Galco KT224B Kingtuk Inside the Waistband Holster - RH, Black, fits Glock 17,19,22,23,26,27,31,32,33
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 100% Leather
- Fits Glock 17,19,22,23,26,27,31,32,33
- Right-Handed Holster
- Material: Napa Leather and Kydex
- Fits Belts up to 1 3/4"
- Made in the USA
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Galco's highly popular KingTuk tuckable IWB reigns supreme in comfort, speed, and versatility. The patented KingTuk provides the best of both worlds: a comfortable backing plate made of lined saddle leather with Napa leather front combined with a rigid Kydex holster pocket for a fast draw and easy holstering. Worn inside the waistband, the KingTuks removable metal belt clips (fitting belts up to 1 3/4") can be moved up or down in the corresponding holes in the leather, enabling the user to set the carry height and angle to suit their unique preferences. Made in the USA.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Pros (no particular order)
- can use with both my Glock 22 and 23
- trigger covered while holstered
- comfortable, after breakin and finding "just the right position" to wear, which is about 3:30 or so
Cons (no particular order)
- took time to get used to (experimenting with location/position, etc.)
- slightly less accessible vs my Blackhawk holster, but that's probably to be expected going from outside to inside the waistband
- sometimes requires 2 hands, one holding the holster in place and one to draw, perhaps based on the tightness of my belt.
Overall, I'm very satisfied with the holster, and would recommend it if you are looking for an inside the waistband type.
I have seen some comments about the clips not having enough tension or bending. The only issue I have had with the clips are if they fall on a seam of my pants where the material is too thick to allow the retention part of the clip to make "hook under" my belt. If this happens, the holster will come out partially with the pistol. This can be an issue with any holster that does not use belt loops.
I recently purchased a Glock 26 and use it with this holster. It fits a little looser since the leather has taken a set to my Glock 19. Retention is about the same while wearing the holster but a little too loose to pass the "upside down and shake test" used for IDPA retention (if you plan to use this holster for that, you might need 2 of them).
Overall I'm very happy with the KingTuk and have had a hard time finding a more comfortable holster. Even after purchasing some other more expensive hybrid IWB holsters I end up going back to using this one.
- reasonably comfortable, I didn't try any other IWB holsters so I can't compare.
- fits G26 as well as G17
- Adjustable cant
- the shiny black metal clips are a dead giveaway, and tend to squeak on leather belts. I end up tucking the front clip under the belt. I wish they made the clips not as visible. It would be a great idea if the clips were different, e.g. one metal and another plastic so they didn't scream "holster". Also they should offer J-clips.
This holster is comfortable but forget about putting it on without taking your pants down. Adjusting it's position on the belt is also neither quick nor easy without undoing your pants. I think there should be a J-clip option for lighter / smaller guns.
Well I have been using this for about a year and a half and now there is absolutely no retention. You turn the holster upside-down and the gun falls right out. So to summarize, the first 6 months you wear it it will be too tight, then you will have a 6 month "sweet spot", then you will have 6 months of being loose, then after that completely unusable.
I would give this a 1 star but it is so comfortable, I have to give it 2 stars. If the retention was adjustable then this would get a 5 star.
- very well made
- the leather is stitched around the perimeter
- the clips, brass thread inserts and screws are all high quality
- Kydex pocket is well formed (also see cons)
- after very little holstering/reholstering the slide action release was tearing up the top edge of the leather
- my slim build requires the holster to contour tightly around my frame which cause the Kydex to flex too much, pinching the firearm in and making it difficult to remove
- not enough leather by the beavertail/top of grip to keep from rubbing on skin
- Kydex has no relief for front sights, started to mark up front sights with very little use
I have no doubt that this would be a great holster for the right size build of person. It would require some modifications to be even better, but I didn't feel necessary to mod a brand new holster without knowing how I'd like it in the long run. I returned this, but like I said I believe this didn't work for me because of my slim built.