Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 2,361-2,370 of 15,262 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19,325 reviews
on September 17, 2017
this arrived so so fast and of course the books were great as they could ever be. happy customer :) <3
on December 19, 2012
This book is great. The writing is tight, characters are believable, and the drama -- although omnipresent -- is gripping.

Having read all five books, the only caution I have is that the series drops in quality. It may get better in later books (i.e., after Book Five), but right now, the decline has been steady though not uniform: the first three books are all pretty great, while the fourth is confused/confusing, while the fifth is almost hard to read.
on July 9, 2015
I have several friends who watch the TV series but I never got started on it. So, I finally decided to read the book to see what all the talk was about. I could not put it down! I can't wait to read the next book. I have also ordered the DVD of the first season.
on March 20, 2016
The books are amazing and I like the way the leather bound edition looks but definitely look at the sizing of the books because in person they're like little pocket sized bibles with really thin pages
on July 28, 2016
This is a masterwork. Other sword-and-sorcery writers may as well pack up their stuff and find another occupation - GRRM has done it better than it has been done before.
on August 5, 2015
I have not seen the show, preferring to the books first. Oh my gosh!!! Loved the stories; loved the characters, love the peak at history, and seeing what makes the characters who they are. Excellently written books, I cant wait for the next installment.
on February 7, 2017
I'm very proud of myself for reading this lengthy book. I love this world and can't wait to read the rest of the books in this series.
on January 22, 2017
The creativity it takes to write something like this is way beyond my abilities. However, I so appreciate the escape. Wonderful read.
on December 30, 2013
Martin is a descriptive writer who knows how to flesh out his characters through their conversations. Even after watching the series, I find the book to be riveting and the characters fully believable. I'm enjoying reading through and getting more insight to each of the players, gaining perspectives that cannot be fully conveyed onscreen, no matter how talented the actor or actress...
on June 27, 2016
These books were hard to put down...You will get sucked into the story and you never know what may happen next. I cannot wait until the next volumes of this epic saga come out!