Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

on January 25, 2013
I like Rappelz, it's gameplay is enjoyable and has some fun collectable in game items that make it compelling to play.
The Deluxe Package did not give all the time/items listed. Namely the Hidden Village Pass was only 8 days, not 14. This is misleading and upsetting. There were "bonus items" not listed on this page that included additional items such as more Stamina Savers and Animal Crackers, etc. This package should also list that most, if not all of the items listed here are non-tradeable, non sellable items. You do get your money's worth, in my opinion, but I don't enjoy being misled and left feeling slighted over a purchase on Amazon.com for the Rappelz game.
2 helpful votes
on November 4, 2012
The actual game itself is really enjoyable, but for some reason this product has issues being installed. If one is unable to install the game even after waiting three minutes, try the actual website for gpotato which works better. The issue with the installing is why I rated two stars. The actual game would get at least a three-four star rating in how it is played.
on February 24, 2013
This is a worthless purchase. I bought 2 before I looked at my account and found that nothing except the pets are able to be traded. The 14 day Hidden Village pass that came with tis for some reason, even after purchasing TWO (2 x 14 = 28) expired after 11 days.

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PACK!
on February 10, 2013
Rappelz is, in my opinion, a wonderful game, currently epic 8.1. The large selection of classes makes it nearly impossible to not find one that is enjoyable to play as. This being said, some classes are very different once at rank 7(level 150+), I suggest studying up before making the important choice that will define the game for a player. In Rappelz, one can pay for gpotatos, gala-net's way of making money in exchange for in-game items. These can make the game EXTREMELY more enjoyable/easier. Although, even with vast wealth, Rappelz requires a player to engage with other players, dungeon parties are a wonderful way to level with others and collecting good lewtz. Overall, I would say Rappelz is not for an impatient player, it takes work and lots of farming to be the best of the best. Reaping the rewards is oh so sweet, though, and VERY fun to play with in your inventory :D I believe that 4 stars is appropriate because Rappelz is an awesome game with flaws, there is always away to work around them though :D
2 helpful votes
3 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on May 4, 2013
the items(ss crackers,growth pots) are non tradeable on top of that it is only 20 days of hv, the wings are timed...its pretty much the nontradeable items the part that makes it not worth it
on February 27, 2013
Took too long to download this - so glad it was free. Just abandoned it in the end, and so I can't really give any good input on the game itself.
on May 15, 2013
Its instantly in the game account. They also gave me free HV and other stuff like SS and AC. It was nice.
on February 14, 2013
unfortunately, could never get online with this game so i never played this one as it really is not in my style of playing.
on July 29, 2012
Maybe I'm too old to enjoy these kinds of games properly, but I'm not sure how much time I'm actually going to spend on this one. It's interesting, but it's frustrating and I'm not talking about the play of the game as much as the technical issues surrounding it. This is my second attempt at a PC MMO (the first was Stronghold Kingdoms yesterday; their technical issues as well as gameplay made me give up on it entirely.)

1. Expect a long download from Amazon. If you have a great connection, it won't be as long as mine was -- about 3 hours -- but it's a big file, so be aware of that.
2. When you hit the 'install' button -- nothing will happen. Don't give up. You might see an indication that the system is working for a little while, then that will go away and it will seem as though your computer gave up on the installation. Give it at least 3 minutes before trying again. I've put this on both my netbook and my desktop and it did the same thing to me both times, so it's not just my machine.
3. After installation, you can start the game. Which means another 10-20 minutes of downloading more content while it patches the software Amazon has downloaded.
4. Then it has to update the nProtect software that evidently has some sort of DRM like protection associated with it. This is (relatively) quick, though not immediate.
5. I then was able to create a character and start the game. Only to lose connection (this happened both on the netbook yesterday and the desktop today, so it's likely it will happen to others.)
6. So I started the game again. Much quicker, obviously, to get through the initial login process and for the nProtect to realize it had nothing else to download, but I had to create the character again and then start the game.

You pick a server to play on -- there are 4 which seem to be for people who are willing to engage in Player vs. Player situations, if they occur, 1 for people who really want to focus on the PVP aspect, and 1 for people who don't want to do PVP at all.

You might want to check online for walkthroughs, wikis, etc., to get an idea of what's going on before you actually go through the whole process, above.

Then you start the real game. Look for a guide who should be standing pretty close to where you appear. Look, also, for buttons to push to indicate that you've accepted a quest when you're talking to them -- you can talk to someone, go off and do the quest, and then come back to them but unless you remembered to push that button with the first conversation, they won't recognize that you've completed it. I also discovered I probably didn't want to do too much exploring of all the options on my own; I ended up in a Town and couldn't get back to the original area, so had to abandon a quest.

I did discover that you could delete your character and start over, so that's a plus in my book as I'm hoping following the quests all the way through will teach me how to get past some of the things I don't like.

It seems like an entertaining way to spend some time -- BUT -- I can't seem to figure out how to change the camera angles or the orientation of the character. So, if I want the character to go in a direction that is basically towards me, I'm taking teeny tiny steps in that direction as there's no obvious way for me to pull out and get a bigger view of the area. Double clicking on the small map does nothing but pull up a larger map, not tell your character that's where you want them to go. Then I requested help -- and got a popup window that wouldn't go away. Since it takes up a good 3/4 of the screen, it really wasn't something I could play around. And though I was able to move it enough to tell the program I wanted to quit, the program just ignored that instruction. I ended up going to the task manager and forcing the program to shut down. These kinds of technical issues make it very difficult to enjoy gameplay for me.

So......... it's free. At this time, July of 2012, Amazon has a special package deal when you go through them to download and start the game. It's got some potential in terms of the storyline. I'm expecting to play it some more and, perhaps, figure out ways to get it to do what I want. If you're willing to put up with the long implementation and have the time to futz with it (I guess, if you're going to play an MMO in the first place, you have the time, so maybe that should be the inclination to futz with it,) you should try it. How's that for an endorsement! :-)

Edited To Add: Figured out how to move camera angles -- hold down right button and move mouse. Now I have added motion sickness concerns to my list of problems with the game but removed some of the technical issues concerns. Also discovered that I now have two different characters -- one on a server that allows PVP and another on the server that doesn't. Which is probably why I had to create a different character; I probably moved to a different server. Still leaving at a 3 star review as it's still not moved to an "oh, I need to spend more time on this!" feeling for me.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
44 comments|Report abuse
on September 12, 2012
I started playing this game in late 2006 when Epic 3 was just released and was hooked on it through the end of 2007. I'm not entirely sure how much the game has changed over the years as I've only logged in a few times during the past 5 years but I think the fundamentals of the game should be the same. The main reason I stopped playing the game was that the server instability combined with the death penalty made progressing at the higher levels to be extremely frustrating.

I initially started on the Salamander server (now known as Naga) and tried out most of the classes with my main character being the Deva Priest. Unlike the Priests/Clerics of other fantasy MMOs, the Priests here can also get involved in melee fighting by wielding a 2-handed blunt weapon, in addition to the classic magic staff. This made it easier to survive solo on the above ground world map. However, venturing into the dungeons is something that a party is almost required for as the creatures are tougher and the action is fast paced. Some of my fondest memories of this game is spending hours in a single dungeon party, making slow progress towards the final boss, knowing that one small mistake can result in the entire party being overwhelmed.

When the Tanda server was created (now known as Fenrir), I moved over for a fresh start and spent more time playing as the other classes. Playing as with a pet class character was particularily interesting as your pet played a significant role in your play style. For example, your pet may be fighting in the front lines with the other party members, while your character supports all the party's pets from behind.

I had considered going back into the game over the years but each time I logged in, I still found the same server instabilities.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.