Gaiam Classic Balance Ball Chair – Exercise Stability Yoga Ball Premium Ergonomic Chair for Home and Office Desk with Air Pump, Exercise Guide and Satisfaction Guarantee
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$10.00 (13%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- ALTERNATIVE DESK CHAIR: Created by health and fitness experts to improve overall well-being and provide an active flexible seating outlet that promotes proper alignment and relives back pain and soreness associated with sitting for long periods of time
- BOOST ENERGY & FOCUS: Micro-movements from sitting on a balance ball chair work to engage the body and mind, leading to higher energy levels and increased productivity and focus at home, in the classroom at school or at your desk in the office
- RECOMMENDED USER HEIGHT: Designed for users 5 feet to 5 feet 11 inches tall and fits most standard height desks. For a taller chair, add 2 inches with the Gaiam Leg Extenders (Sold Separately) Weight Capacity = 300lbs
- BALL CHAIR INCLUDES: Removable 52cm Exercise Ball, Chair Base, Support Bar, Metal Ball Holder, 4 Easy-Glide Caster Wheels (2 lockable), Air Pump, Desktop Exercise Guide (Minor Assembly/Setup Required – see packaging for details) Weight = 13lbs.
- INFLATION NOTICE: It may be necessary to re inflate the ball after initial inflation to allow the ball’s material to stretch to its final size. Inflate ball with air, let stand for 24 hours, deflate 50%, then fill again to 52cm height
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Available in a variety of colors
The Fitness Revolution is here. At Gaiam we know Fitness. We know a good flow when we’re in one. For over 25 years we’ve been making fitness part of our lives. And that’s why each Gaiam product is designed, sourced and produced with your needs in mind. We were there for your first 'rollup', and we’ll be there for everything that comes next. So you can say yes to a better you.
Say yes to a better you.
Gaiam Classic Balance Ball Chair
This revolutionary desk chair will change the way you sit. Designed with a work-life balance in mind, the Gaiam Balance Ball Chair, created with the help of chiropractic pioneer Dr. Randy Weinzoft, provides the all-day ergonomic support needed while sitting for long duration.
Feel better at your workplace by utilizing this alternative chair solution that encourages wellness and helps to soothe the aches and pains that come from sitting at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Promotes micro movements and constant stimulation of the body - the mind will experience a heightened sense focus and concentration
- Designed for users 5-feet to 5-feet, 11-inches tall; 300-pound weight capacity
- For users that may require a little extra boost, the Gaiam Leg Extenders add 2 inches of height to your chair
- For best results, it may be necessary to re-inflate your new Balance Ball once or twice after the initial inflation
Activate Your Sit
Developed under the consultation of chiropractic pioneer Dr. Randy Weinzoff, this chair works to ease any discomfort that comes from sitting at a desk for hours.
Improve Overall Well-Being
Helps to provide relief and promote increased energy, focus, an overall well-being.
Great Alternative to a Traditional Office Desk Chair
The Balance Ball Chair is an effective alternative to a traditional office chair by providing an outlet to sit both intently and comfortably.
Designed for users 5-feet to 5-feet, 11-inches tall; 300 pound weight capacity.
This unique chair employs the same balance ball used in your workout routine, but with a back support bar, four easy-glide caster wheels (2 locking back and 2 regular front), secure metal ball holder, an air pump, and a desktop guide to help keep you moving.
The height of the back of the chair is 2.5 feet tall. The base measures 20 inches wide from one side of the wheels to the other. Some basic assembly required.
For best results, it may be necessary to re-inflate your new Balance Ball once or twice after the initial inflation allowing the ball a day or two to 'stretch' to its final size (which should then fit perfectly in the base).
Inflate ball with air, let stand for 24 hours, deflate 50% then fill again to 52cm height.
|Classic Balance Ball Chair||Ultimate Balance Ball Chair||Backless Classic Balance Ball Chair||Custom Fit Adjustable Balance Ball Chair||Balance Ball Stool||Kids Balance Ball Chair|
|Recommended Height||5'0" to 5'11"||5'0" to 5'11"||5'0" to 5'11"||5'0" to 5'11"||Adjusts from 18” to 23” (High Rise adjusts from 23" to 31" or 33")||3'6" to 4'3"|
|Features/Benefits||Back support bar, secure metal ball holder, and easy-glide caster wheels (2 lockable)||Combining both comfort and ergonomic back support into one, this new and improved premium yoga ball chair makes for a great alternative to any traditional desk chair||The same balance ball and chair as our best-selling Classic Chair, but without the adjustable back support bar||Adjustable legs and cushioned back with a stable, secure metal base and easy-glide, lockable castor wheels||Stable, 360 degree swivel base for easy movement||Perfect for at home or in the classroom to keep the mind focused and body engaged|
This revolutionary desk chair will change the way you sit. Designed with a work-life balance in mind, the Gaiam Balance Ball Chair, created with the help of chiropractic pioneer Dr. Randy Weinzoft, provides the all-day ergonomic support needed while sitting for long duration. Feel better at your workplace by utilizing this alternative chair solution that encourages wellness and helps to soothe the aches and pains that come from sitting at a desk for extended periods of time. By promoting micro movements and constant stimulation of the body, the mind will experience a heightened sense of focus and concentration. This unique office desk chair is designed for users between 5' - 5'11" and fits most standard size desks. For users that may require a little extra boost, the Gaiam Leg Extenders add 2 inches of height to your chair. Please note that for the ball to fit perfectly in the base, it may be necessary to re-inflate the ball once or twice after initial inflation.
- 1 Classic yoga ball (52cm) that can be taken out of the chair base and used separately for exercises.
- 4 Easy-glide caster wheels (2 lockable)
- 1 Adjustable metal support bar
- 1 Air pump
- 1 Desk chair exercise guide for activating your sit in the home or office
Gaiam is a leading lifestyle brand with a mission to make yoga, fitness, and well-being accessible to all. Gaiam was created as a lifestyle company with the vision that, given a choice, people would choose a lifestyle that is healthy and life enhancing, for themselves, their families and the Earth. The Gaiam wellness, yoga, meditation, and recovery lifestyle is a vote for individual health as well as the future sustainability of the Earth's resources. Gaiam strives to provide customers with alternatives to traditional products by offering natural or healthy versions that compare with the style, quality and price of conventional products.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Once it's at room temp, stretch the ball material away, so the sides aren't sticking together. Inflate as much as it will go, YES IT WILL LOOK SMALL! Wait about 24 hours, release about 50% of the air, and refill again. This time you'll notice that it's gotten a lot bigger. If it still doesn't fit like the photos show, make sure your back rest is facing the right way. This material can take a while to stretch out.
Even if you choose to not read the instructions, the assembly is incredibly easy. At first, I was afraid that it would be too low, however if you follow the instructions on properly inflating the ball, it's actually at a perfect height for my desk. Im 5'4"
When seated, whether I'm more toward the front or up against the backrest, I immediately notice a difference in my posture. I have had an out-of-place SI joint and constant spine problems for years now. If you sit at a desk all day, this really helps to alleviate any pressure on your sacroiliac joints, along with the sacrum itself.
Since I have experience using an exercise ball as a chair, I still sit on this chair with the missing bar. However, a handful of times the chair has shot out from underneath me because the ball started to roll out of the base - and I use this chair at work directly atop hard wood flooring. I would highly recommend this chair for "desk jockeys" as it does encourage good posture and helps strengthen my core and lumbar regions. However, I would wait to see when/if Gaiam begins using higher quality material for the "metal" bar.
Overall not a bad concept on design.. It's just really poorly built and made with extremely cheap material.
I bought this chair on July 10, 2016 and received 2 days afterward via prime. Here I am writing this review with a broken chair on September 21, 2016 - see attached pictures for poor quality material. These low quality "Made in China" bolts & parts have a mean time before failure of ~2 months.
I warn against buying this chair, especially at such a high price point. Yes, I am a sucker.. I fell for it!! They are probably making a killing off of these things while leveraging economies of scale!! Gai-WHAMMMMM! Just got smacked by the profit train -_-
Additionally this chair does not even provide back support as it claims "ergo." When you try to lean back/"butt up" in order to gain a fixed posture the chair back is made of cheap plastic and is affixed to more cheap plastic so the chair just leans back and provides no support.
Overall I'm very disappointed by the quality of this chair. You live and you learn. In other news, I have a used Gaiam chair for sale!!!
(EDIT: to show the "yoga ball" is approximately the size as a ball toy for a 1 year old baby)
Top international reviews
Unfortunately the seller will not accept a return on this item as I have apparently used it for 1 day so if you do feel you wish to buy one after reading my review, please feel free to contact me, I have one for sale, I am in the UK
Ball has gone down.
Gaiam say that it’s not Guaranteed as I have had it for 24 months. Gosh glad I did not use it for exercise then !
You sit higher then a normal chair, so that means you would need a higher table. Normal desks/office tables are 70cm high. With this thing, you need a table of 85-90cm high.
Therefore I've bought a table with adjustable legs, the Ikea Galant. It's a perfect combination.
It is really worth trying this thing then expensive chairs with neck support.
Things he loves about his Balance Ball Chair:
- less pressure on his spin
- easy to set up
- easy to inflate
- the stretching guide (he does not use it but it is a nice touch)
- it is secure but still gentle on his body
Things to consider about this chair:
- need to be reflated every week or so (being used 5 days a week mind you)
- Although it is easy to inflate with the pump, it does take some physicality, so I wouldn't recommend someone who is physically unable to do so unless they had help
- on wheels so make sure you have a solid surface
- back rest is very far back, so it isn't quite usable - which is good because it encourages great posture!
This is a great
Product exactly as described so Bonus there.