& FREE Shipping. Details
Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- Gorgeous anime-styled rail-shooter action. Use your targeting cursor to fend off the advancing girls!
- Story Mode: Play through the story and see if you can successfully confess your feelings to the girl of your dreams
- Score Attack: Play specific levels to achieve the highest scores
- Doki-Doki Mode: This is for when it's time to break out the big guns! Turn the girls' happiness up to 11 with this heart-throbbing technique as you aim for the coveted 'Double Peace' result!
- Choose your own love interest. Your choices will change the story and the path you take throughout the game
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
When Hodai, the portrait of an uninteresting normal student, is shot by a cupid angel named Ekoro, he becomes immensely popular - in the blink of an eye every girl at the academy becomes insanely hot for him. But being irresistible to the ladies is hardly a dream come true. Every love letter, shout of adulation or advancing kisses will drain his energy. He has to stay strong - because if Hodai doesn't find his one true love by the end of the day, he will become cursed and destined to be forever alone. Fend off the other girls by using Hodai' s 'pheromone shot', a power granted to him by Ekoro that sends the advancing hordes of girls into fits of ecstasy! Only by keeping them at bay can he find his true love and confess to her.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Game play is simple, but with a few twists. The game is essentially a rail shooter where the protagonist tries to keep legions of adoring girls at bay. In addition, there is the so-called "doki doki mode" where, after warding off a number of girls, a petting mini-game can be launched; winning the mini-game yields a boost in the protagonist's stats. Additionally, a number of girls will make requests that can be fulfilled by finding hidden items.
Two levels of difficulty are available, and the main character must decide who his true love is. The choice here will yield different cut scenes and mini-games with that particular character as the game progresses. Four routes seem to be available, and after playing for about three hours (about half of one route), I estimate that each route will take 5-6 hours. This plus the arcade mode should ensure plenty of replay value.
There are, however, some quirks that could impact one's enjoyment of the game. The load times are extremely long; in particular it takes over a minute to launch the game! Further, the menu gives a Japanese or English option. Selecting Japanese will cause all of the menus to be displayed in Japanese, so seeing the menus in Japanese characters was an unpleasant surprise! Fortunately, the English option keeps the Japanese voices, but simply keeps the menus in Japanese. Also, the stat boosts in Doki Doki mode seem pretty random.
However, the good exceeds the bad, and GalGun is a fun little niche title. The game certainly looks good on the Vita and there seems to be plenty of replay value. Thus, if you are looking for a rail shooter with more cute anime-styled girls than you can shake a stick at, I'd highly recommend this game.
While this game may come off as being perverted in the sense that you're firing hormone bullets with the intention being to get young girls to orgasm in order to get them to stop chasing you... I still say that it shouldn't be shunned. The game features no graphic imagery, and the worst it gets is "unsettling" during the touch-screen portions (Vita Version) of the game where you have to rub specific parts of the girls.
The gameplay is simple: Lots and lots of girls want to express their love for you via love letters, kissing, punching you (it's a fetish, I guess?) or yelling their affections openly (all of which as taken as damage in the game). The reason for this mass-affection is that your character has been accidentally hit with an overpowered cupids arrow (or, in this case, some sort of bullet). The angel that hit you, as a way of apology, decides to show you how to fight off the girls using the same power you've been cursed by. The reason being: You must find the girl you truly care for and let her know your feelings or you'll be stuck with whichever random girl successfully grabs you.
True horror, I know.
The story has multiple paths (up to 8 or so? This is based on memory) and is incredibly wacky and cute while keeping the perverted stuff to a tame degree. While there is some odd DLC available for the game, I'd recommend NOT buying it as it adds nothing to the gameplay. (Read: Nothing.)
There are some major reasons for my 3 star rating, so I'll list them below:
- The loading times for this game are AWFUL. If you switch screens to ANYTHING at all you will load for a while. New level, shop screen, point screen, setting new options in the menu... you name it, you load it. Poorly optimized.
- The aiming controls are awkward and bad. The cursor either moves too slow or too fast, and with it being on a Vita I'd have expected to be able to either using the Vita's motion controls for aiming, OR the touch screen for shooting. Neither are allowed for able to be used.
- The game is not PSTV compatible. With it having a PS4 version, it definitely should have been.
- The game is very short per path. Each stage lasts 1-2 minutes, tops, and there aren't many stages before the final boss in the path chosen. You realistically spent more time loading than playing in some situations.
- The auto-moving camera moves far too erratically to allow for quick reflexes or aiming of any kind. This means that you can easily miss items that you were fully expecting and waiting for, despite playing a stage several times over attempting to get it.
- With that, there is no easy way to replay any given stage. You cannot pause and retry a stage, you cannot choose to attempt that stage a second time after finishing it, and you cannot go backwards on the timeline while on a story path. Replaying a stage is a no-go.
- Finally, there isn't much extra content to collect or do other than the main gameplay. Collecting girl's files gives next to nothing and is of little importance. The stats in the game matter little, and there aren't any unlockable costumes, accessories, bonus modes or sound tests to speak of. You unlock next to nothing.
There are several more nitpicks about the game, but those are the major ones. The game is cute, but I don't truly recommend it to anyone.
5.5 / 10 - Vita Version.