Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Game Boy Advance SP Replacement Battery Pack for GBA SP
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on October 29, 2013
I recently found my old Game Boy Advance SP and Pokemon Emerald. Unfortunately, the battery died out. I purchased this one in hopes of reviving my childhood and it did! The battery came with a screwdriver which was a bonus because I didn't expect it. Once I plugged that sucker in, my Game Boy came to life!
on October 23, 2013
I can finally play my GBA SP again :D! The battery worked perfectly and it charges quite fast it also last a good amount of time. The shipping came by quickly not to mention the price is very fair. The packing came with a little screwdriver xD, but overall I am satisfied with this product and I would highly recommend.
on February 14, 2013
I was very impressed with this product, my old battery was gettting about four hours. Which you know is very bad, this one is getting on average about 15-16 per full charge. PLUS, it came with a screwdriver to take the back plate off, that made it much easier than trying to find my set of mini screwdrivers. Very satisfied, totally worth it.
on August 10, 2015
So for awhile now the switch on my Gameboy advance sp wasn't working properly...when I would try and turn my Gameboy on, it wouldn't. I would have to carefully toggle the power switch for my Gameboy to turn on. I thought that maybe it was a problem with the battery (the battery wasn't holding a full charge sometimes after charging it) so I decided to order a new battery, hoping it would fix the power problem.

As you can see in the pictures, the battery comes with a tiny little screwdriver so you can unscrew the back which holds the battery. I have a picture of what the difference between the original battery and the new one look like and that the new one does in fact fit perfectly.

Even though the new battery didn't fix the power switch problem (guess my Gameboy advance sp is finally starting to die on me, though it is over 10 years old) the new battery keeps a charge just fine so at least there's that + the little Phillips head screwdriver is a nice little bonus.
review image review image review image
on January 30, 2014
I was moving some stuff around in my house and found my old advanced sp and decided to play it for a while on a full charge. Long story short, it hit red low battery light at about 2 and a half hours. Bought this replacement, and was hoping for 9-12 hours of play but it lasted for 6 and a half hours till red. Better than 2-1/2
on December 17, 2013
This battery works great, and it's even brought playtime back to lengths I haven't seen since I originally purchased the Gameboy. Definitely worth the investment to keep the nostalgic memories alive. You need the extra juice to game late into the night on the backlit screen!

The mini screwdriver included in the kit is a must have. It made installation of the new battery quick and easy. I'm sure any micro-screwdriver kit would have something compatible (looks like a standard Phillips screw head) but I didn't have a mini-kit handy so this was a nice bonus.
on July 19, 2008
This is a great replacement battery for my Game Boy Advance SP. My kid dropped the game boy in the toilet. After letting it dry out for a couple of days, I then turned it back on to see if it would work. It worked just fine but when the original battery in it finally reached the point where it needed to be recharged, it wouldn't take a charge. I then read online that water can damage the battery and you need a new one. So, I checked with Nintendo and they wanted $20 for a new one. I then found this replacement battery on Amazon for only 1/10 of that. So, I bought it and the game boy has worked just fine ever since. I would highly recommend this battery.
on August 22, 2016
I paid full price for this product. However, I am an avid amazon reviewer, and as such have read in numerous reviews where other reviewers say they wish that the "discount/free" reviewers would state that up front, so they didn't "waste their time reading something people have been paid to write." As a fellow Amazon customer, I rely on the reviews of others to help me decide whether to purchase a product or not, and would never endorse a product if I did not truly believe in the quality--if I don't like something you're going to know I don't and why. So if you think that these discounted rate purchase reviews are contrived, those from some other reviewers may be, but anything I say is the honest truth. Please like my review if it has helped you decide in any way. Thanks!!!

My special needs son loves his game boy advance, but as with any aging tech device, the battery can only be charged so many times. I didn't even KNOW you could buy replacement batteries! We replaced the battery with a minimum of effort and now the charge lasts so much longer than before!!! If you have a GBA you've been nursing along, take my word for it--this is money well-spent!
on August 19, 2015
Cheap junk battery. What I received wasn't what was pictured. I received a no name battery that appeared to be of lower quality. The battery wouldn't charge in either of my GBA SP systems. I even tried using different chargers. However my ten year old original GBA batteries charge up just fine.
on August 22, 2015
This battery didn't seem to add too much play time on my old gba sp. It charges pretty fast and dies after about 2 hrs, which leads me to think either this is a cheap low capacity battery or a battery pack that has been sitting on the shelf for years.