CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Game Boy Player
- Use your GameCube controller or GBA as your controller
- Simply attach this accessory to the bottom of your GameCube, then add a game -- your Game Boy game is now on your TV. No other modifications are required!
- No extra power supply required
- Includes Game Boy Player Startup disc
- If the startup disk is not included the player is not going to work
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The GameBoy Player (GB Player) accesory is connected to the High Speed port below your GameCube console (GC), it has two tiny screws to tighten it to your console and avoid accidental drops. An ejector button is also provided, to allow for proper removal. A Startup disc is included and required to activate the GB Player.
All features of a GameBoy Advance are included in the GameBoy Player (The Accessory Slot, the Game Pak Slot and the External Extension Connection). You can play the thousands of Game Boy, GameBoy Color, and Advance games available as with your handheld Advance console. You can also link other GB Advance units to the GB Player for multiplayer games using the External Extension Connector available, and you can normally use the e-Reader accesory as well.
When you turn on the GameCube with the GB Player and a cartridge game inserted on the GB Player (not the GB Advance), you'll see the game's startup screen as you will normally do with your GB Advance console, this time the display is transferred to the larger TV screen and surrounded by a graphical frame.
The games simply look wonderful, sharp and colorful. All the details that you simply miss in the limited GB Advance display screen are shown here on the big TV screen. I was expecting blocky, low-resolution graphics, but I was really surprised at the sharpness these Advance games have, even on larger screens.
You can play with a GameCube controller or use the GB Advance as a controller (provided that you have a GC/GB Advance cable). The Z button on the GC controller opens up the GB Player special options.Read more ›
1. You can play your Gameboy, Gameboy Color, and Gameboy Advance games on a full television screen without straining your eyes, or dying batteries!
2. The picture is 100% clearer.
3. The sound is 100% clearer.
4. You can choose from a lot of borders to put around the screen!
5. A timer is included, so that it lets you know when your time is up. Perfect if you have an upcoming favorite TV show you don't want to miss!
6. You can adjust the size of the screen.
7. You can switch games without turning the GameCube off!
8. The unit is easy to set up.
9. The unit securely attaches to the bottom of your GameCube, so that it doesn't fall off.
10. Can use a Gameboy Advance/SP or a GameCube controller.
11. The games pop out of the unit with a push of a switch.
12. A great substitute for a person who doesn't on a GBA but has the games, has lost a GBA, had their GBA stolen, or has to share their GBA; their sibling is playing the GBA, and you can play your GBA games on the TV.
13. The rumble feature option available for the GBA game, "Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga".
14. Lets you relive the old days of the 1980s Nintendo Entertainment System (NES), arcades, and Super Nintendo. (For example, playing the GBA remakes of famous classics such as: "The Legend of Zelda", "Super Mario Bros.", "Yoshi's Island", "Dr. Mario", "Pac-Man", "Donkey Kong", etc., on the TV screen! Using the e-Reader also helps, too!
15. You can use the e-Reader.
16. You can link up with friends.
1. The unit makes the GameCube more heavier.
2.Read more ›
This is a great device that lets you play most (over 1,000)
Gameboy games on your television set. You get to use your Gamecube controller and have the option of using the gameboy advance as a controller. Another cool thing is you can use the e-reader with it and most accessories.
1. This is a big one for me: The games resolution on a TV is a bit worse than on the gameboy itself but this problem is unavoidable. You will lose a bit of clarity when stretching a screen to the size of a TV set. A picture size setting is offered which allows you to increase or decrease the size of the picture but it does not do much to help. Another setting which you can adjust is to make the game look softer or sharper, this doesn't work on most games either. What a waste, why bother including these adjustments Nintendo if they are totally useless?
2. You must use a bootable cd (included) to play the games. You pop in a cd in the gamecube, insert the gameboy game and turn on the gamecube. I find it rather lame to have to use a cd to make it work. But its no big deal, I simply found it rather annoying.
3. When you "eject" the gameboy game it literally flies out of the cartridge slot. Do not place the gamecube\player on high shelves! Another thing I noticed is that Nintendo recommends you leave the game plugged in and not to remove it. Apparently the contacts get dirty easily (like the old 8-bit NES) and thats the reason they mention it in the manual. (Yes, they actually tell you to leave a game plugged in so the contacts inside do not get dirty). What the hell?
4.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I was very amazed and happy in the condition the game boy player arrived in. It was practically new with no signs of use(scratches, scuffs).Published 25 days ago by Amazon Customer
I ordered my GameCube player from Video Game Kingdom, and it looks good!
The body is just a little scuffed, but the port isn't damaged
My only complaint is that the disk... Read more
The Game Boy Player is a great addition to any fan of the Gameboy/Color/Advanced era. I personally play Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Larry
I am very happy with this product and I recommend servicePublished 1 month ago by Stelios Anastassiou
If you get an SD Media Luncher from code Junkies, you can then Use the Gameboy Interface (GBI). This replaces the OEM disc. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Joel Klein
You can't go wrong with this if you own the cube, but make sure you get one that includes the disc!Published 4 months ago by S. Lee