Beauty Books with Buzz Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on December 6, 2009
I have been using Winsor Pilates Ab Sculping DVD for the past several years and really needed a new routine. Based on the other reviews, I decided to purchase this ball and DVD set. I would recommend this set if you've struggled with other pilates ab exercises, as the ball really does help you properly align and tone your core. However, I would not recommend this to a seasoned pilates exerciser, as you may not be challenged enough. Ana Caban's moves are fresh to me, and I found that I prefer Ana's variations on many moves such as Teasers and Rolling Like a Ball over Mari Winsor's moves. Ana's instruction is very easy to understand, and I enjoy the one-on-one feel to this DVD over the Winsor studio DVDs. As with most Gaiam DVDs, the scenery is beautiful and the music selection is inspiring. I will probably buy more of Ana Caban's pilates DVDs in the future, as I was very pleased with this one but it's not challenging enough for me. I usually follow this routine with about 40 minutes of yoga. Lastly, I gave this set 4 stars because the ball was not the same size as the one Ana is using in the DVD. The one I received was 6 inches as described, but Ana's looks to be closer to 7.5 inches. Using a smaller ball does make the workout more difficult, which is good, but may be disappointing for other users.
30 people found this helpful
on April 8, 2013
I've done pilates yoga videos in the past, not straight pilates. This was a good, quick workout at just over 30 minutes. There is no warm-up though. It went quickly from one move to the next, with not a second to spare, which is good if you are in great shape, but I needed 5 seconds to take a breathe at times! I have vestibular migraines (they are migraines that make you dizzy) and on an OK day, I did this video for the first time. By the time we got to the legs portion (laying down on side about half way through) I was quite dizzy. I pushed to get through the workout, but haven't done it since. I'm not sure if it was the positions that really triggered the dizziness, or if I just had a bad day. The ball being smaller than what she used in the video did not bother me. I would recommend this and although it is not hard core, if you aren't experienced, be prepared for a decent workout!
on June 16, 2013
The ball is almost like a personal trainer. You have to keep correct alignment in order to stabilize it. Plus it is fun to use and adds variety. However, the ball packaged with the video is smaller than the one used in the video. It is pretty cheap, but should last as you are not throwing the ball or anything. You just hold it. It worth the money for the workout dvd.
on November 18, 2013
I haven't had a chance to use this yet, but feel it will become a good exercise that I can do once a week on top of the other routines I have planned.
The ball was smaller then I expected, but the DVD shows you how to use it and it shows you how to do the exercises without it. I plan on buying a bigger ball and and borrowing a DVD from our library that shows how to use it.
on September 2, 2009
This is my workout for days when i'm just too tired to do my full routine. It's easy to follow the instructor, and the exercises themselves are fairly easy as well. The dvd is about 20-30 minutes long.

Note that the ball itself is not heavy (as i was expecting). It's just a regular pilates ball which is filled with air.
11 people found this helpful
on February 6, 2013
I really thought it would be a much more pliable ball but it's very rigid and sadly, I don't get any use out of it as a result.
on November 19, 2015
Good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on June 23, 2013
It's a ball and a DVD. DVD is a good workout. Many have commented that the ball needs to be bigger and softer. Well, it's fine. It's not the soft squishy ball that I use in my pilates class, but it works just fine. Glad I bought this product.
on March 20, 2013
The ball itself is well-made, but it also seems much too small to use for ab exercises. Also, the DVD is completely worthless if you purchase this particular ball. The instructor in the DVD has a much bigger and squishier ball. The one in this kit is not big enough and too firm to do most of the moves in the DVD correctly.
on March 25, 2013
The ball is quite hard to fill though and the workout gets too repetitive early on. But it wasn't for me, it was for my daughter and she loves it!
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.