) This is too high a seat height for me (and since it's not deforming much, I'm not even sitting on a flat surface, which is weird), so I removed some air.
So, okay, I have some criticisms, but I still think this chair is top notch, and I'm happy to have it.
Original: I see great potential for the health benefits! I've used Balance Balls in the past as chairs, never with a chair base.
BUT the wheel locks engage automatically so I cannot roll around, I get stuck and jerk around which is really bad for my neck and back.
Any idea how to avoid this, or why this happens?
Just took it out of the box this morning (3 hours ago) and hope there is a remedy for this problem.
Also, the pump is difficult to use as it does not stay in the 'inflation hole'. I had to cap it off with my mouth. Not a huge problem, just an FYI. Find your own inflation resources...
Will update with improvements or if seller/manufacturer responds with solution.