Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

GameCube Games on Wii - Clarify?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 6, 2010, 1:09:49 PM PDT
B. Thompson says:
First off - not a true gamer, didn't grow up with Nintendo - growing up we were a geeky commodore 64 family. So pardon if this question is totally lame.

Regarding the Wii, when everyone mentions that the Classic Controller Pro is not compatible with GameCube games - they are not referring to ones on the virtual console, correct? They are talking about GameCube designed games that can be played in the Wii? I only ask because it **seems** when looking at Nintendo's official site, they list both the Classic Controller and GameCube controller for a great majority of the VC games. The VC games - especially the nostalgic ones are what my husband is interested in playing. I'm just wondering if I need to purchase a GameCube Controller too or if the CC Pro is sufficient? It's part of his b-day present so any help is appreciated!
Wii Classic Controller Pro - White

Posted on Aug 7, 2010, 4:16:38 PM PDT
GameCube games are not available on the Virtual Console; however, the GameCube discs are usable on the Wii and require a GameCube controller to play. If you check the Nintendo site and it shows that a game is compatible with the Classic Controller, then it will work. A lot of these games can also be played using the GameCube controller, which is why it shows both.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 9, 2010, 9:28:32 AM PDT
B. Thompson says:
Thank you so much for clarifying!! I couldn't ask my hubby and get him suspicious as to why the heck I would care so I appreciate the help very much :) I think we still have some GameCube games that we didn't trade in so I'll have to see if there's a controller around here too....
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Aug 6, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 9, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about