Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 4,385 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4,599 reviews
on February 24, 2014
They have really outdone themselves with theis season. The show has always been amazing, but this season has had way more unexpected twists and turns, and the cast of new charicters are awesome!
The sets, costumes, and acting are somehow even better than ever, and i didnt think it possible! One other thing i like about this season is that it has had a lot less of the no-reason nudity, that the first season in particular was packed with.
it just seemed that they were throwing naked people in everywhere just because they can, or just to draw people in, rather than it having somethi8ng to do with the reigon, or plot.
on January 28, 2016
GoT is a FANTASTIC tv series for any mature viewer. I purchased this set for my wife (who is a hard-core Game of Thrones fan) and we both love it! The case itself looks great on our bookshelf and it's fun to go back and re-watch the older episodes. Highly recommended!
on February 24, 2014
Show is awesome, and this season is no exception. With that being said, this review will primarily focus on the quality of the Blu-ray presentation and physical packaging.

[Minor Spoilers Ahead]

PQ: The episodes contained within these disks are ridiculously gorgeous plain and simple. If you thought the broadcast versions (or pirated 720p ones) were good looking just wait until you see the blu-ray video quality. The lighting is absolutely fantastic, in particular some of the darker scenes are absolutely amazing (especially the ones using fire as the main light source). Speaking of dark scenes there are quite a few of them this season, and luckily the black levels are spot on. As with previous seasons the locations shot on this show are some of the most beautiful you will ever see, and will look stunning on your big TV. The sets and costumes have always looked amazing on Game of Thrones, but this season they really outdid themselves. Not that it needs to be said but the use of GC is excellent this season, nothing new here

Some scenes to showcase picture quality
-Anything involving the wall
-Beric vs. Clegane
-Dannys parley with Yunkai
-Garden scenes in kings landing
-Anything in Geoffrys/Cercies/Tyrions chambers

AQ: My god this is an impressive DTS-HD MA 5.1 soundtrack. Hard to say if it's better than the previous two seasons, but I do think that season 3 had more chances to fully utilize what a modern home theater system can produce. Excellent use of surrounds and LFE channel. Most importantly the dialog is always given a priority in the mixing which makes it very clear and easy to understand. Top it all off with the incredible soundtrack (gotta love Rains of Castamere) and you have something very incredible indeed.

Some scenes to showcase audio quality
-Climbing the Wall
-Summer snarling at Jojen
-Beric vs. Clegane
-Most Dragon scenes
-Sam and Gilly at the weirwood

Packaging: Pretty much the same as previous two seasons. Case is white instead of black and the slip cover is made of plastic. I like this because my cardboard covers always get frayed around the corners after extended use. DVD copies look like they might be hard to remove from there sleeve without scratching, but I haven't tried myself.

As a final note the extras are phenomenal for season 3. My favorites are:
-Making of "The Rains of Castamere"
-Histories and lore
-Deleted scene: Tywin and Pycelle
on May 28, 2015
Aside from my problems with the deviations from the books, my big problem is with the quality and design of the Blu-rays. There is no memory (if you press stop, you have to start over from the beginning every time, you can't press play and continue from where you left off), and every disc advertises special features in the menu that you can click on which aren't on that disc. If you "play all" episodes, when they are over, it tells you to put in the next disc. If you go back to the main menu, you can't hit "play all" again - it just says to put in the next disc. After watching all of the episodes, I like to watch through with commentary, which means that I then have to go through episode by episode. For the price, I would think that HBO could put in some of the basic features we have come to expect on DVDs/Blu-rays.
on November 13, 2015
I always love the additional features that come with these. With the rise of things like Ultraviolet and Vudu, I find myself purchasing physical copies of movies less and less often, but I always buy a physical copy of these. Tremendous amounts of background and historical information are given succinctly and presented beautifully, so that even that casual viewer can be brought up to speed in a relatively short (and enjoyable) period of time.
on February 25, 2014
I watched this entire season already before the Blu-Ray came out, but I still pre-ordered this immediately for a few reasons

1.) I like buying and promoting things that I love. (Money goes toward the company to keep them making these things, as well as adds to the numbers for the success rating, la la la)

2.) I like to re-watch, obviously, and blu-ray is beautiful

3.) The extra features. They are amazing. More on that right now:

The extra features, so far the only one I have watched was the one on the Red Wedding episode, where they pretty much go through the entire episode scene by scene and talk about it: The production, the reasoning behind things, and even the difference between the book and the show. The author of the books (and creator of this universe as a whole) is also there and is interviewed, as well as the shows producers, set designers, and of course, actors.

Additionally, every episode features commentary, but who is the commentary by? Different people every time! And no, not the producers, but the actors! It's MULTIPLE different actors for different episodes. Some episodes have Sam and Gilly, some have Jon Snow, Ygritte. Some have Daenerys, etc etc. Even Theon's torturer is there.

With amazon (currently) selling this set for only 29.99, there's absolutely no reason to buy this; this bundle is a steal of a deal at 29.99

Buy, Support, Enjoy.
The world goes 'round and everybody is smiley. :)
!
on February 24, 2014
I find I'm watching just for the episodes where Peter Dinklage appears. I don't think I ever appreciated him as an actor quite so much as I do in this series. Awesome actor!

The story is somewhat hard to follow but even a complete novice (like myself) can pick it up in time. It helps to watch the commentary episodes whenever possible because they sometimes give you a better idea about the story progression. I love the series and, like Downton Abbey, each episode just zooms by -- a sign of good storytelling. And also like Downton Abby, the season is too short in episodes and too long until the next one comes along.
on May 31, 2014
Great season and great buy. The special features and behind the scene features add much more to your viewing experience and deeper understanding of what the directors/showrunners were trying to do. I always seem to appreciate the shows more after understanding all the work, thought, and emotions that many different people put in to create this one fantastic show. The audio commentary too are also fantastic to listen too. The discs bring you much knowledge and fill in some gaps better for those who have not read the book.

The DVD and Digital copies are also a very nice addition to this package. I am able to give my parents the DVD, which to this point still has Chinese subtitles, so they can understand the show even better. The digital copies are nice to have so I can bring it anywhere!
on February 28, 2014
Game of Thrones is one of the few shows I never see when it originally airs, and I always pick up the season Blu-ray. It's becoming a bit of a tradition for me. Fortunately, I am more of a casual viewer of television, but I must admit GOT really intrigued me from the first season. The premise and the notion of high fantasy on the "small screen" is no doubt interesting, but what follows suit is a complex political entanglement. As far as I am concerned, everything is right with this show. The casting is superb across the board, though some actors shine more than others. But, that is the nature of the beast. The third season doesn't seem to have as much momentum as earlier seasons, but it seems to bring more of a conclusion to the Stark family as is really begun in Season 1. The balance between sadness and happiness brought by laughter allows this show to feel very real and human, and thus entertaining. You get addicted to characters then see them removed from the game quickly, to mixed reviews and opinions. The world here feels real.

The actual package is solid enough. I never really care for all the add-ons and what have you, and 30$ was a reasonable price to pay for the 10 episodes of this season on Blu-ray. The DVD for me is just an unnecessary add-on, but I will end up just giving it to a friend.
on March 22, 2017
Games of Thrones season 3 is outstanding! I've watched the dvd's multiple times and I every time I watch them I discover something new that adds to the story. Game of Thrones is brilliantly written, produced and directed. Buy it for many hours of entertainment.