Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 152 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 160 reviews
on June 1, 2012
Just received the remote today (purchased so there would be two remotes), product on time, as pictured. Installed batteries, turned on TV, new Roku remote blinked at me but didn't do anything. Read instruction book that came with player - last page says if remote doesn't work, it can be paired manually and gives instructions - did not work. Went to roku.com/support with question. Said have to put player in pairing mode (in settings) and then pair new remote - it worked! Am now a happy camper with two working remotes.

5/4/13
Having trouble with one of the remotes for another Roku XS (the original one that came with player) and I couldn't access the settings on the player to pair it again. Found an free app for my Galaxy Tab II that gave me basic remote functions that solved the problem. (Had a little help from message boards) Since the app pairs over the wireless router, you may have to unplug your player for a couple of minutes and let it reboot to make it sync. Found a app for the IPod that works as well. Frustration level is down a bit now.
77 comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2017
Works as it should, but I prefer wifi remotes as you don't have to point to the Roku device. I couldn't find a Roku wifi remote for my Roku model on Amazon.
on April 28, 2014
It works as expected - now. However, the new remote did not work when it arrived because it does not automatically link to the Roku box. I had to contact Roku to find out how to make the Roku 2 XS device and the remote link. You have to go into settings, but you cannot do that with the new remote since it is not recognized by the Roku box. Since the original remote was crushed in the recliner chair, I was not able to access settings. First I had to download the remote app to my tablet so that I could access settings in order to link the remote with my device. After that the linking process worked smoothly. Now I realized that I did not have to purchase the remote at all. All I had to do was download the free Roku remote app to my tablet or phone. However my husband prefers the hand held remote much better than the app.

By the way, Roku is no longer supporting my Roku and several other models purchased before 2013. Now my husband wants me to buy the latest Roku device. It never ends.
on May 31, 2014
I was looking for a replacement controller for my great ROKU player. Did not want to have the old one go bad and not be able to replace the controller which you must have to work ROKU boxes. It is an exact duplicate at a great price. It came 2 days before expected and I am very happy. For those who might purchase this controller it might not pair by the typical means. I used my old remote and went into the settings in ROKU and paired it that way. Please go ahead and get a replacement before your controller goes bad. I am sure this is a common and easily solved problem as long your old remote still works. Don't wait it's not but about $11 dollars including shipping. THANKS!!
on December 18, 2014
It works perfectly. I like to keep my roku hidden (2XS) and because of this I need a remote that can work without direct line of sight. This does perfect. My initial remote has been lost in a move between cities and I was fed up with using the phone app. The remote is real simple to use.

I would recommend this remote to anyone who uses the roku players listed that it is compatible with. My grandpa whom is very technologically impaired understood the remotes basics when he is able to use it at my place. Next step is to convince him he needs to invest in a cheap wifi plan so he can stream videos on the player.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 17, 2014
The item arrived properly packaged and promptly shipped, but it started acting up almost immediately. I thought it was a problem with bad batteries and/or my pairing improperly. Nope. By the time I remembered it was a problem (the kids were using their tablet and the Roku app as a remote), 30 days had passed and I was unable to return or exchange it. It looks like the real thing, rather than a knockoff, so I guess it's just from a bad lot. The only reason my original remote failed after a few years is that my new dog chewed it up. Just be sure to use it a lot right away, and return it at the first sign of trouble. Or bypass the remote and install the app.
on January 31, 2015
This Roku Gaming Remote is exactly the same as the one that came with my Angry Birds Edition 2 XS Roku. I really like this version of the roku remote (there is at least one other that is thinner without game buttons) because it's heavier and has a good wrist strap. The strap can be removed, but I keep it on. The only thing that challenges me is the battery cover. I have a hard time opening it, but my technically proficient hubby opens it up like it's nothing.
on June 1, 2014
My home was broken into however my roku box was not taken, they did take the remote, after learning I could use my roku on a tv that was not hdmi input, I ordered this remote. GREAT CHOICE, no need to pair with my player as soon I put the batteries in, it worked, my version of roku came with the full version of Angry Birds, this remote works superb with that as well. Thank you all for the reviews and the seller for offering this at a great price. I would highly recommend this. I CAN WATCH MY ROKU AGAIN!!!!!!
on November 24, 2014
Works well. The Roku web site says, "Compatibility: Works with Roku 2 XS model 3100 only." Once we did accidentally try to pair it with one of our Roku 3s, and wasted a fair amount of time before going to the Roku web site and tech support, only to realize it's simply not compatible with the 3s. Otherwise, works as intended.
on March 18, 2014
What can I say, this is a Roku replacement remote, from Roku, it works just as the old one did. My 1.5 year old son, has a habit of throwing things into the toilet, which he did with the old remote. Needless to say, after synching this with the Roku, it works flawlessly. A Tip, it is easier to sync the remote by unplugging the Roku, hitting the sync button on the remote so it start blinking and then powering the Roku back up. During the Roku "Boot" process it should recognize the remote without a hitch.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.