- File Size: 22291 KB
- Print Length: 245 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0062201131
- Publisher: William Morrow (April 17, 2012)
- Publication Date: April 17, 2012
- Sold by: HarperCollins Publishers
- Language: English
- ASIN: B006NZDSCS
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #370,733 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$26.99|
Save $19.00 (70%)
Price set by seller.
Game Over: Jerry Sandusky, Penn State, and the Cullture of Silence Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 245 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $12.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
- Due to its large file size, this book may take longer to download
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
First of all, only buy this book if you have heard or read absolutely nothing about the scandal that rocked Penn State University in 2011. If you followed the case on TV, listened to sports radio, or read the articles written in newspapers and periodicals about this case, then you already have heard everything that is in this book. If you purchase this book with the idea that the authors did independent research to unearth inside information outside of what exists in the public record, and that new tidbits will be offered for your consumption, then you will be very disappointed in the product.
Secondly, the book is poorly written and redundant. There are two authors listed, and I found myself wondering if they communicated with each other at all while putting this book together. The readers will find themselves reading a chapter containing a story, and then having to read the same story in a later chapter. Some accounts of the incidents of abuse are re-told almost verbatim up to five different times in different sections of the book. It has the feel of a work whose authors knew was not long enough to get people to pay the cover price and used repetition and filler to artificially inflate it's length.
I do think that this is a story that needed to be told, and needed to be told in book form so that people would never forget the tragic events at Penn State and to serve as a cautionary tale of how things that seemed to be going so right can end up so horribly wrong. I only wish that the authors had waited until after the trial to publish a more complete work that included better research and that felt less rushed and slapped together than this book did.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Well written. Fills in the gaps that the media never disclosed. Tragic all around! Especially 10 years of abuse of very young boys to save the reputation of Penn State.Published 15 months ago by Amazon Customer
The story has been in the news for a long time. I wanted to read what really happened.Published 20 months ago by Letha
This book is a summary of all the propaganda circulated by the press. The title infers that Paterno is somehow a fallen hero. Read morePublished on May 17, 2014 by Glenna J. Kerker
This book is nothing new and was already outdated before being published. Clearly just some tool trying to make a quick buck off a bad situation.Published on May 1, 2013 by Pete
Interesting to read. Wish someone would of called out Jerry years earlier! Have a group of friends to pass along to and read.Published on April 12, 2013 by Barb B
This book was very well written, and informative. I went to high school with Bill Moushey so maybe I am biased! Read morePublished on March 26, 2013 by Sally M. Conley-Oyster
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > True Crime
- Books > Education & Teaching > Higher & Continuing Education
- Books > Education & Teaching > Schools & Teaching > Education Theory > History
- Books > History > Americas > United States > State & Local
- Books > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Abuse > Child Abuse
- Books > Sports & Outdoors > Football (American)
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > True Crime
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Higher & Continuing Education
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Education & Teaching > Teacher Resources > Education Theory > History
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Parenting & Relationships > Family Relationships > Dysfunctional Relationships
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Sports & Outdoors > Football (American)