- Audible Audio Edition
- Listening Length: 2 hours and 47 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Unabridged
- Publisher: Mill Creek Press
- Audible.com Release Date: May 19, 2015
- Whispersync for Voice: Ready
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00XVJCOIS
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Gambled: A Novella: Titan, Book 3.25 Audible – Unabridged
|New from||Used from|
|Free with your Audible trial|
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
While this novella answers the questions about Brock, Sarah is very prominent in the storyline. She is not the complacent stay at home mom she was pre-abduction. She has PTSD, she doesn't want to go back to her "safe" life, and she isn't sure she even knows the husband she thought was a superhero.
Cristin Harber does not disappoint. This is another exceptional book in a first class series. I can't recommend it highly enough.
Brock Gamble's life is in the ultimate tailspin after his wife and children's abduction. Though he ultimately got them back and they were safe, the lies and deceit he had to construe have left him alone. Bad decision after bad decision led him to ultimately betray his family as well as his trusted team at the Titan Group.
In a last ditch effort to win his wife back, he persuades her to take an exotic vacation. His only hope is to reclaim his marriage. But when duty calls and he is the only one who can help, he must make a pivotal decision.
I love that there was a follow up to Brock's story after his ultimate deceit. I can't wait to read more from this amazing series!
PS- The audio version of this book only enhanced Cristin's brilliance as an author. Jeffrey Kafer does an excellent job of narrating this incredible story.
And did I mention how hot Brock is? That scene in the back of the truck with Sarah? Wow! I needed a cold drink after reading that scene!
I loved how the men sorted their s*** out. Jared’s means of revenge on Brock was priceless.
I loved everything about this novella and desperately want Brock back on Team Titan! This is a must read for fans of the Titan Series and romantic suspense.
Spoilers designed to save you disappointment:
1. A decade of secrecy followed by kidnapping leads to the breakup of a marriage. Fair enough. In this book it is all resolved by the wife wanting more adventurous sex.
2. Your wife has PTSD, has never fired a gun, and has just fainted at the description of danger. You solve this by taking her on a dangerous mission with no backup and little intel.
3. You go to a tropical island with rope and ice cream related activities on your bucket list. Do you bring rope from home? No. Do you order ice cream from room service? No. You ghho looking all over the island for them. And what's with the rope? How about silk ties for your first foray into bondage? I guess nothing says "I love you" like rope burns at the vow renewal with your children.
4. A boss gets revenge on a disloyal employer who he plans to rehire, not by beating him up, but by blowing up his home. No thought about what the kids might think about having their belongings destroyed. In this literary cheese factory the wife isn't even upset. Didn't like the house, wanted to move anyway, and apparently had no no sentimental attachment to anything she owned.
Clean the floors, scrub the toilet, or do anything more fun than reading this corny endeavor.