- Product Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 inches ; 12.8 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 14.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B004AO4AR6
- Item model number: GAL-KT440B
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (106 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #224,078 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Galco KT440B King Tuck IWB Holster
|Price:||$63.96 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 100% Leather
- Made using the finest materials
- Used by Law Enforcement, Military, and citizens alike
- Tested for durability and quality
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Galco International was founded by Richard N. Gallagher in 1969 as a small family business in Chicago, Illinois. Known then as the famous jackass leather company, Gallagher specialized in holsters constructed of horsehide. In 1980 the business was moved from Chicago to its present home in Phoenix, Arizona, and in 1983 the name of the company was changed to galco International. ALREADY famous for high quality and innovative designs, galco gained worldwide notoriety when the jackass shoulder system became a recurring character on the popular 1980's TV Series Miami vice. In the new century, galco continues to be a favorite choice of Hollywood, appearing in more films and TV shows than any other holster maker. Perhaps more importantly, galco remains a Major force in real-world firearms usage. Law enforcement personnel around the nation and across the world - from local departments to the largest Federal agencies - are issued and use galco products. Galco's array of law enforcement products ranges from concealment holsters to rifle slings approved by the National Tactical officer's Association.
Top Customer Reviews
I wear this holster all day, every day. I have done so for 18 months. That speaks to the comfort level as being outstanding. We can assume that. Lets talk about the longevity.
1) The first thing to fail was a screw. It backed out and was lost, but the nut remained. The screw was easily replace and I recommend lock tight as soon as you settle on your cant preference.
2) Next to falter was one of the clips. It got hung up while I fit through a tight space and it bent a little bit. After this accident, the clip frequently gets hung on shirts and other obstacles in my environment. This spring steel is very difficult to bend back to original shape. Although only slightly deformed, it needs to be replaced.
3) My Kydex is now beginning to fail. Located at the "mouth" of the holster, I have a chip with cracks by the trigger guard and cracks at both corners of the slide. These stress cracks are a result of normal use of the holster and not some isolated incident or misuse. These cracks are expected to grow, ultimately rendering the holster useless.
I have used this holster for approximately 18 months and I would estimate that my gun has been holstered 1600 - 2500 times. The leather is in fantastic shape and is more than adequate. The ease of draw is fantastic as is conceal ability.
The kydex is thin and lacking for long term durability. Thick kydex would result in a thicker envelope. This is a compromise in quality that you will have to evaluate for yourself.
I have not contacted Galco about repairs to this holster. I read the FAQ on their website and they DO NOT warranty their products. The have a repair program at the users expense. I will contact them to see what it costs to replace the kydex and clip.
FYI Minotaur sells spare bodies on their holsters and CrossBreed has a lifetime warranty on ALL their products.
In conclusion, I have enjoyed this holster for it usable life expectancy of 2 years. I plan to contact Galco about repairing it. I purchased the holster for its features and good value for the money. I will probably replace it with a CrossBreed. While the CrossBreed has a higher initial price point, I expect that it will prove a better value in the long run with the lifetime guarantee.
If you KNOW you will keep your gun for more than two years, you would be better served, financially, with a CrossBreed Super Tuck.
Good luck with your decision,
I would have given the product five stars except for a minor quality control issue. Both of the holsters were ordered in the Black finish. This finish is in the form of an overlay of what appears to be cowhide over the thicker brown leather. Recently, Galco changed their manufacturing process to remove the sewn edging around the entire permieter of the holster in order to improve comfort when worn. Unfortunately, with the 1911 hoslter, the two layers seperated at the top after three days of use. To Galco's credit, they paid for the shipping and repair and returned the holster quickly. Since the repair, the holster has held up great. I would have simply assumed that this was a one-off issue but the XDM holster appears to be suffering a bit of wear in the same location after only one use. I will keep an eye on it and, of course, have Galco fix the issue if it actually separates. I hope that they correct the QC issue at the source. These are great holsters.
immediately after a couple draws and holsters the leather began to peel to the stitching. Also the leather began to scrape where the gun sits in its holster. Minor aesthetics but I thought I'd get a week or so before seeing wear and tear. Another minor issue is the kydex sits about a half inch above the waistband so reholstering is a bit inconvenient but isn't terrible if you don't want to adjust the can't, but if you'd like to can't, the kydex will be in your pants rather than sticking out enough to holster.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Dumbest "design" I've seen. Absolute waste of money.Read more