Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon kidsevergreen kidsevergreenaltText Choose channels with their favorite shows and movies kidsevergreenaltText Choose channels with their favorite shows and movies  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Color: Platinum|Edition: Console|Change

Showing 1-10 of 364 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,037 reviews
on May 23, 2017
Was a little dusty and didnt come with much like cables or a memory card but it works great if you have spares from previous gamecubes like I did then its not an issue.
on July 1, 2017
LOVE THIS!! Such a classic! Portable, durable, simple n FUN!!
on January 12, 2012
Consider this...i am writing this review in 2012. I have a PS3 and have owned pretty much all the game systems...PS1, PS2, Nintendo 64, Xbox, Xbox 360, Wii, Saturn, Dreamcast....I do think back upon the Dreamcast fondly, but to me, the Gamecube might be the most solid, greatest console of all time. The games were great, the system itself never froze up, the controllers were pretty sturdy, and the size was perfect as well. Anyway, i bought one again recently to revisit some of my favorite games like Gladius, Paper Mario, Ocarina of Time, and so on. Obviously, this wont replace your next gen console, but this is definitely a system you should own and enjoy from time to time. If you have kids, it even ups its value. Get one, and bring it out of storage every now and then. You will be glad you did.

Enjoy!
on October 7, 2015
Was packaged really nicely, full of bubblewrap. Also came with a controller, which was a pleasant surprise. Looks great, minimal scratches. Cords were wrapped nicely.
Only bummer- some discs that work on other GameCubes don't work on this console. I have only had the console a day, so I haven't investigated much yet. Hopefully it just needs to be cleaned or something.
Came in great time, was packaged with care, and overall I am happy!
on May 31, 2012
The GameCube is a great console, with a great variety of games. It apparently doesn't have as good of graphics as the other consoles of this generation, but I think the graphics look fine, plus the great games make up for it. If you're a fan of the classic Nintendo games, like "Metroid", "The Legend of Zelda", or "Super Mario", then this may be a better console for you than the competing consoles. (If you are a fan of RPG's like "Final Fantasy", the GameCube has little to offer there. In that case, consider the PlayStation 2 or the more current PlayStation 3.)
The GameCube also has accessories that you can buy that allow it to play Game Boy games or that connect it to the Game Boy Advance so you can access extra features in certain games, such as "Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc" and "The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker".
I must mention that you can, in theory, just get the Wii to play GameCube games now. The only problem here is that the Wii does sometimes have issues with GameCube memory cards. My Wii won't read the memory cards, and I hear many others have that problem, so I still need my GameCube for those games.
There are a few issues I have with the GameCube, but nothing major. For one thing, you must turn it off in order to switch disks, which is a little annoying, since the other consoles can be left on.
Also, the smaller memory cards can't fit too much. All my PS2 games fit on one memory card, but my GameCube games are scattered across several memory cards, and I lose track of what is where. I would definitely suggest not buying the small 59 block memory card. And the huge ones and the third party ones are more likely to have problems. I never had a problem with my 1019 block Nyko memory card, but sometimes, the other third party ones I have need to be formatted. I always got away with not formatting them, but if you do have to format the memory card, you'll lose all your data. Probably the Nintendo 251 block memory cards would be your best bet.
Also, the GameCube disks are smaller, which means that if they get scratched or dirty, they are more likely to have issues than regular disks that are in the same condition.
The GameCube also has no way to connect to the Internet and will not play music CD's or movies. This is not a problem for me, but it might be for other people.
The GameCube may be behind the other consoles of this generation in a few areas, but in terms of actual games, the GameCube is a great console. I have so many fun games for this console, so it absolutely doesn't matter to me that the graphics aren't quite as good or I can't play movies. I bought the GameCube because I am a Nintendo fan, and I was not disappointed.
on April 8, 2017
looks fine. can't even test it yet though because there were no cords included.
on September 11, 2015
The game console works beautifully I almost started crying because it bought back soo many memories as a teenager when nothing mattered. I got the bundle so everything was there to start playing right away which is awesome! Will purchase games and other thing from them again!
on January 1, 2016
Powers on but won't read disc at all. Really makes me wonder why the hell I bought anything from amazon cuz so far nothing I have ordered has worked at all.
on November 4, 2014
My old Gamecube has worn down over the years and has stopped working so I decided to buy another one, since I missed playing on this console more than any other new ones. I didn't want to buy a brand new one because it would be too expensive so I bought a used one for a great price and it's just perfect. I had some Gamecube discs that were a little scratched up, so I thought they didn't work. But voila, the discs work perfectly with my new used Gamecube. I am definitely a happy camper.
on September 4, 2013
so, it's a used console I'm reviewing. I had one instance playing it (longest stretch of powered-on-ness I had with it) and it pooped out...but it could've been because I had it in a drawer and it was not able to have a good airflow throughout the innards. I have since taken it out, to see about the theory. Then again, I haven't played it for that long as I've been playing other games...we'll see if it has some hardware issue (like the GC version of YLOD?)...other than that, it's well, a used console, it worked fine, even since.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.