Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 40 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 46 reviews
We have mycelium growth, yay! Morels are not easy to grow inside. This set is sold to grow outdoors, yet I'm unwilling to let these go to bugs and chipmunks and other creatures gracing my lawn. So far ground squirrels have gone to town on the oyster mushrooms, so inside is it! So far, so good! I paid attention to directions to let this bag of spawn and substrate rest. It has been quietly growing, and did so more happily closed in a drawer than setting with other plants and mushrooms in indirect light. When this kit arrives, you'll notice instructions on setting up your morel habitat. Also notice that the bag that this comes in has a filter at the top of the bag. This filter allows for air exchange, essential for the morel mycelium, and it also prevents contamination. Keep that filter intact! I have moved the bag sometimes to help get some air exchange through it. There are further directions with the Morel Mushroom kit. Follow those directions exactly! When the bag arrives (and afterwards) it should smell sweet.

A picture showing some mycelium growth is provided here so that you know what to look for in your kit. As an amateur photographer I had difficulty with lighting, and the one that came out green is not really green. In "real life" is the same color as the other pictures, I just had the green reflection bouncing off of green walls. I am taking a chance at trying to set up an indoor growth habitat; that is not the recommended way and I am not suggesting that anyone else try it like that. What is simple outdoors will be complex to try inside. The most important question that I would guess shoppers have is whether this kit contains live mycelium. I can affirm that yes, it does. It is growing. I hope that this is helpful to you. If so, please indicate that below (it's quite important). Also, if you have questions then please feel free to ask, or if it has been a while and you are just curious to check on how things are going, I'd be willing to update. Happy Shopping!
review image review image review image
on April 28, 2015
It's been a year and nothing yet, have found plenty wild so conditions are right. Hopelessly optimistic.
on January 5, 2015
Seems like it will be good, but nowhere in the advertising is it explained that you cannot sow the spores AFTER 6 weeks before the first frost. Had no way to know that until I read the instructions I received with the spores. So now have to keep them in the fridge until after the last frost. And when they shipped to my zip in Dec. it was obviously too late to sow them.
on October 15, 2016
Very pleased with the kit,and Gallboys inc.
on April 21, 2016
Nothing Nada zilch can't give zero stars
on December 26, 2016
My husband loves morels but doesn't have time to search the woods.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 28, 2016
Was a gift for my father in-law! he loved them! Would def recommend!
on June 23, 2015
The reason for the average rating is that there is no way to know, at this point, if the mushroom kit is going to to produce or not. have a very good location and mixed the kit exactly as stated so I am hoping for the best. Send me another survey next June and I'll let you know exactly how I feel about the kit.. Tony
on February 1, 2013
I ordered this Morel Mushroom Kit for a friend. He informed me that he had to pay a $10 hazardous waste fee because it was a farm item coming from another country (Canada.)

I shouldn't actually rate the mushrooms poorly for this, they may be perfect, but it was a real surprise considering I meant this to be a gift.
on December 30, 2014
Arrived in good shape and came with good instructions. Sure hope it will grow in our area. We followed the instruction as close as possible. Please do not post this publicly.