Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Battlefield 3 - Playstation 3 forum

Newer Gameplay Video PS3 Version shows major improvements over beta

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 7, 2011, 7:57:01 PM PDT
JCs says:
This footage is of the PS3 version and is far better looking than the beta , pretty much proving the beta is of a earlier build. Notice the lack of visual glitches as well.... looking incredible to me.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/10/07/battlefield-3-grand-bazaar-developer-commentary?objectid=82318

Posted on Oct 8, 2011, 12:01:50 AM PDT
V. Jones says:
I feel srry for you guys who cancelled their pre-orders

Posted on Oct 8, 2011, 12:01:52 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 8, 2011, 12:44:01 AM PDT]

Posted on Oct 8, 2011, 8:42:54 AM PDT
Cholobear says:
thats cool

Posted on Oct 8, 2011, 9:01:01 AM PDT
People are SO weird about games now because of the economy. The slightest little bit of rumor causes stock market like speculation. These are just games guys! The beta is awesome anyhow! I don't see what the problem is. Everyone thinks they're a game critic nowadays. The game critics themselves think they are God. The world would be better off without them. At least then we wouldn't have copy and paste Amazon "reviews".

Posted on Oct 8, 2011, 12:14:39 PM PDT
fablu23 says:
I also feel sorry that people are so ignorant these days. The beta is progress from a few months back meaning that they had about two to three months to patch things up since. Those who canceled their pre-orders are morons.

Posted on Oct 8, 2011, 12:15:06 PM PDT
J. Walker says:
Anybody whos basing their pre-order on the "beta" is just asinine. The beta is actually running an alpha version of the game that was shown over a year ago (hence the glitches like falling under the map). If you really know DICE, it should be obvious they wont release a game with glitches like those found in the beta.

Posted on Oct 9, 2011, 12:56:52 AM PDT
Spine_Ripper says:
I don't feel sorry and have zero remorse for them. If you don't know what a beta is, you probably don't know what teamwork is either. Good Riddance.

Posted on Oct 9, 2011, 6:53:26 PM PDT
Dan says:
Great stuff!

Posted on Oct 10, 2011, 8:09:11 AM PDT
Batman, Battlefield, Uncharted Oh My........

Posted on Oct 10, 2011, 6:28:45 PM PDT
John B. says:
The fact people based the beta on their opinion of the game is absurd. I'd like to see what would happen if CoD would release an open beta a month before the game. Be 10 times as worse, at least for the PS3 anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 11, 2011, 12:15:58 PM PDT
LQ says:
Actually no. "The Battlefield 3 Open Beta is based on software that is more than one month old. We need to test the new back end dedicated server structure we've built." That's hardly over a year. So don't go to the other end of the spectrum and be an uninformed fanboy.

Posted on Oct 13, 2011, 12:51:29 PM PDT
N. Varner says:
I think all the criticism of people cancelling pre-orders is unfair. Cancelling a preorder doesn't mean they're not going to eventually buy the game. DICE happened to release a beta, and it was pretty shotty. I don't care how old it is, if it plays anything like it did in the beta its simply not worth the $60 dollars, and for some it's not worth the gamble either. A lot of rational people are going to wait until they see the reviews now to make an informed decision.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2011, 2:48:48 PM PDT
They can't preorder again?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2011, 5:08:42 PM PDT
N. Varner says:
Of course they can preorder again. After the letdown of the beta though, I think people are going to wait until they can see the final product, or at the very least look at some reviews of the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 14, 2011, 8:48:19 AM PDT
Tony Tough says:
I'm with you Spine_Ripper. I have never played any Battlefield game prior, and this Beta was such a refreshing change from the Call of Duty series. I had COD in my disk drive but was way more interested in playing the BF3 beta everytime. Much more realistic and I loved being a team player, it was so much more rewarding. Great stuff. Preordered the day after I tried the beta. PSN: TonyTough

Posted on Oct 14, 2011, 10:20:01 AM PDT
J. Mejia says:
Heres another video of battlefield 3 running on ps3 .... i gotta say it looks really good. Oh and this map is also new its called Seine Crossing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL7YCXzadcQ&noredirect=1

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2011, 8:16:04 PM PDT
Major Nelson says:
J.Meija ur link is dead here is an alternative:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJyTIgTX80Q

Posted on Oct 15, 2011, 11:11:39 PM PDT
is the beta over? every time i try to get on it says i cant connect to ea but so whats the deal? i havent seen ant of my friends on the beta either. im play ps3

Posted on Oct 15, 2011, 11:15:48 PM PDT
Waldo says:
yup Beta is over with!

Posted on Oct 16, 2011, 3:06:21 PM PDT
Elwenil says:
Yeah, it ended 6 days ago.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  19
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  Oct 7, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 16, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Battlefield 3 - Playstation 3
Battlefield 3 - Playstation 3 by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
4.0 out of 5 stars (1,364)