Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on June 5, 2015
I got this to use with Dolphin when I play GC games and it works good. Dolphin detected the controller and the rumble works too! The important part though, is that I am able to use the analog triggers correctly! Games like Super Mario Sunshine really require you to have the analog triggers, and because of the way the GC controllers have the combined trigger/button it makes using any other controller very difficult.

I was somewhat disappointed I was not able to get my Xbox controller to work, but I think my controller plug may be too corroded even after cleaning.

I am interested to see if this works with pcsx2 and if it will detect the analog button inputs (every button on the DualShock 2 except L3/R3, Start and Select are pressure-sensitive) for games like GT3. Will update when I find out.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 10, 2016
I bought it with the intention of using it for PS1, PS2, and Gamecube emulation and it fills these roles very well. Works just fine on my Windows 7 64-bit laptop even if I have more than one controller plugged in. You can even use it plug and play, although you won't have any rumble functionality without the latest drivers.
The one thing that's keeping it from being absolutely perfect is the way the Gamecube controller is handled. I've found it impossible to get the shoulder buttons to work just like they do on a real Gamecube, as in the shoulder buttons have both an analog and digital press to them. In the controller setup I can only set the shoulder buttons to work as either analog or digital buttons, not both at the same time. This isn't a problem for most Gamecube games, but certain titles like Super Mario Sunshine and Star Fox Assault make use of this unique feature quite heavily. If you're buying this mainly for Gamecube controllers then keep that in mind.
Other than that I've found the adapter to be (almost) everything I've wanted it to be.
on April 2, 2013
Bought this to use with a WaveBird wireless GameCube controller. It definitely does not support it. Plugging in a regular gamecube controller shows buttons available and the PC sees button pushes, etc. The WaveBird receiver lights up like its trying to work, but as far as the PC is concerned it sees the MagicJoyBox but no buttons or anything available on it.

I have not tried the PS2 or XBOX ports as I don't have those controllers.

If you have a wired controller, its great. If you have a WaveBird, look elsewhere.
on August 24, 2012
So I ordered this adapter because I've recently gotten back into ROMs and Emulators and wanted to try my hand at the PS2 types. I soon found out that trying to map the controls on a keyboard is nearly impossible, so I figured I'd try it out. I had read several reviews that stated you had to download certain drivers to make it work, but I just followed the instructions on the packaging that state to plug in your controller before plugging the whole thing into your PC and it connected no problem.

Then I went in and mapped the buttons in my PSX2 1.0.0 emulator and all worked well. The only thing was getting the PS2 controller joysticks to register took activating the Analog, then it worked. So far, I haven't had any lag time in reference to the controller so I'm a happy camper. I don't know why everyone says to download a driver from the website, because I didn't have to. If I'm wrong, let me know, but I don't have any issues.

Note: I have not tried GC or XBOX yet.
on June 18, 2014
I want to make it clear right up front that the device works fine. Tested both PS2 and Gamecube ports (never had original xbox so no leftover controller) and computer detected them right away. Had some fun playing Pokemon Leafgreen with a PS2 remote. Then, I tried it on what it was purchased for: Steam. Put it into big picture. Could navigate the interface. Buuut then I realized I forgot something important: the gamecube and PS2 were both DirectInput remotes, not Xinput. Someone recommended the x360ce app. Detected the Dpads as buttons with this device's reader so I couldn't properly map them. Despite having fun on emulators, I sent it back because it wasn't going to help me with Steam games. I'm awaiting the arrival of a PS3 remote emulator device. I'll come back with a review on how that works in July because it says it'll take forever to ship.
on August 23, 2016
Kudos to Mayflash for making great product we emulator peeps like to use on our PC's with the actual game controllers. Have not tried the Xbox port but the PS2 and Gamecube work for me. Make sure you hook up the gamecube controller at the same time you hook up the Joy Box to your pc to make sure it work right. Buy it guys and enjoy those classic games on your PC.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I bought this adapter primarily to connect my old Gamecube controller to my Mac for use with the Dolphin emulator. It works just fine. Everything works without a drive and the controls feel pretty much as accurate as running it on the real thing.

I have two minor gripes:

1. It doesn't work with the wireless Wavebird controller
2. It only supports one controller at a time - so if you plug in a PS2 controller it doesn't pick it up as a separate device.

But beyond that this works great with Dolphin on Mac OS X and should also work just as well on Windows.
on January 26, 2013
I have tried this adapter with both PS2 and Gamecube controllers, and they both work perfectly. I have not tried this adapter with an Xbox controller. I plugged in my PS2 and GC controllers, but they didn't work immediately. So I installed the Vista driver that was on the CD that came with the adapter. Afterwards, I tried my PS2 controller on PCSX2, and it worked perfectly. I was seriously amazed. Trying out the GC controller on Dolphin was a little more frustrating, but I think that's because I tried out the PS2 controller first, and Dolphin would only recognize my PS2 controller (although pretty much perfectly). I restarted my computer, having only the GC controller plugged in, opened Dolphin, and everything worked without a hitch. I'm guessing that if Dolphin users tried out their GC controllers first, Dolphin would immediately recognize the controller, and no restart would be necessary. I'm very happy with this product, and my only hope is that it will last me a lifetime.
on June 30, 2017
I bought it for playing Pop'n Music with an official mini controller until I could get a recreation of the arcade controls. It lasted about 2 months before it stopped working properly. The latency is almost none, though. Pop'n Music requires a fair bit of accuracy to hit a note perfectly so it did it's job there. Overall, it's good if you're not planning on using it for more than a few months. Especially if you plan to play rhythm games with it. I'm having to buy another one so I can keep playing. Maybe this one will last long enough.

I was able to get in roughly 10,000 button presses. Maybe more considering how many notes can be in the harder songs.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 29, 2016
While using two with the same computer for more modern games is quite a hassle and technical feat, I greatly enjoy the ability to use a gamecube controller for games like Rocket League and Devil May Cry. I recommend for any old controller / PC enthusiast!