Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $7.15 shipping
+ $10.94 shipping
1/2 Gallon Mason Jar Food Fermentation Kit - Create Your Own Delicious and Healthy Pro-biotic Recipes at Home!.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Kit comes fully contained in 1/2 gallon Ball mason jar. Includes: custom airlock lid, 3-piece airlock system, Redmond's Real Salt, wooden pounder/muddler, rubber seal ring, cork, instructions, sauerkraut recipe with link to more recipes online
- BPA Free
- Create your own healthy probiotic-rich foods right on your kitchen counter!
- Make Krauts, Pickles, Kimchi & More!
- Made In America
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Fermentation Creation’s food fermentation kit is fully contained in a ½ gallon Ball mason jar, specially designed to allow the natural gases created during fermentation to escape safely while preventing oxygen from entering, thus eliminating mold.
This kit takes the guesswork out of food fermentation, and breaks it down into an easy step-by-step process in a quantity that can be prepared and stored right on the kitchen counter. The process is simple: CHOP, SALT, BRINE!
Simply chop up their favorite fruits or veggies, add whatever spices or seasonings they like, muddle/mash it up (causing a natural brine to form), and wait for the magic of fermentation to happen. During the process the jar should be left out in room temperature for up to two months depending on the recipe. Some ferments only take a couple of days!
- Fully Contained in 1/2 gallon mason jar
- Custom airlock lid (BPA-free)
- 3-piece airlock
- Wooden muddler/pounder
- Rubber seal ring
- Rubber cork
- 2 oz. shaker Redmond's Real Salt
- Sauerkraut starter recipe
- Instructions for use
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
• 2 Medium sized heads Organic Cabbage, shredded
• 1 Tsp Caraway Seeds
• 1 Tsp Dill Seeds
• 1 Tsp Juniper Berrys
• Real Salt, salt shredded cabbage to desired taste
1. Chop or grate cabbage, with or without the hearts.
2. Sprinkle salt on the cabbage as you go. Salt pulls water out of the cabbage to create brine that allows it to ferment without rotting. About 2 Tbsp per 3 pounds of cabbage is a rough guideline, but add more or less to your liking.
3. Use a masher to help pull the water out faster if desired.
4. Combine your ingredients in your food fermentation kit and pack the cabbage down tight on all sides with the wooden masher.
5. If natural brine does not cover the sauerkraut fully, add you own brine until the cabbage is fully submerged. About 1 Tbsp of salt per cup of warm water.
6. Cap with airlock lid and place on counter and ferment for a two weeks
This is going to be a blast trying out different fermented foods. I love that they add natural probiotics into the foods. I got this kit at a discount for my honest and unbiased review.
This an absolutely perfect fermenting kit for a first timer like me. Well, I have brewed beer before, so there are some similarities.
After a short visit to the many videos on You Tube for some ideas, I dove right in. All you need is supplied in this kit. I made certain to sterilize the jar first, and to use distilled water to avoid any chlorine or other contaminants.
My first ferment was:
• napa cabbage,
• mini Kirby cucumbers
• lots of garlic
• fresh bay leaves
• coriander seeds
I plan to make kimchi next
I received this at a discount in exchange for testing and reviewing the product. I stand by my review and do not give products five star glowing reviews if they do not deserve them. I count on honest reviews as much as you do when making purchases! I am just a regular Amazon customer who likes to write reviews